Poll: What professions do you have on your Druid

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Druid Professions, A poll

Please pick only 2 poll options.

I had noticed the other day, My druid is an Herb Alch, as are 8/14 druids in my guild.

I am about to start raiding so I am dropping herb for something better, probably engineering.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Herb/Alch is nice for the Lifeblood, and making your own flasks. Being able to stat your own helmet, and the controled intellect on the gloves for Engineering are nice. It depends really what your looking for. I'd go with Tailoring, Engineering, or LWing, cause I have LW/skinning.
    Last edited by ZehGeek; 2011-05-17 at 05:25 AM.

Resto here, I'm alch/engineering. The cogs on the helmet plus the PVP utility in BGs are what made me choose engineering, and I have too much invested in having every recipe (even pre-shattering ones like Goblin Rocket Fuel) I can get to drop Alchemy. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Inscription because a Glyph of Mangle goes for nearly 500g in my server. Like hell can I afford that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with lw. You can craft your own gear and get really cheap leg / braver enchants. Also, lw offers + resist enchants which are awesome if you tank.

Poll Only allows 10 options. Probably could have grouped gathering professions as they offer little to no benefit to raiders.

I allready have an LW. I wouldn't bother ever leveling a crafting profession again. Can't make any money with them. Only considering taking Engineering for the tinkers, helm, repair bots, mailbox.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Enchanting there. Other one is JC.

I don't think any profession differs a lot from each other anymore tbh.

I'm a Herb/Alch, and in the old days it helped with some of the Druid quests that required earthroot!

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Herb/Alch is nice for the Lifeblood, and making your own flasks.
    Herbalism is pretty bad for boomkins, if you just make a small theorycraft you will see that the amount of haste is pretty sh*t: At 480 haste for 20s every 2 minutes, it averages out to 80 haste.

With that said, every profession is about the same, making a small theorycraft all of them give 80+ intellect (Skinning + Herbalism not mentioned) to your stats, except Jewelcrafting, which gives 81+ intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunefesslol View Post
    Herbalism is pretty bad for boomkins, if you just make a small theorycraft you will see that the amount of haste is pretty sh*t: At 480 haste for 20s every 2 minutes, it averages out to 80 haste.
    Well I'm not a moonkin, I play feral and macro in Lifeblood with Berserk, or when I play Resto I macro in Lifeblood with Tree Form. Yet I do think thats an over simplistic look at it, the averaging it out to 80 haste I mean. Surely 480 haste for 20s in conjunction with all your other cooldowns will give you a massive boost to when you need it the most, and counters the fact that on average it is less.

That is true, using it as a troll + heroism + lifeblood will give you a boost in DPS, still, I was saying what it will provide you on an average fight, still, I prefer professions such as Alchemy/Jewelcrafting over Gathering Professions.

Would have voted, but you left off the best profession.

JC+Enchanting here. Enchanting is leftover from when it was actually a profitable profession, was cheaper to level it 450-525 than it was to reroll a new one 1-525. Will probably dump Enchanting for Alchemy if I'm ever feeling lazy one day. With all the professions (except JC) being normalized to +80 stats, professions now come down to the economic benefits, and it's hard to argue with saving a few hundred gold in flasks per raid night.

Although I must say that Inscription is my new favorite profession for alts. It saves you the shoulder rep grind and is extremely cheap to level (haven't done the math, but I think it's the cheapest crafting profession out there).

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    and it's hard to argue with saving a few hundred gold in flasks per raid night.
    Guild-Cauldrons ftw, it's what we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Elunefesslol View Post
    Guild-Cauldrons ftw, it's what we do!
    Only lasts 2 hours. Still end up having to use 1 or 2 of my own flasks each night.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Only lasts 2 hours. Still end up having to use 1 or 2 of my own flasks each night.
    Why doesn't your alchemist place a new cauldron after 2 hours? ^^

I'm currently Alchemy / Jewelcrafting.

I've been pretty much every profession under the sun, except Enchanting. Jewelcrafting is ridiculously expensive to level up, which is one of the main reasons I've kept it since Wrath. And Alchemy is very nice for both longer flask durations and the ability to transmute my own gems for meta cuts or transmute Volatile Lifes to Volatile Airs for profit.

Considering how normalized the professions are, I'd recommend sticking to whatever is easy/fun/cheap to level.

Too bad you included both Tailoring and Blacksmithing (both of very little value to druids) and didn't include JC, a profession of choice for raiders.

JC/Alch here.

Alchmy is the best prof ever, whichever way you look at it (buffs, gold making, usefulness...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathor View Post
    Too bad you included both Tailoring and Blacksmithing (both of very little value to druids) and didn't include JC, a profession of choice for raiders.
    You realise that BS in terms of bonuses gives 80 intellect (or whatever the druid in person wishes to gem, but we will guess they will use 2x 40 int gems) - which is only 1 less than JC and on par with every other profession that increases raw stats?

EDIT: I am also sure that the Tailoring cloak imbue is BiS for moonkins, probably resto druids too if you need the extra spirit/throughput proc

LW & Skinning. Those are the same profs I had when I started and never changed them.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.