Thread: Seriously Rift?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Ignoring the Everquest fact...

Whats the problem of being a "WoW Copy" exactly?
    Well for one, Trion was making all these snide advertisements, the "We're not in Azeroth anymore" crap, directly bashing/attacking WoW, and now look, Rift is a carbon copy. Irony is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I like people who try to compare the WoW of today with the Everquest of 6-7 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Listen guy.... If you don't like it, don't play it.

There is a 200 some page thread already about Rift. Bring your tears there.
    lol, one of the dumbest comments ive seen lately! he just highlighted a fact, no cry, no protest, no complains. just mentioned a funny fact. thats it. rofl.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    lol, one of the dumbest comments ive seen lately! he just highlighted a fact, no cry, no protest, no complains. just mentioned a funny fact. thats it. rofl.
    Agreed. And to all these people posting "oh this thread's gonna get locked olololo", what, people aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Kunther View Post
    Edit - I forgot to address your LFG. I didn't see any LFG system when I played other than a level bracketed chat system. Such as 10-19, 20-29. As you level you change chat brackets.
    If you played in the Beta, it wasn't there. I don't know when it was added, but I was recently patching and noticed updates to it.
    Thanks Soko<3

All MMOs are the same if you strip them down to the bones, at least the main principle of them.

But like a few people have said here, not a productive topic. >_> Will only result in RIFT fans getting angry and WoW fans saying 'yarly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Well for one, Trion was making all these snide advertisements, the "We're not in Azeroth anymore" crap, directly bashing/attacking WoW, and now look, Rift is a carbon copy. Irony is awesome.
    I've played through Rift. I didn't spend my time saying "OMG THEY COPED MY FAV GAME EVER" I took it in and enjoyed it without pointing fingers. If you immerse yourself in Rift, you won't be saying "wow copy". I love how everybody compares any mmo to WoW, when wow was a copy itself.

And rift isn't a carbon copy. Yes they took ideas and great things from WoW, but it isn't wow. If we are going to keep saying wow copy, I'm going to start saying EQ copy. 1=1=1 amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those things you named were done before WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sangriaa View Post
    all mmos are the same if you strip them down to the bones, at least the main principle of them.

But like a few people have said here, not a productive topic. >_> will only result in rift fans getting angry and wow fans saying 'yarly'.
    my game is better then your game!!!!!!!!!111!!11qq

Oh wait...I don't really care because I'm too busy enjoying the game! Raid time!

Agreed. And to all these people posting "oh this thread's gonna get locked olololo", what, people aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore?
    It's fine that he has an opinion but he shouldn't post it publicly on a discussion forum if it's completely retarded and has 0% chance of creating any sort of real discussion.
    (Flaming doesn't qualify as discussion, and besides that's what the official WoW forums and battle.net forums are for.)

Deleted
    Why try compete with wow when you can brush up on what wow believes they cannot do?

Many MMO's have tried to go different than wow and failed, you think rift want this to happen?
    From what i see rift is more visually nice to see. think of aion / anime lovers. and it's nicer to use on your comp as it specs are high(graphics wise?).

Quote Originally Posted by Kunther View Post
    I've played through Rift. I didn't spend my time saying "OMG THEY COPED MY FAV GAME EVER" I took it in and enjoyed it without pointing fingers. If you immerse yourself in Rift, you won't be saying "wow copy". I love how everybody compares any mmo to WoW, when wow was a copy itself.

And rift isn't a carbon copy. Yes they took ideas and great things from WoW, but it isn't wow. If we are going to keep saying wow copy, I'm going to start saying EQ copy. 1=1=1 amirite?

When I first saw Rift, I have to admit that I jumped on the "Omg, it's a WoW copy" bandwagon. However, once I actually played it, I soon changed my tone.

Sure, a lot of things feel similar to WoW, but I saw that as a MASSIVE bonus. I didn't need to learn an entirely new way of playing, as I already had experience from WoW. I could just hop right in, and use common sense to work out what does what. Whilst some things did annoy me in Rift, overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Seriously, just try it. Don't go into the game thinking "Omg, it's WoW 2.0", because that is all you will think. You'll compare everything you see to WoW, and hate it. Just go into it with an open mind, and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
    Why try compete with wow when you can brush up on what wow believes they cannot do?

Many MMO's have tried to go different than wow and failed, you think rift want this to happen?
    From what i see rift is more visually nice to see. think of aion / anime lovers. and it's nicer to use on your comp as it specs are high(graphics wise?).
    Meh. It gave me a headache after a while, playing on the highest settings. Too much flashy flashy and the sound quality was...ehhh

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank God people like the OP don't want to play GW2. Stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    I really dont understand why someone wants to play a game they already dislike and then come to a forum to complain about it to everyone... Hence the reason I mentioned the 200 page Rift thread already going.

But you're cute for saying my comment was dumb. Your ability to understand things make you superior in intelligence.

Because it has been said to no end, that if you want to talk about rift, do it in the rift thread. Complaints included. The OP just wants attention and the community to know he hates a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakudjo View Post
    If you played in the Beta, it wasn't there. I don't know when it was added, but I was recently patching and noticed updates to it.
    LFG tool was added last Tuesday, May 10th. So very recently. It's still somewhat buggy from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    All of those things you named were done before WoW.
    This. If we have to say it once, we have to say it again: WoW was not the first of it's kind. There are several other mmo's with almost the exact same formula.

Just because WoW was probably the first mmo you've ever played does not mean it was the first mmo ever.

Edit: Also, you'll complain about an mmo that has the same formula as WoW, but when there's a game that will potentially be much different than WoW (Guild Wars 2), you'll state that you won't play it?
    Last edited by hightides24; 2011-05-16 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    This. If we have to say it once, we have to say it again: WoW was not the first of it's kind. There are several other mmo's with almost the exact same formula.

Just because WoW was probably the first mmo you've ever played does not mean it was the first mmo ever.
    true, however many of those things that WoW did take it did better then the MMOs it took from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    Thank God people like the OP don't want to play GW2. Stay away.
    i really do hope it goes well, some actual competition in the MMORPG market would be nice.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-05-16 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anowyn View Post
    LFG tool was added last Tuesday, May 10th. So very recently. It's still somewhat buggy from what I hear.
    I quit playing a month ago after I played through it, twice. Warrior and Rogue. I didn't know they added a LFG tool. There was no need imo. They had the chat brackets, and as soon as one person entered the instance, everyone else could teleport.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    true, however many of those things that WoW did take it did better then the MMOs it took from.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 12:05 AM ----------

cause Sony is doing good with their other online games and systems, right?
    Sony? What?