Angry Computer not starting

Usually when I try to start up my computer, I have to start up, shut down, start up, shut down, etc. a few times until it finally starts. For the past few days, it wouldn't start at all. It will turn on, but it won't make it to the login screen. It won't let me restore from the startup menu either. What can I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    get a new psu

Deleted
    If you have any particularly tech savy friends i'd say have them take a look at it, although better yet i'd say take it to a proper place n have them give you a proper diagnosis on it. May be something as simple as a loose connection inside or something more serious.

I had similiar problem with my old computer few years back, I got some "BIOS Checksum error" back then and when it would not get to windows at all anymore I took it to my friend and he found out that my GPU was the problem and it actually had ruined my motherboard aswell.. So it could be pretty much anything, corrupted bios, faulty hardware, old psu or just something simple like loose connection between parts.
    But dont try to get it working by spamming it on off on off on off that is how I got that motherboard ruined, faulty part can do that when you spam it on off :P

PS. You didnt really give much info btw, does it go past bios screen? Do you actually see anything after you start it?
    It might be just a virus that has fucked up your windows starting sector.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2011-05-14 at 05:03 PM.