Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Wait.. what was the 'BUT' with NES, SNES? SNES = <3
    Ooh I got this.

NES brought console gaming to a revolutionary level, but you had to blow into the cartridges to get them to play.
    SNES cemented Nintendo as a household name, but it didn't have it's own game by cable streaming service*

*which, I might add, was the forefront for the high speed cable internet service many of us enjoy.
    Last edited by sinisterwyvern; 2011-05-17 at 03:03 AM.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Ah, blowing into the cartridges, I did that into the N64 days, good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a but with every console, with every thing.

PS3 - BUT there goes your credit card info.
    360 - BUT there goes your console to red ring of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    360 - BUT there goes your console to red ring of death.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Next gen cartridge. Insert mini harddrive to play game!
    Oh hell yeah, considering a flash drive is upwards of 64gb these days there is absolutely no reason a cartridge can't hold as much/more data and still load faster than a disk.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Cutting edge new console with amazing features. BUT. Crappy release games

The but will be...
    But we are going to continue to support the Wii so we can make real games for the "Stream".

Nobody said it had to be a Negative but.

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Cutting edge new console with amazing features. BUT. Crappy release games
    You know, that does seem to happen quite often, still nothing I want for the 3DS is out, yet. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Next gen cartridge. Insert mini harddrive to play game!
    Might actually justify the increase in game cost from 50 to 60 bucks that happened this generation, because it certainly wasn't the quality of games increasing. lul

You actually *go out of your way* to play fps games with a piece of shit controller that offers far less precision and dexterity than a keyboard and mouse? Sorry, you're the outlier here.

PS: Outselling the 360 and PS3 actually does, whether you like it or not, make it far more successful than either of them.
    For games where precision aiming is paramount to gameplay ill use a mouse and a keyboard. But for people who having been playing console FPS's long enough they can use it to the same ability as a mouse and keyboard. Besides one thing a mouse and keyboard do not offer that a controller does? Superior movement controls, Pressure sensitive triggers. Movement on controllers is 150% smoother than movement on a pc because of those facts. With keys on a keyboard you either press it or you dont, there is no in between, with a analog stick you can slowly creep forward or full out run depending on how far you push the stick in.

And what DOES make a good gaming console?
    360 or PS3 are just crippled PCs that can only be used for gaming and the gaming experience is at best the same to that of a PC... everybody who owns a half way modern PC (and virtually everybody does that) doesnt need a 360 oder PS3!
    A WII on the other hand is unique because of the controlls and the "philosophy" behind the games that are made for it
    Thing i enjoy about playing xbox games over pc is the fact that i dont have to worry about lag, i dont have to worry about some program interfering with my gaming, and i enjoy the controller more, i still buy games for both all the time. Also the online support for xbox has pretty much been far better than anygame iv played on pc, the only thing that comes close is Steam but thats still a bit off. [EA online is a fucking joke.] And i dont care about this unique philosophy behind games because iv tried it, yes its different but its not fun, i dont enjoy it, it makes games clunkier and most of the time Devs spend more time trying to get the game to work in "NEW" ways with the wiimote that gameplay suffers drastically.

Second, if you play PC FPS with a controller you're a retard. The entire purpose of playing FPS's on PC is because Mouse aiming >>>>>>>> Control stick aiming.
    Again see what i said on my first quote, Movement is better on controller, aiming is better on mouse. Only game ill never play a controller with is CS but thats because aiming is 99.5% of the game. Play with a controller on FPS's for 8+ years and you learn how to aim almost as good as with a mouse.

Spend a few minutes listening to xbox live kiddies, and you'll be glad to be part of nintendo's target audience.
    What and have no online worth mentioning? Yeh sorry singleplayer is soo 10 years ago, only so many times you can play a single player game [with a few exceptions]
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2011-05-17 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I hope you know that Wii has outsold 360+PS3 combined.

I think they're doing fine.
    In number of units, definitely, but not by profits.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

They're still doing fine. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    For games where precision aiming is paramount to gameplay ill use a mouse and a keyboard. But for people who having been playing console FPS's long enough they can use it to the same ability as a mouse and keyboard. Besides one thing a mouse and keyboard do not offer that a controller does? Superior movement controls, Pressure sensitive triggers. Movement on controllers is 150% smoother than movement on a pc because of those facts. With keys on a keyboard you either press it or you dont, there is no in between, with a analog stick you can slowly creep forward or full out run depending on how far you push the stick in.
    Just because you say it's 150% smoother doesn't make it a fact....You know you can do the same thing with a keyboard right? modifiers? Shift w=80%, alt w=60% etc. or anything in between, I guarantee you a skilled pc fps'er will go match after match unkilled against a console player. Makes me yearn for when all the consoles will be able to play against pc players.

Thing i enjoy about playing xbox games over pc is the fact that i dont have to worry about lag, i dont have to worry about some program interfering with my gaming, and i enjoy the controller more, i still buy games for both all the time. Also the online support for xbox has pretty much been far better than anygame iv played on pc, the only thing that comes close is Steam but thats still a bit off. [EA online is a fucking joke.] And i dont care about this unique philosophy behind games because iv tried it, yes its different but its not fun, i dont enjoy it, it makes games clunkier and most of the time Devs spend more time trying to get the game to work in "NEW" ways with the wiimote that gameplay suffers drastically.
    Upgrade your computer and or internet speed/quality. Quality games with quality servers don't lag for me, ever. And why would 'some program' interfere with your gaming? l2setupyourcomputer imo.

Been playing fps games since wolfenstein (the original) sadly probably before most of you were born, I can tell you from experience (I think I've owned every console except colecovision, yes I'm old) you can do everything on a keyboard/mouse that you can do on a console controller and 100 times more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    (I think I've owned every console except colecovision, yes I'm old)
    I had this bad boy. Zaxxon was the fucking business.

Honestly tired of people saying this shit, so what it outsold the others, that doesn't make it a GOOD gaming console, just means ALOT of parrents bought it for their kids cus of the general PG rating and the fact it was the cheapest of all 3. The controls were gimmicky and the graphics were terrible for this day in age. The only games i honestly played on mine were ones that could be played with the cube controller, IE smash bros and Mario Kart. Iv owned every Nintendo system made so far even going back to the virtual boy and iv honestly only bought 2 games for the wii because of what has happened to it.

Nintendo is gona try and integrate this touchscreen shit into their new console and will result in even more gimicks than the current controllers. Nothing was wrong with xbox and ps3 type of controllers and thats what makes the lure of consoles great. I honestly play almost every fps on pc with a xbox controller if i can.

So yeh they are gona try and put this cool shit into their system but it will all be more of a hassle than its worth.
    Nintendo is a company, outselling both of the competition COMBINED is possibly the best thing they could have asked for.
    You call it a Gimmick, but it forced Sony and Microsoft to attempt to copy it.
    Nintendo doesnt call it a Gimmick, they call it their best idea ever.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-05-17 at 04:25 AM.

Honestly tired of people saying this shit, so what it outsold the others, that doesn't make it a GOOD gaming console, just means ALOT of parrents bought it for their kids cus of the general PG rating and the fact it was the cheapest of all 3. The controls were gimmicky and the graphics were terrible for this day in age. The only games i honestly played on mine were ones that could be played with the cube controller, IE smash bros and Mario Kart. Iv owned every Nintendo system made so far even going back to the virtual boy and iv honestly only bought 2 games for the wii because of what has happened to it.

Nintendo is gona try and integrate this touchscreen shit into their new console and will result in even more gimicks than the current controllers. Nothing was wrong with xbox and ps3 type of controllers and thats what makes the lure of consoles great. I honestly play almost every fps on pc with a xbox controller if i can.

So yeh they are gona try and put this cool shit into their system but it will all be more of a hassle than its worth.
    First and foremost... umad?

On to my real point. The Wii is by far the greatest console ever made to this date. So what if it didn't have great graphics? That was never Nintendos forte, and what they did manage to do with it payed the hell off. To prove this to the utmost point, what was the most recent addition to both the PS3 and Xbox? Motion control. Who had that 3 YEARS before them? Wii.

Nintendo absolutely nailed this console war. They strayed away from going for great graphics which still aren't realistic enough to bother with and instead focused on something completely new and unheard of.

So to you Mr. Xbox360 fan boy, I say good day.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iv owned every Nintendo system made so far even going back to the virtual boy
    we do not speak of the abomination!!!!!!!!!!!
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I hope you know that Wii has outsold 360+PS3 combined.

I think they're doing fine.
    yet wii game sales are well... bad, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Nintendo is a company, outselling both of the competition COMBINED is possibly the best thing they could have asked for.
    You call it a Gimmick, but it forced Sony and Microsoft to attempt to copy it.
    Nintendo doesnt call it a Gimmick, they call it their best idea ever.
    Wasn't it Sony who said that Wii's "gimmick" wouldn't work when it was first released (or something to that extent)? Lookie here now, they make Move.

Fanboy wars lol. Things to note. Video Games would not be where the are today if it wasn't for Nintendo. Nintendo been around the longest and still moving forward. Nintendo will be responsible for future revolutions, where other consoles keep the status quo. Graphics are really a small factor in games, most of the best games ever made are in 8 bit good old NES days. Single Player is not dead, alive and well.

I would really be surprised if Sony made it the next generation...its been on its deathbed for a while now. As for third party, Nintendo has already gone on record saying they are going to focus on bringing them into the fold early on to have a strong generation this go around.

Edit** Hate on Nintendo all you want, History speaks for itself, look up sales all time, and count em up how many Nintendo gens are in top 10. Words are cheap, Money talks.
    Last edited by LegendsnDreamz; 2011-05-17 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Fanboy wars lol. Things to note. Video Games would not be where the are today if it wasn't for Nintendo. Nintendo been around the longest and still moving forward. Nintendo will be responsible for future revolutions, where other consoles keep the status quo. Graphics are really a small factor in games, most of the best games ever made are in 8 bit good old NES days. Single Player is not dead, alive and well.

I would really be surprised if Sony made it the next generation...its been on its deathbed for a while now. As for third party, Nintendo has already gone on record saying they are going to focus on bringing them into the fold early on to have a strong generation this go around.
    This, 100%.