Thread: eve online

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    how much standing do i need with corp to have them not taking any minerals? (0.0% taken)

5% or more is very much loss to me and only in one station i have 0% loss but i dont have industrial ship and cant train it on trial to transport it.

all that i mean in refining of course.

Eve: Fall of the Northern Coalition

May 31, 2011.

RIP: N.C.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    May 31, 2011.
    Are those the guys that lost a bunch of supercaps when one of their staging areas was sieged?

Does anyone know of any medium-sized corporations that do nullsec pvp and own or part of an alliance that owns some systems...but will take in new players? I'm looking to do tackling in a rifter (I'm only at like 300k SP), but I'd really like to be part of medium-large organized fleet operations to tackle for and learn from.

Preferably I'd like some stability, not a corporation that's about to be overrun or one that is rapidly expanding.

Thanks for any help!

you don't want to go to null with only 300k, i went out there with 5mil and couldn't rat till i could fly a tanked BC. seriously if you go to null with a frig you'll 1) be bored 2) have no way of making isk.

Deleted
    I think if you want to get involved with pvp for cheap, faction warfare might be a better option.
    There's also two corporations called Red Federation and Blue...Something or other that organise "balanced" fleet fights.
    Or join Eve University, they get wardecced a lot in highsec so that's a good way to learn about pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you don't want to go to null with only 300k, i went out there with 5mil and couldn't rat till i could fly a tanked BC. seriously if you go to null with a frig you'll 1) be bored 2) have no way of making isk.
    i have to agree
    i was in nullsec around the 4-5 million mark too.
    My Myrmidon (Gallente FTW) was good at killing the BS-class rats and i made a good amount of money, BUT! if a PvP-fitted ship comes across you, you´re dead meat.

I would like to point to this.

EvE Universe corp made this series of 46 videos showing progress from the most basic things to more advanced stuff. It's really good way to learn how to play, what options as new player you have and some really good tips for anyone who is not very familiar with EvE in general.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for.
    They're great ships, I love both my Tengu and Legion, but a word of caution.

It takes a lot of skills to fly one properly(example: not using tech 2 weapons is a baaaad idea) and they're quite an investment. Strategic cruisers aren't something you should rush to use, but more of a good mid-term goal.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    May 31, 2011.

sucks I've been in MM for just over a year, was just starting on bs 5, jump drive op and drone interfacing, now it looks like im going back to industry and mining in highsec, say what you want about the NC, the DRF will hold half of null sec when they are done taking tribute, GG ccp and gg bot mining supercap blobwin.

Deleted
    Eve is a good game but you will reach a point where you realise the game caps you based on your current skills. To increase your skills you have to just set them training and if you are bored of the current role you are performing or the ship you are flying. You can quite literally pay for a game that you are just waiting to tick to the end of your skill training queue.

Then after 2 months you can fly the ship you wanted but realise you don't have the required skills to put the proper mods on your ship so you go afk a couple more months till those are ready.

Oh also CCP think suiciding is ok. Probably the only game developer that openly admits one sided griefing is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Eve is a good game but you will reach a point where you realise the game caps you based on your current skills. To increase your skills you have to just set them training and if you are bored of the current role you are performing or the ship you are flying. You can quite literally pay for a game that you are just waiting to tick to the end of your skill training queue.

Then after 2 months you can fly the ship you wanted but realise you don't have the required skills to put the proper mods on your ship so you go afk a couple more months till those are ready.

Oh also CCP think suiciding is ok. Probably the only game developer that openly admits one sided griefing is fine.
    Don't want to get suicide ganked? Don't fly a tech 1 hauler with really valuable cargo. There's profit to be made in blowing up someone's ship to have a friend scoop the wreck, if you want to call it griefing too bad. One of the greatest things about eve is that you're not protected from your own actions. If the aggressor can make a case for making a profit from their actions, CCP will not intervene. About the only thing they'll stop is taking advantage of new players by doing things such as leaving a can outside the station in a noob system named free loot and then shooting any noob that actually takes something from it.
    Last edited by Tigercat; 2011-06-02 at 10:01 PM.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i recommend eve uni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyhello View Post
    Does anyone know of any medium-sized corporations that do nullsec pvp and own or part of an alliance that owns some systems...but will take in new players? I'm looking to do tackling in a rifter (I'm only at like 300k SP), but I'd really like to be part of medium-large organized fleet operations to tackle for and learn from.

Preferably I'd like some stability, not a corporation that's about to be overrun or one that is rapidly expanding.

Thanks for any help!
    Don't know if anyone would recruit someone with 300k SP as even trial account can have more SP. You could go to pirate faction 0.0 space even if no one recruit you. For Isk you could do level 1-2 pirate faction missions or salvage if you find corp/friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sounds like waiting for a new content patch to be released in WoW