Thread: eve online

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

eve online

cant find a thread about it.

is someone from this forum playing that game ?
    im interested in it. i heard its much more complex than other MMORPGs such as WoW.
    could someone say something more about it ? how much time does it take to "have fun" ? i mean at the beginning that game is boring but the longer you play the better it gets.

thanks for the info

If you are just now trying to get into eve I only have one thing for you to see:

10+ Year Old Account
    Eve is Capitalism in Space! With some intermittent violence mixed it.

The game's a massive time sink but it's interesting. You're gonna want to get in a corporation (or guild) right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

EvE is massive game..I am playing it.. but keep in mind EvE is sandbox game... you will have to learn how to have fun in these games...because noone is holding your hand and guide you what you should do next.

Deleted
    The Learning curve is fun, but not "that hard". It's more complex and you can get lost very quickly.
    I don't think LotrO has a harder learning curve than WoW, because it's plain simple.
    Where WoW is easy to learn , hard to master. lotr is easy to learn, easy to master. (personal optinion)

Deleted
    Not my thing and never will be. Though I can see how some could enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You're gonna want to get in a corporation (or guild) right away.
    This. Play a bit to determine what you want from the game, then quickly attach yourself to people who play the same way.

The game can be fun, but it is ruthless. You learn quickly to trust no one and always be wary.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    A savage game if you are new, they take no prisoners if you are a newbie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    If you are just now trying to get into eve I only have one thing for you to see:

LOL very good, I have tried Eve about 5 times, twice the tutorial broke me, due to my short attention span..

And the last 3 times the beginning grind broke me...

Eve Puts the Massively in to MMORPG -If you have the patients I and don't & do not mind taking weeks to complete task that take hours in other MMO, then give it a try
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-05-30 at 05:29 PM.

I quit wow in January. Been playing Eve since December. Very hard to learn, but tremendously more enjoyable. You literally choose your own adventure. Wow has become far too scripted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love EVE for so many reasons.

I really wanted to get into it and found the whole concept amazing, but I just couldn't play it for very long at a time. I think I have a short attenti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I love EVE for so many reasons.
    Because you can learn skills while doing what you do for MMO-Champ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing EVE for a month, has the benefit of training skills in real time, so one can proyect his golas (mining in my case), maybe will not pay it monthly like wow, but definitively when i have the chance to afford both

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    It's only difficult to get into now if you're severely mentally handicapped, they've been improving the game a lot the last two years.

Edit:

World of Warcraft should be a straight line across the bottom of that chart, that image is obviously outdated and was made before Wrath/Cata.

On-topic: I'm subscribing in June, I played the trial earlier this month and it was the most fun I've ever had with an MMO, I can't wait to get back into it.
    Last edited by Bytes; 2011-05-16 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    It's only difficult to get into now if you're severely mentally handicapped, they've been improving the game a lot the last two years.

Edit:

World of Warcraft should be a straight line across the bottom of that chart, that image is obviously outdated and was made before Wrath/Cata.

On-topic: I'm subscribing in June, I played the trial earlier this month and it was the most fun I've ever had with an MMO, I can't wait to get back into it.
    Oh for sure, that picture is old as hell. I just remember that picture whenever someone mentions wanting to start Eve. I really have no REAL idea if it is still like that. When I played the game it was a rapefest if you were not in a corp.

Deleted
    The part about the game i like the most is the economy, nothing becomes absolute, there is a market for everything. You can reprocess weapons, ships and other ship modules and use them to build new things, unlike wow where a new expansions means that old gear and trade goods become collector items or only used to level professions.

BUT, the game is hard to get into, the time it takes to be able to do one aspect of the game can be pretty boring. Just training the (mandatory) ship support skills to level 5 is around a year of training.

Eve is a sandbox universe.

With landmines.

I love it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Eve is a sandbox universe.

With landmines.

I love it.
    Exactly what I liked about it as well. I suppose I should start playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Musky View Post
    The part about the game i like the most is the economy, nothing becomes absolute, there is a market for everything. You can reprocess weapons, ships and other ship modules and use them to build new things, unlike wow where a new expansions means that old gear and trade goods become collector items or only used to level professions.

BUT, the game is hard to get into, the time it takes to be able to do one aspect of the game can be pretty boring. Just training the (mandatory) ship support skills to level 5 is around a year of training.
    The skill training system is why i dont play more often than I do. It's difficult to keep motivated sometimes while waiting on a 30-45 day skill training.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.