10+ Year Old Account

Question BiS Pre raiding list for Holy

I've been searching these forums for such a list, and I can't seem to find any. The only thing I found was a BiS raiders list.

I want to get my holy priest ready for some raiding.

I'd really like to have a list I can refer to, so when I enter an instance I know what I need from this and that.
    Last edited by Thundertom; 2011-05-17 at 08:43 AM.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Or you can simply make your own:
    wowhead->armor->slot->346 spirit + HST else spirit + MST -> write down in notepad

Deleted
    By Pre-raid are you including or excluding heroics and the new ZA/ZG incarnations? If you mean pre-raid as in all drops outside of raid content, then the following items are technically BiS at this point for at least healing throughput:

• Maindhand: Amani Scepter of Rites
      Enchant: Power Torrent
      Drops: Daakara - Zul'Aman

• Off Hand: Lost Bag of Whammies
      Enchant: +40 Intellect (Enchant Offhand: Superior Intellect
      Reforce: 50 Crit ⇒ 50 Mastery
      Drops: The Edge of Madnesss - Zul'Gurub

• Ranged: Wand of Untainted Power
      Reforge: 25 Haste ⇒ 25 Mastery
      Drops: Forgemaster Throngus - Grim Batol (Heroic)

• Head: The Hexxer's Mask
      Enchant: +60 Intellect and 35 Critical Strike rating (Arcanum of Hyjal)
      Reforge: 79 Haste ⇒ 79 Mastery
      Drops: Jin'do the Godbreaker - Zul'Gurub
      Gems: Ember Shadowsprint Diamond + Brilliant Inferno Ruby

• Neck: Lightning Flash Pendant / Yellow Smoke Pendant
      Reforge: 50 Crit ⇒ 50 Spirit
      Drops: Faction Wildhammer/ Dragonmaw Clan (Exalted)

• Shoulder: Claw-Fringe Mantle
      Enchant: +50 Intellect and +25 Haste Rating (Greater Inscription of Charged Loadstone)
      Reforge: 65 Crit ⇒ 65 Mastery
      Drops: High Priestess Kilnara - Zul' Gurub
      Gems: Brilliant Inferno Ruby

• Back: Spiritcaller Cloak
      Enchant: +50 Intellect (Greater Intelect)
      Reforge: 54 Crit ⇒ 54 Mastery
      Drops: Zone drop[/b]: Zul'Gurub

• Chest: Hexing Robes
      Enchant: +20 all stats (Peerless Stats)
      Drops: Dakka - Zul'Aman
      Gems: Brilliant Inferno Ruby + Purified Demonseye

• Wrist: Wristwraps of Departed Spirits
      Enchant: +50 Spirit
      Reforge: 44 Mastery ⇒ 44 Haste
      Drops: Halazzi - Zul'Aman

• Hands: Flamebloom Gloves
      Enchant: +65 Mastery (Greater Mastery)
      Reforge: 59 Haste ⇒ 59 Spirit
      Drops: Faction - The Earthen Ring (Exalted)
      Gems: Purified Demonsye

• Waist: Cord of the Raven Queen
      Drops: Guardians of Hyjal (Exalted)
      Gems: Purified Demonseye + Brilliant Inferno Ruby

• Legs: Flame-Ascended Pantaloons
      Enchant: +95 Intellect and +55 Spirit (Powerful Ghostly Spellthread)
      Reforge: 74 Crit ⇒ 74 Spirit
      Drops: Crafted
      Gems: Reckless Ember Topaz

• Feet: Boots of the Ursine
      Enchant: +35 mastery & minor run speed (Lavawalker)
      Reforge: 55 Crit ⇒ 55 Spirit
      Drops: Nalorakk - Zul'Aman
      Gems: Reckless Ember Topaz

• Ring: Soul Drain Signet
      Drops: Hex Lord Malacrass - Zul'Aman

• Ring: Signet of Venoxis
      Reforge: 48 Haste ⇒ 48 Spirit
      Drops: High Priest Venoxis - Zul'Gurub

• Trinket: Darkmoon Card[/b]: Tsunami
      Drops: Tusnami deck hand in

• Trinket: Mandala of Stirring Patterns
      Drops: Faction - Baradin's Wardens / Hellscream's Reach (Exalted)

Hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    That is awesome. <print screen>

Thank you!
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    If you want a better list, do tell. The above list is quite general and doesn't take into account any special profession perks or racial bonuses. Letting me know if you're taking tailoring, for example, affects the enchant done to your cloak, blacksmithing gives us two 40-int gem sockets, JCing gives us epic gems, etc.

Deleted
    why do you reforge haste to mastery and mastery back to haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tailor and enchanter, but I'm still leveling enchanting.

I'll worry about reforging later on.

Also @Wablakin ; Forgot about the wowhead filter thing. Also, having a BiS slot list for quick reference wandering around in the priest forums is never a bad thing is it?

Came up with this filter.

Cheers guys!
    Last edited by Thundertom; 2011-05-17 at 10:56 AM.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    why do you reforge haste to mastery and mastery back to haste?
    The build above is built around a soft-cap of haste; i.e. enough haste to get an extra tick out of renew, but not more than that. The reforges of haste & mastery to each other are different amounts to get as close to the extra tick without being horrifically above it and not a single percent below it. That particular point is 12.5%; to get an extra tick out of renew after that requires 37.5% haste which results in a silly build (as you can get about 20% haste with the best pre-raid build I can think of)

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I'm a tailor and enchanter, but I'm still leveling enchanting.
    Assuming you get both to max, the enchants change slightly:

Cloak Enchant: Lightweave Embroidery
    Both rings: +40 Int each

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your help and effort. I'll get on it! :-)
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyashley View Post
    The build above is built around a soft-cap of haste; i.e. enough haste to get an extra tick out of renew, but not more than that. The reforges of haste & mastery to each other are different amounts to get as close to the extra tick without being horrifically above it and not a single percent below it. That particular point is 12.5%; to get an extra tick out of renew after that requires 37.5% haste which results in a silly build (as you can get about 20% haste with the best pre-raid build I can think of)
    1. There is NO soft-cap for haste, stop spreading this forsaken lie. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post11050034)
    2. HST doesn't work like that, neither does MST. 12.6% HST is better than 12.5% HST making it meaniningless to stop at 12.5%. Read #1.

HST > MST all the way. (10man HC).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    1. There is NO soft-cap for haste, stop spreading this forsaken lie. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post11050034)
    2. HST doesn't work like that, neither does MST. 12.6% HST is better than 12.5% HST making it meaniningless to stop at 12.5%. Read #1.

HST > MST all the way. (10man HC).
    Sure, fine, I'll quote up a build for not stopping explicitly getting haste after about 12.5%. You'll have about 21% haste, but this'll be at the cost of Int, spellpower and mastery. You'll thus have fast but-not-quite-as-powerful heals, and your echo of light will be a fair amount more pants. In 25m content you'll notice your healing output to be less of than than someone who stopped just past 12.5%.

Deleted
    Sure, fine, I'll quote up a build for not stopping explicitly getting haste after about 12.5%. You'll have about 21% haste, but this'll be at the cost of Int, spellpower and mastery. You'll thus have fast but-not-quite-as-powerful heals, and your echo of light will be a fair amount more pants. In 25m content you'll notice your healing output to be less of than than someone who stopped just past 12.5%.
    The OP has not stated any of this information thus you cannot draw the conclusions you did. If you lose int when not stopping at 12.5% HST you are doing something seriously wrong.

Deleted
    The OP has not stated any of this information thus you cannot draw the conclusions you did. If you lose int when not stopping at 12.5% HST you are doing something seriously wrong.
    The OP wanted a holy gear list to get into raiding. He didn't state either way if he was going to start with 10m or 25m content, so if you're going to call me on this then I'll just call you back on it.

The OPs post is also devoid of what role he'll partake in healing. If he's just tank healing then we can load into haste since he'll be caring about one or two targets at most. If he's group healing then the extra mastery for EoL will be worth it more since a single PoH/CoH will tick more on those affected for no mana cost with more mastery.

My assumption is what would be logical, that a raid leader would not put someone who is new to healing as priest in cata raids on keeping the tanks alive. If the OP wants to clarify that further then the gear can be altered to suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Guys no need for this. I just wanted a list to get started. I've read all about haste and stuff on these forums. From what I'm reading there is no absolute right or wrong. Cookies and cake for all of you.

Thanks!
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    The OP wanted a holy gear list to get into raiding. He didn't state either way if he was going to start with 10m or 25m content, so if you're going to call me on this then I'll just call you back on it.
    Then give him a general item set, don't start off by spreading the "haste soft-cap" lie and pushing MST. 12.5% HST raid buffed is NOT a good balance between HST and MST for a new healer and does not enable him to fill both roles (well it does but being more or less effective doesn't hurt).

The OPs post is also devoid of what role he'll partake in healing. If he's just tank healing then we can load into haste since he'll be caring about one or two targets at most. If he's group healing then the extra mastery for EoL will be worth it more since a single PoH/CoH will tick more on those affected for no mana cost with more mastery.
    It's lacking information about raid size and role hence we should assume either the most probable or a general one. The most probably role is raid healing but size is unknown. In 10man HST is good due to the low numbers of healers (2-3) meaning being able to hit both groups with PoH before the next dmg spike (Chimaeron feud, Maloriak red phase etc) is more important than having a slightly bigger EoL tick, MST gives you higher HPM but HST gives higher HPS and sometimes you don't have time to wait for ticks but need direct healing. HST also allows for faster reactionary healing and lessens the margin of error due to inexperience by allowing him to heal faster.

My assumption is what would be logical, that a raid leader would not put someone who is new to healing as priest in cata raids on keeping the tanks alive. If the OP wants to clarify that further then the gear can be altered to suit.
    Agreed. I'd never put a holy priest new to healing on tank duty, but that doesn't really rule out the possibility. Maybe the OP can shed some light on the size and role of the matter.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 02:38 PM ----------

Eh. Guys no need for this. I just wanted a list to get started. I've read all about haste and stuff on these forums. From what I'm reading there is no absolute right or wrong. Cookies and cake for all of you.

Thanks!
    You can start by providing information on size and role. And that's not correct, 12.5% HST raid buffed is never correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow.

Ok, I wasn't expecting this heated debate. I was merely asking for some kind of list which gives me something to aim for. No more no less. I have absolutely no idea what raid role I will be in, since my priest is an alt which may fill in for absent raiders during the summer slack period. Raid sizes vary. If we have enough people signing it's 25. Else we split to 2x10 or even 1x10.

I was under the assumption these were the correct forums to do so, but I should have been more clear maybe. I apologize.

A list is nice, because you can see in a second wheather something nice may drop for you or not.

Anyway, could we please leave it here, it wasn't my intention to debate.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    In 10man HST is good due to the low numbers of healers (2-3) meaning being able to hit both groups with PoH before the next dmg spike (Chimaeron feud, Maloriak red phase etc)
    Hmm. We know that Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100)). For the spec I gave above, the haste is 12.89%, so for any spell the casting time = base / 1.1289

For the haste spec, the number comes out to 20.82%, so for any spell with that spec the cast time = base / 1.2082.

PoH is a base-cast of 2.5s, so under the first spec the cast time is 2.21s; under the haste build it'll be 2.07s -- a difference of 140ms.

However, since the mastery of the first build is 17.15 and the second build is only 11.87, the first build will continue to tick for an extra 5.28% after the PoH, so targets under the first build might get healed 140ms later but at the end of 6 seconds since the cast they'll have 5.28% more health than the second build.

I'll agree, stacking one or the other is a situational thing, but I still disagree that haste > mastery for all values of haste.
    Last edited by mmocb9f734426d; 2011-05-17 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I can spell good!

Deleted
    Oh wow.

Ok, I wasn't expecting this heated debate. I was merely asking for some kind of list which gives me something to aim for. No more no less. I have absolutely no idea what raid role I will be in, since my priest is an alt which may fill in for absent raiders during the summer slack period. Raid sizes vary. If we have enough people signing it's 25. Else we split to 2x10 or even 1x10.

I was under the assumption these were the correct forums to do so, but I should have been more clear maybe. I apologize.

A list is nice, because you can see in a second wheather something nice may drop for you or not.

Anyway, could we please leave it here, it wasn't my intention to debate.
    That's no problem. I like debating, or trying to atleast. In your case I'd get a healthy amount of both MST and HST due to both mixed size and roles to be able to be more or less efficient at it. Try to get a healthy amount of spirit 2.2-2.5k which allows you for awesome combat regen once you get 4t11. Pushing 17k HPS during Chim10 HC feud phase is awesome, esp. when you don't oom

PS. Get yourself a DMC:Tsunami

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 04:02 PM ----------

Hmm. We know that Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100)). For the spec I gave above, the haste is 12.89%, so for any spell the casting time = base / 1.1289

For the haste spec, the number comes out to 20.82%, so for any spell with that spec the cast time = base / 1.2082.

PoH is a base-cast of 2.5s, so under the first spec the cast time is 2.21s; under the haste build it'll be 2.07s -- a difference of 140ms.

However, since the mastery of the first build is 17.15 and the second build is only 11.87, the first build will continue to tick for an extra 5.28% after the PoH, so targets under the first build might get healed 140ms later but at the end of 6 seconds since the cast they'll have 5.28% more health than the second build.

I'll agree, stacking one or the other is a situational thing, but I still disagree that haste > mastery for all values of haste.
    I SUCK AT MATHS AND THESE NUMBERS ARE USELESS IN A REAL SCENARIO

Checking my last Chimaeron fight my PoH hit for average 9200*5 (ignoring crits and glyph of PoH).
    That means that over the course of 5min I'd use

(5*60)/2.07=145 PoHs while your MST build would cast
    (5*60)/2.21=136 PoHs. That means on my PoH would total
    9200*5*145=6.67m while yours would do
    9200*5*136=6.25m.

This is without the MST bonus.
    Let's add the extra 5.28% healing 6.25*1.0528 = 6.58m.

Total numbers are without Glyph of PoH and crits
    HST build: 6.67m
    MST build: 6.58m

HST build would benefit more from Glyph of PoH since higher MST doesn't affect the HoT AFAIK.