Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is Less-Rabi would be pretty hard too. Enhance Shammys can solo it because they have the shortest CD interrupt in the game, at 6 seconds, possibly 5 specced. I am pretty sure he casts transformation more than once every 10 seconds, which is standard interrupt CD for melee. Unless you can pick up gag order to get a third cast, you probably can't do it.
    Last edited by Handlebardoc; 2011-05-17 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also been studies that are showing that plants release distress signals in the form of chemicals, such as when they're cut or broken, which other plants can react to.

That freshly mown lawn smell? That's tens of thousands of blades of grass screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironza View Post
    one problem though with clothies soloing it is the daze from the zombies which is a pretty good annoyance.
    I may be wrong but daze only happens if u get critted. at 85 they shouldn't be able to crit

I've solo'd many on my DK for fun but some are impossible or very difficult to pull off alone. I had trouble with the snake-wrapping boss in Gundrak killing me before I could get that final bit of his health down but otherwise most achievements can be solo'd by a decently geared and competent player. I solo'd Utgarde Pinnacle for the Blue Proto-Drake and got most of the achievements in there pretty much by accident.

One tip I can give I found by accident is Hadronax Denied. If you can run past all the mobs and past Hadronax and into the drop cave you'll automatically kill him and get the achievement.

The ones mentioned requiring more than one player (Occulus primarily and maybe Watch Him Die) are going to be your major blocks but like 90% are soloable.
    Last edited by Dairystyle; 2011-05-17 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrina View Post
    Drag. zombies. through. inn.
    Did they revert the change on this? Was at some point in WotLK that they made it so they would stop at the door to the inn, thus not going through and you had to have someone up top and someone at the bottom picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Handlebardoc View Post
    My guess is Less-Rabi would be pretty hard too. Enhance Shammys can solo it because they have the shortest CD interrupt in the game, at 6 seconds, possibly 5 specced. I am pretty sure he casts transformation more than once every 10 seconds, which is standard interrupt CD for melee. Unless you can pick up gag order to get a third cast, you probably can't do it.
    Depends on how quick you can burst you might be able to do it as a Blood Elf, as you can do your 10 second interrupt first, Arcane Torrent second, and 10 second interrupt again providing you can burst it in less than 30 seconds. Other than that only other classes I can think that might be able to do it is Prot Paladin (get lucky with AS proc, plus Blood Elf for extra silence), Warrior, or possibly an engineer with a silence since they have the gun that interrupts casting.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-05-17 at 01:51 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2043 might be impossible to solo unless you're a class with a hard hitting pet or get lucky rng. If you're by yourself you'll get stunned under the sword and I found the hulk would always cast a knockback on me while up there, knocking me down to the lower level (still stunned) and he'd follow me.

If you're a class with a strong pet you may be able to stick your pets on the mobs that are stunning you, or you may be able to get lucky and have the hulk miss with his knockback(s).

Deleted
    Less Rabi can be soloed by an enhance shaman. The dps is much lower soloing, so the time-window between his transform casts are larger then rushing it with a couple of people. Still, the Zombie achievement in CoT is really hard, impossible to do alone. Also, the other achieve in Gundrak requires all 5 party members to be hit by that ugly Rhino. And Oculus.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesyss View Post
    Less Rabi can be soloed by an enhance shaman. The dps is much lower soloing, so the time-window between his transform casts are larger then rushing it with a couple of people. Still, the Zombie achievement in CoT is really hard, impossible to do alone. Also, the other achieve in Gundrak requires all 5 party members to be hit by that ugly Rhino. And Oculus.....
    About the zombie one, I really dont see why it would even be difficult for any class with a good AoE attack. Unless it has been changed so one no longer can drag the zombies through the inn it would be easy to collect them like we did in WotLK (they run very slow so no healing is needed while kiting them) collect a few more on the other side and then burn them down quickly. The last part would probably be easier for a class with AoE slows (frost DK or lock) but I doubt its neccessary.

And about it being "really hard, impossible to do alone", even back in WotLK, the only part that used more than one player was nuking them down once they were gathered up so I dont see what the problem is...?

Deleted
    Respect your elders is probably not soloable by every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Enris View Post
    Raegwyn can solo it.
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by Rapt0r Dash View Post
    I would love to see him solo Share the Love.
    Raegwynn can solo everything....everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a bug with Zombiefest, when they wouldn't come through the Inn, but it has since been fixed. There are 85 zombies on the starting side of the inn, and so you need 15 (plus any you don't manage to pick up on the way). I don't think it is impossible, but would be pretty hard as a non-tank, due to the elite-mobs on the other side (you get 3 or 4 of them before you'll have enough zombies to qualify for the achievement).

Less-rabi: Doesn't he try to change at 75%, 50%, 25%? So keeping your dps DOWN makes this easier (as your interrupt cooldowns have a chance to clear).

15+ Year Old Account
    need at least 2 people for "watch him die" i think its called, where u dont kill the guardian on a certain boss in anh'kahet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrina View Post
    Drag. zombies. through. inn.
    They tether and evade iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykku View Post
    They tether and evade iirc
    I haven't done it since WotLK but they didn't tether when I did it (ICC-era)
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    need at least 2 people for "watch him die" i think its called, where u dont kill the guardian on a certain boss in anh'kahet
    Watch him die is in azjol Nerub (first boss), and I cannot see why that isn't soloable. You just have to kill the boss, while trying to survive the hits from the other bosses. as far as i know, the watchers don't apply something like immunity to the boss.

most are soloable- watch him die is easy esp as a hunter. 340k hp should go down in about 5 seconds with cds.

the zombies still go through the inn. ive never seen a time when they didnt

the occulus ones cant be solo;d (duh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapt0r Dash View Post
    I would love to see him solo Share the Love.
    He'd probably just kite Ouros, the Twin Emperors and C'Thun into Northrend and get them all impaled too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've soloed Zombiefest on my prot warrior on lvl 80 in Naxx gear. And The Incredible Hulk is quite soloable and is rather easy.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    There was a bug with Zombiefest, when they wouldn't come through the Inn, but it has since been fixed. There are 85 zombies on the starting side of the inn, and so you need 15 (plus any you don't manage to pick up on the way). I don't think it is impossible, but would be pretty hard as a non-tank, due to the elite-mobs on the other side (you get 3 or 4 of them before you'll have enough zombies to qualify for the achievement).

Less-rabi: Doesn't he try to change at 75%, 50%, 25%? So keeping your dps DOWN makes this easier (as your interrupt cooldowns have a chance to clear).
    No, the cooldown of his transformation as well as the casting time changes at 50%. The old strat was to get him down to around 51%, let him try to transform then pop all cooldown and burn. The transformations in the last half are super quick which is what always gets people and, except for shaman with full reverb, no class has a cooldown fast enough to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Also need more than 1 person to do the occulus achievements. Those are a pain. Maybe Less-Rabi too.
    Les rabi cannot be soloed you are right

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Watch him die is in azjol Nerub (first boss), and I cannot see why that isn't soloable. You just have to kill the boss, while trying to survive the hits from the other bosses. as far as i know, the watchers don't apply something like immunity to the boss.
    No they web wrap you and keep killing you if no one get you out of the web lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why most people see zombiefest as a problem. The real problem is not disconnecting - you can easily outrun the zombies and their damage is a joke even back in WOTLK. I solo'd the achievement more then once in wotlk on my paladin in tier8/9 - so most classes should be able to tackle that one.

Share the love is going to need some friends and really, REALLY slow dps.
    Oculus is going to be one where you want some friends.
    And 'Watch him die' is definatly going to need at least a buddy.

I would make a list of all achievements you are going for - and try to get some guildies to help out. :-) Goodluck!
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU