Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ASUS is LoJack'ed :P
    Basically you need to do this:

Pick out each of the things you particularly like about each one, then put a value (what you would pay for that feature alone) on each point, whichever comes out with the higher value... wins!

If I were in your shoes I'd go for the Asus,
    1) bigger screen for gaming, (although the 15.6 is a really good size :P)
    2) it will last longer
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-05-16 at 07:34 PM.

Dont buy a laptop with an AMD CPU ... not because they are bad CPU , but only because WoW hate AMD CPU for some reason. Tom Hardware released an article lately comparing alot of CPU and see their performance in WoW! And ALL AMD CPU were struggling behind Intel CPUs (and there was no Sandybridge at this time).

Look for laptop with a Core i5 2410M and you will be happy for many years!
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-05-16 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Dont buy a laptop with an AMD CPU ... not because they are bad CPU , but only because WoW hate AMD CPU for some reason. Tom Hardware released an article lately comparing alot of CPU and see their performance in WoW! And ALL AMD CPU were struggling behind Intel CPUs (and there was no Sandybridge at this time).

Look for laptop with a Core i5 2410M and you will be happy for many years!
    I'm pretty sure that article was flawed and is outdated by now. Not that I wouldn't recommend a new processor, but an AMD CPU isn't going to harm WoW playing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX660.html
    Intel Core i5 480M 2,66 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache
    4GB RAM
    ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870

It would cost me 1,000 euro.

or this one
    http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G73SW/
    Intel Core i7 2630QM / 2 GHz (turbo at 2.9 GHz)
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

This one would cost 1450 euro.

I know the 2nd one is better, but considering the cost.. would the first or 2nd one be more 'priceworthy'?
    With that in mind, the first one, I'd say. And I'm an Asus-person. But, like you say, the second one is better, and I would like to say it's not that much better, to warrant the price (and I prefer laptops to be you know, mobile), but it sadly is.
    Twice the RAM, twice the cores, new architecture, turbos to the same, twice the L3 Cache, will last longer, but very slightly worse GPU.
    But do you need such a powerhouse? It's also big - and weighs 3.85kg. Not that portable.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I generally would disregard their entire test.