Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    1st was OK then 2nd was OK till they emo-negotiate with nemesis i just /facepalm and looked the other way since then...

I am such a little bitch ass sucker for Zombie related...anything. I loved them, even though I know deep down they are shit. I just love zombie movies, and post-apocalyptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    It's movies based on a video games, I can't say I expected anything great to begin with. At least Milla Jovavich is hot, so hot girls + guns is a pretty good combination sometimes.
    this is why ppl need to get shot, they see a hot chick in a shitty movie that should never have been made, they go2 the movie hating it but love the girl and give them more money for another shitty sequel instead of making them lose money and forced into a remake or just ending a shitty movie series to begin with

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Descent mindless pew-pew movie if you try to forget it's based off a video game franchise and ignore the shitty storylines.

It's an entertaining movie if you like the genre. But it is in no way a good movie. I enjoyed it a lot though. For me there are good movies, entertaining movies and just bad movies.

Good movies are movies like:
    District 9, Inglourious Basterds, Inception, Ip Man, Fight Club, Kick-Ass, Kill Bill, Letters From Iwo Jima, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Lucky Number Slevin, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, Snatch.

Of course that is also a bit of my personal taste. But I'm not listing movies of my personal taste that are not so good. All these movies have high quality stuff in it (scenes, storyline, action, comedy, etc).

Entertaining movies are: The Expendables, Thor, Iron Man, Origings: Wolverine, Resident Evil 3D, Avatar.
    But they are in NO WAY good. Mostly a cheap story line, no special cool really awesome movie techniques (apart from graphics in Pocahontas in Space.. eh I mean Avatar).
    Last edited by Zetsumei; 2011-05-16 at 11:43 PM.
    /Zetsumei

I love the whole series...i don't expect much of movies anymore though ever. If I'm entertained from start to finish, it's a good movie. I am a sucker for hot chicks kicking ass too. They keep making sequels for people like me I guess =)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    all i can say is thank christ they didnt ruin leon as far as i know.
    Yeah, thankfully they just have a passing reference to the fact that he'd died off screen in the second movie.

Oh, sorry, what? Yeah, I played the second RE before the first so Leon's always been a favorite of mine, so that kind of annoyed me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Entertaining movies are:Origings: Wolverine

Origins... was entertaining? Ninja, what?

15+ Year Old Account
    First was awesome second and third ones mediocre and last one utter bullshit and I am sorry, but I was utterly disappointed by Alice losing her powers, just like that, hohoho we've found a serum which removes your powers all of a sudden.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

And to think Romero wrote the original script, but it was tossed because it was deemed too similar to the games.

...ahh yes Resident evil the movie...i was very disapointed in that movie because they didnt stay with the games like i was hopeing that they would...but over all the movie wasnt that bad...could have been worse...i still think they should have done some stuff that was like the game but oh well...hopefully that they will make the 2nd movie more like the 2nd game but i still think that they are just going to continue there own little resident evil story...

10+ Year Old Account
    Milla is my favorite actress, and RE is my favorite movie series. The "Hot chick killing things with weapons" factor makes up for the apparent lack of story that everyone seems to think these movies have. Either way, i love these movies and the games =)

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    It's an entertaining movie if you like the genre. But it is in no way a good movie. I enjoyed it a lot though. For me there are good movies, entertaining movies and just bad movies.

Good movies are movies like:
    District 9, Inglourious Basterds, Inception, Ip Man, Fight Club, Kick-Ass, Kill Bill, Letters From Iwo Jima, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Lucky Number Slevin, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, Snatch.

Of course that is also a bit of my personal taste. But I'm not listing movies of my personal taste that are not so good. All these movies have high quality stuff in it (scenes, storyline, action, comedy, etc).

Entertaining movies are: The Expendables, Thor, Iron Man, Origings: Wolverine, Resident Evil 3D, Avatar.
    But they are in NO WAY good. Mostly a cheap story line, no special cool really awesome movie techniques (apart from graphics in Pocahontas in Space.. eh I mean Avatar).
    You think Avatar is bad, but entertaining? *points to the door*.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

The Resident Evil live action movies were pretty terrible.

But the Resident Evil: Degeneration animated movie was pretty good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjuN0xUJssg