Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Derp, I'm concerned the OP has completely forgotten this thread. :P

I hate AMD Fanboy .... IT HAS MORE CORES !! So its ...... BETTER RIGHT!

The CPU architecture is by far more important than the number of cores and this is where SB beat AMD x6. It offer ALOT more performance Core for Core and also clock for clock. Even the 2core/4thread Core i3 2100 beat the 955 x4 in most application. Theres no reason to go with AMD atm, even on budget id go with a core i3 2100.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.652041 Mobo+Cpu Combo - 370$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-416-_-Product RAM - 95$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...r%20tx650%20v2 PSU - 90$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-575-_-Product GPU - 300$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-794-_-Product HDD - 75$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129098 Case - 55$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181015 Heatsink - 72$

Total - 1057$ +Tx and shipping
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-05-15 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I hate AMD Fanboy .... IT HAS MORE CORES !! So its ...... BETTER RIGHT!

The CPU architecture is by far more important than the number of cores and this is where SB beat AMD x6. It offer ALOT more performance Core for Core and also clock for clock. Even the 2core/4thread Core i3 2100 beat the 955 x4 in most application. Theres no reason to go with AMD atm, even on budget id go with a core i3 2100.
    No it doesn't. The only reason that i5-2500k beats 1100T is that most of the software today benefits from faster single threading. Intel is adapting to that, AMD is not. But the Phenoms II x6 are still great CPUs.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-15 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc914a4f32fc; 2011-05-15 at 07:23 PM. Reason: information

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    No it doesn't. The only reason that i5-2500k beats 1100T is that most of the software today benefits from faster single threading. Intel is adapting to that, AMD is not. But the Phenoms II x6 are still great CPUs.
    Ok in other word better CPU architecture .......... lol wuts wrong with u

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    i5-2500k is way better than phenom II x6 for gaming
    Not by much. The X6 1100T is 5 bucks less and both Turbo Core to 3.7Ghz and are 3.3Ghz stock speed, same amount of L3 cache and whatnot. Most programs aren't designed for 6 core technology, however the X6 does game well enough, but takes a dump on Intel if you are into video encoding and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-05-15 at 07:31 PM.

Ok in other word better CPU architecture .......... lol wuts wrong with u
    The architecture is not so superior as you think. Sandy is on 32nm and K10.5 is on... 45nm. Don't forget that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Not by much. The X6 1100T is 5 bucks less and both Turbo Core to 3.7Ghz and are 3.3Ghz stock speed, same amount of L3 cache and whatnot.
    The overclocking ability compared to the i5 2500k make it vastly superior to the amd's. If you get a good chip you can easily clock the SB to 5.0ghz+ on air, while the amd your lucky if you can reach a stable setting @ 4.4ghz on H20.

Can look @ 3dmark scores to actually give a gauging of performance difference.

I5 with 6970

http://3dmark.com/search?resultTypeI...&chipsetId=638

amd 1090t:

http://3dmark.com/search?resultTypeI...&chipsetId=638
    Twitch.tv/datmodz

Live Hardmode raids from multiple perspectives, Rated Battlegrounds(Hero of the Alliance) and Arenas from a multi-time Gladiator!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I'd personally wait for AMD to release the Bulldozer and Bobcat processors next month and see what their benchmarks are like, because they are supposed to be as good, if not better, then Sandybridge Intel processors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    OP, I'd personally wait for AMD to release the Bulldozer and Bobcat processors next month and see what their benchmarks are like, because they are supposed to be as good, if not better, then Sandybridge Intel processors.
    And even if sandybridge remains the better choice for gaming the release of Bulldozer chips should reduce the prices on sandybridge a bit (finally giving them a bit of competition...hopefully)

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys, seriously don't even come in here saying "blah blah new tech soon! Better wait!" Cause its like that constantly, theres new video cards, cpu, motherboards, everything coming out every month, so it won't even matter.

Also DO NOT go for a gtx 560 ti, when you can get the 6950 2gb, unlock it, overclock it, and it be a lot faster. Also go with SB, you will not be disappointed, I promise you. Plus you won't even know how much the bulldozer and the ivy are going to cost, along with a motherboard, and memory, along with a capable heatsink.

Go with what I listed first. I guarantee you nobody here can list something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Okay guys, seriously don't even come in here saying "blah blah new tech soon! Better wait!" Cause its like that constantly, theres new video cards, cpu, motherboards, everything coming out every month, so it won't even matter.
    We're less than a month away from the Bulldozer release. At best it will beat Sandy and it will be the better choice for gaming. At worst it will be slightly behind Sandy while being cheaper, so Intel would have to drop the prices. It's a win-win situation.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-15 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're less than a month away from the Bulldozer release. At best it will beat Sandy and it will be the better choice for gaming. At worst it will be slightly behind Sandy, so Intel would have to drop the prices.
    It will probably cost a lot at release, going over the OP's budget. He'll have to get the CPU, which there will be many different ones to choose from, along with the motherboard, and memory, and heatsink.. We don't know the price of everything though, well atleast I don't.

You know... if he doesn't have a monitor/kb/mouse he can use that will make a significant difference... and I didn't see him say he had those already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    You know... if he doesn't have a monitor/kb/mouse he can use that will make a significant difference... and I didn't see him say he had those already.
    I think OP left due to AMD/Intel fanboys ripping on each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I think OP left due to AMD/Intel fanboys ripping on each other.
    LOL True. Oh well, and I don't see how he doesn't have a mouse, keyboard, monitor.. Unless he was on a laptop.

The architecture is not so superior as you think. Sandy is on 32nm and K10.5 is on... 45nm. Don't forget that.
    K well then core i5 7xx is still much better than a x4 and a core i7 920-960(yup not including gulftown here) is still much better than any x6.
    So wuts ur point ... im not an intel fanboy , ill buy anything thats better for my money.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-05-15 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    K well then core i5 7xx is still much better than a x4 and a core i7 920-960(yup not including gulftown here) is still much better than any x6.
    So wuts ur point ... im not an intel fanboy , ill buy anything thats better for my money.
    True, true. I think the first gen i5 quads were suppose to compete with the second gen phenoms?

K well then core i5 7xx is still much better than a x4
    Not really.

Clock for clock Intel still has the better architecture, but the difference is not that huge as the Intel fanboys like to think.