Looking for a good non-FPS multiplayer oriented PC game

Hey guys, I'm getting a new computer here soon and to celebrate I want to buy myself a new game. Well, it doesn't have to be super new, but preferably something that can do my new graphics capabilities justice

I don't know much about the PC scene as I mostly just play WoW on my computer, but I'd like it to have good multiplayer and not be FPS, as I'm totally bored of the genre atm.

I like hacking and slashing, RPGs, and racing games for the most part. I'd also be open to 3rd person shooters, lol. Or anything really, if you can convince me it's good.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Also no MMO's. I'm good with the one I have now.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

im not sure how graphic demanding tthe new Need For Speed Hot Persuit is, but i can finally play it now on my new computer and am having a blast with it, since you said you like racing games. however i havnt tried any online yet, still going through the game races.

Deleted
    Alien Swarm on Steam. It's a TPS, made by Valve, and FREE! It's amazing to play 4 player co-op and really makes you work as a team to make it through the levels. The difficulty level is insane, you will not be disappointed in the challenge!

mm dont know games u got...buuut mass effect 2 is a very good 3rd person shooter with high replay levels...mmm the witcher 2 is coming out like 2morrows maybe that will tickle ye fancy my bad neither are online...well umm stick arena? its free but you will more then likly get hacked on that game
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-05-16 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd have to recommend Minecraft, although i don't think it's too graphic demanding.

Okay, just asking but why not a FPS? Oh sorry you're bored
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-05-16 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Posted then read

Starcraft 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTape View Post
    Hey guys, I'm getting a new computer here soon and to celebrate I want to buy myself a new game. Well, it doesn't have to be super new, but preferably something that can do my new graphics capabilities justice

I don't know much about the PC scene as I mostly just play WoW on my computer, but I'd like it to have good multiplayer and not be FPS, as I'm totally bored of the genre atm.

I like hacking and slashing, RPGs, and racing games for the most part. I'd also be open to 3rd person shooters, lol. Or anything really, if you can convince me it's good.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Also no MMO's. I'm good with the one I have now.
    Minecraft.
    Crysis
    Portal 2
    Vindictus.
    Starcraft 2
    Mass effect 1 and 2, 3 this year.
    Star wars games are always good.
    "not just that mmo coming up"

Thanks for the suggestions!

Minecraft is great but I already own it. I think I might check out Need for Speed Hot Pursuit because I really liked the original a lot. Also Starcraft 2 and Portal 2 are on my list now.

If anyone has more suggestions post em, I'd love to expand my library. Mostly into MP games like I said but it's not like I can avoid amazing games like Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim this year
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*