Thread: Good buy?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Good buy?

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming...roductId=43569

Intrested in getting new pc for diablo 3, guild wars 2 and some other shit. Oh to play smoother. Is it a good buy to play this kind of game?

Deleted
    I think the AMD Phenom II X4 840 is a 6 month old entry level 4 core, so it may struggle a little on games available now, like crysis 2, Rift etc, they would run, but nothing above medium setting maybe high on a few, but ultra is a no go...

The GPU is ok but is a little tired now..

The PSU is a little low, so Upgrading the GPU or CPU if possible could see you needed a new one

Will it run Diablo 3 and GW 2? tbh I Don't think anyone really knows the requirement for these game yet, but speculatively I can't see it running them on anything higher than low to medium.. maybe D3 on high but not what i've seen of GW2

And no - OS, so that's another 70 quid
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-05-14 at 09:17 PM.

See ya!!!!

Mod Warning: Perhaps you should read more than just the title of the thread before you respond. In the future, post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-05-14 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoca65a8fe722; 2011-05-14 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    I think the AMD Phenom II X4 840 is a 6 month old entry level 4 core, so it may struggle a little on games available now, like crysis 2
    I've played Crysis 1 on high on a dual core. Crysis is not a CPU bound game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I've played Crysis 1 on high on a dual core. Crysis is not a CPU bound game.
    that's nice , wasn't that like release 4 years ago?

that's nice , wasn't that like release 4 years ago?
    And it's much heavier and unoptimized than Crysis 2. Crysis 2 may look good but it's made for consoles and they can't handle the original Crysis.
    Just don't spread false information. The CPU is slow but you don't need an i5-2500k for any game in the market, unless you want to get the maximum of a high end GPU.
    The first one is completely terrible and the second one has a slower GPU but a faster CPU.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-14 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    I think the AMD Phenom II X4 840 is a 6 month old entry level 4 core, so it may struggle a little on games available now, like crysis 2, Rift etc, they would run, but nothing above medium setting maybe high on a few, but ultra is a no go...

The GPU is ok but is a little tired now..

The PSU is a little low, so Upgrading the GPU or CPU if possible could see you needed a new one

Will it run Diablo 3 and GW 2? tbh I Don't think anyone really knows the requirement for these game yet, but speculatively I can't see it running them on anything higher than low to medium.. maybe D3 on high but not what i've seen of GW2

And no - OS, so that's another 70 quid

Rubbish! The system he posted will run any game from the past two-year and the coming two years at high details on high-resolution.

Diablo III will probably run fine on even 4-year-old PCs. Hell, I played Crysis 1 on my 4 year old system too.

The 430 Watts PSU will do fine as well as his system doesn't use more than 300-350 Watts under normal circumstances. Considering the price of 450 Euros, it's not too bad.

I don't like the PSU though. Only 336W on the 12V line. The OC version of GTX 460 uses about 170W. The Corsair will handle it but it might have to operate above 90% on full load.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-14 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    so if i had to add some upgrades to the first pc i listed what shall i upgrade? Thanks.

Based off the specifications, imo its junk and cheap. I could build a much better rig from a different website or even just build my own like I did my current rig by buying parts off of Newegg.

Specifications:

• FREE CPU Overclocking to 3.40GHz
    • AMD Phenom II X4 840 Quad Core 95w (Socket AM3) Processor
    • MSI GeForce GTX 460 Cyclone OC 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    • 4GB Mushkin (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 Silverline - 996768
    • 500GB Samsung HD502HJ Spinpoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive
    • MSI 760GM-E51 AMD 760G (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    • Corsair Builder Series 430CX Power Supply
    • Coolermaster Elite 430 Midi Tower with Window
    • Arianet ECO II 120 Water-Cooling CPU Cooler w/ 1x 120mm Be Quiet! Silent Wings USC Fan
    • NZXT Professional Braided Cables
    • Sony DVD/RW 24x
    • Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    • 1 Years RTB Warranty
    • No Operating System

Deleted
    well im on a low budget 400-500 tbh. Can i really get anything decent that will run wow and predictably future games?

For that price range you don't have a lot of options, but I would read into computers a little more and build one from the ground up. I built my first computer this year and will never buy a pre-built tower again. By the time Diablo 3 is out I'm sure there will be a new generation of CPUs and GPUs so going cheap now will only be that much farther behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Based off the specifications, imo its junk and cheap. I could build a much better rig from a different website or even just build my own like I did my current rig by buying parts off of Newegg.
    Except that the prices in Europe are ridiculous (compared to Newegg).

For that budget you certainly won't be able to build a PC yourself that will outperform that one so I'd say go for it if you really have to and have no other option.
    The CPU and GPU combo are decent enough for any game on the market, with a few tweaks here and there.

Deleted
    well atm im playing on a laptop on low since my old desktop broke, which was a piece of shat anyways.
    i just want to play wow on higher graphics and maybe a few other new games, any suggestions to a site with decent budget pcs or somthing?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good deal.

The first one is the best of the 3, and a great deal for a budget gaming pc... should be able to play anything on high settings with good fps.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The first one has a weak PSU.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-15 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The first one has a weak PSU.
    And a low wattage cpu, so it doesn't matter.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.