AOE Rotation for Frost DK 2H,need help

Hey guys,just started playing frost lately and need some advice for aoe,i played UH for ages and always used pestilence to spread diseases,ive been reading EJ and doesnt seem to use pest at all,just wondering what you guys do say for a mob of 4-6 to a mob 10+(any difference in rotation).Im very average player but trying to learn as much as i can,any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Howling Blast.
    tab tar plague strike.
    Frost pres for AoE.

Keep Dnd on CD. Howling blast a ton. Frost strike to burn RP. Plague strike to use excess unholy runes.

Don't obliterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
    Howling Blast.
    tab tar plague strike.
    Frost pres for AoE.
    This except stay in UH presence. While this might seem counterintuitive b/c of the 15% damage buff from FP, UP offers 50% faster globals AND faster rune regen, allowing for enough additional howling blasts to make up the difference in 15% more damage, as long as you are in melee range for FS. See below for more info if you're curious.

Maloriak Aoe Thread

Also to answer one of your original questions don't pestilence. You have to sacrifice a howling blast to do this and it's not worth it. See below for more info if you like.

Pestilence vs HB
    Last edited by burbon; 2011-05-15 at 05:02 AM.

thanks for your help,much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by burbon View Post
    This except stay in UH presence. While this might seem counterintuitive b/c of the 15% damage buff from FP, UP offers 50% faster globals AND faster rune regen, allowing for enough additional howling blasts to make up the difference in 15% more damage, as long as you are in melee range for FS. See below for more info if you're curious.

Maloriak Aoe Thread

Also to answer one of your original questions don't pestilence. You have to sacrifice a howling blast to do this and it's not worth it. See below for more info if you like.

Pestilence vs HB
    pretty much exactly this, I do swap between unholy to frost and back for things like, kiting magmaw worms, and atramedes air phases. If you are dpsing from range, make sure you use death coil to fish for runic empowerment procs, more re=more howling blast.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    OB + HB spam + DnD + FS spam while runes on CD then back to HB spamming.

Stay in UH presence.

As im doing all that and my procs align for an OB crit and it's not on CD, I do that. Otherwise I use plaguestrike and DnD to keep those runes on CD before I go back to FS & HB spam.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-05-15 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    OB + HB spam + DnD + FS spam while runes on CD then back to HB spamming.

Stay in UH presence.

As im doing all that and my procs align for an OB crit and it's not on CD, I do that. Otherwise I use plaguestrike and DnD to keep those runes on CD before I go back to FS & HB spam.
    How do you OB and still be able to HB spam? Just HB spam and use KM procs on FS, with plague strike to get rid of unholies, after laying down DnD.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    How do you OB and still be able to HB spam? Just HB spam and use KM procs on FS, with plague strike to get rid of unholies, after laying down DnD.
    Like I said I'm only using OB when proc's align. My goal when I AoE is to get my runes (but frost) on CD then HB spam.
    Then while I'm spamming FS I usually get a proc via Runic empowerment and a KM proc at the same time/one after the other. Sometimes I even get luckier and my OB Crit procs a free HB and I can rotate between both for amazing DPS.

That doesnt happen all the time in which cause I plague strike.

Spread Diseases, DND, HB Spam, FS Spam while Runes on CD.

Y U NO KEEP AGGRO TANK?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhsquishuh View Post

Y U NO KEEP AGGRO TANK?
    Let me fix that.

Spread diseases -> DnD - > HB SPAM -> FS SPAM -> OH SHIT -> DEATH STRIKE -> PANIC PANIC -> DEATH STRIKE -> DEATH

"me: tank learn to control threat. Yeah I know its my fault ;("

Thank goodness I've been doing my AoE rotation correctly, I was kinda concerned actually.
    But, as they said above, I did notice a pretty significant difference between Unholy Pres and Frost Pres, favoring Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duhsquishuh View Post

Y U NO KEEP AGGRO TANK?
    Don't spread diseases. See Pestilence vs HB.

DnD > HB > FS > PS

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Like I said I'm only using OB when proc's align. My goal when I AoE is to get my runes (but frost) on CD then HB spam.
    Then while I'm spamming FS I usually get a proc via Runic empowerment and a KM proc at the same time/one after the other. Sometimes I even get luckier and my OB Crit procs a free HB and I can rotate between both for amazing DPS.

That doesnt happen all the time in which cause I plague strike.
    Depending on how many adds there are HB will be greater than an OB crit. As long as there are 4+ adds I wouldn't ever oblit over HB. Just use your KM procs for FS.

My HB hits for roughly 18k and OB crits for roughly 45k. If you have 4 adds you'll get 18k + (3 x 9k) out of HB which is roughly again 45k. When we are in aoe situations, whether it's trash or Maloriak, etc, usually we have more than 4 adds. Also if for some reason you used either 2 frost, 2 death, or 1 frost and one death rune, it would be a real waste on that Oblit as you are giving up 2 HB for 1 Oblit.
    Last edited by burbon; 2011-05-15 at 06:39 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but for me I mostly run my DK through heroics and some tanks can't handle my 40-50k+ AoE DPS on 5-6 targets (I did 90k on a big mob pull in ZG) so I try to OB for some big crits on a single target rather than threat whoring it up and dying.

Living DPS > dead DPS.

Of course a good tank with good threat fixes all.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-05-15 at 06:41 PM.