Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanbreezer View Post
    If you do Grim batol Heroic. The little hallway before your reacht the final boss, There is an gate. Behind that gate you can see some "Servant of Deathwing" wondering around.

He is looking us fight, so he knows where to hide
    I always thought it was cool how BWL and MC were joined to normal 5/10 man instances (15 really for brs), it would be pretty sweet if they brought that to GB, would make such a shit instance a little bit better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    TEMPEST KEEP WAS MERELY A SETBACK!

More to topic, thought you can't kill an aspect?
    We killed malygos...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do Grim batol Heroic. The little hallway before your reacht the final boss, There is an gate. Behind that gate you can see some "Servant of Deathwing" wondering around.

I always wondered about that little tunnel, that actually sounds like blizz had some thoughts in advance about something :O

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    Is it wrong that I would like to see some sort of a Titan intervention? Perhaps some sort of Sargeras cameo? I haven't quite worked out why he'd show up...but it would be pretty cool.
    Sargeras is not going to show up because we are fighting Deathwing, in fact, he'll probably be happy he's gone because his Dragon Soul had a large part in driving back the demons during the War of Ancients. Sargeras will be the antagonist of another (and perhaps the final) WoW expansion. If Titans ever appear in WoW, it will be during that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    I don't think Blizz would be able to just throw all of the main lore characters at Deathwing though since he's not even close to being the most evil, corrupt thing in Azeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Guys, he just nearly destroyed the planet, he isnt that evil.
    Not to mention he planned/plans on enslaving the other dragon flights and killing all mortals so that he could/can rule Azeroth as its Emperor. And lest we not forget he still plans on making Alexstrasza and Ysera his consorts with which to breed, since there are no viable female black dragons left. But nah, he's not that evil.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-05-17 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted

Hm that's a very good point I always wondered about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    Horatio's gonna come in and kill Dwing for us 'cause it turns out Dwing killed Sinestra and the two of them are Horatio's parents
    It looks like this was a special murder, they were...keeping it in the family.

Guys, he just nearly destroyed the planet, he isnt that evil.
    Hi. My name is reading. We haven't met.

I didn't say he isn't evil. However, he's not as bad as it gets.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind! Then we will lock him in the stockades and he will be soloed by lvl 30 hairloom heroes!
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

That idea is actually much cooler than getting the strongest paladin in the world frozen in an ice block.
    Actually that idea sounds kind of boring and not deathwing-y at all.

At the Barrens. How DARE he split one of my favorite leveling zones ?!

Deleted
    Ehm, since I've already killed him in Badlands, you'll probably be facing him where I put him... ON THE MOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I always wondered about that little tunnel, that actually sounds like blizz had some thoughts in advance about something :O
    They think ahead plenty, some just don't notice it.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

I thought it would be cool to fight him in an instanced azeroth. Like fight him in one area that he's destroying, force him some where else in the world (a lore npc would port you around), keep repeating until maybe 10-25% when we would be ported to the final area at the maelstrom. When you finally kill him, he would fall back into deepholm restoring the world to pre-shattering (not the loss of the new areas, looks, etc. just a stop to the excessive volcanic activity/earthquakes). But I'm pretty sure I read Grim Batol somewhere officially.

Deleted
    I hope they will stick with Grim Batol,
    would be cool to have to go through a large part of a dungeon to go to a raid (as long as walking back after dieing in raid wont be annoying)

Deleted
    Blackrock mountain just cus of setbacks!

Deathwing: Why so much hating? Blackrock mountains sounds so awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyorii View Post
    Deathwing won't be the final boss of this expansion, it will be an old god. Much how Halion was the last boss of LK and not..... LK lol.

So the question im more curious about (especially since it wasn't announced yet) is where will we fight this old god, and who will it be?
    N'Zath. Try to keep up. :-)

I think Batol as well, especially with that instance portal in there.

However such a portal leads me to some speculation.

Does that mean there will be an attunement? Attunements in classic Wow were as much mechanical is they were for lore. Since the raid was 40 people you couldn't all 40 thriough a 5-man instance to get there, even in separate parties it creates separate raid ID's...so the attuenement system allows the entire raid to enter the instance together.

Anyone else have thoughts on that?
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Deleted
    In Deepholme....prolly an aspect will die on his own plane same as Ragnaros in Firelands,,,,,didnt we kill Malygos in his realm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matooth View Post
    Northeron - the land that Lord Prestor claimed he was from.

The area is just north of Stratholme and has been closed to flying mounts since the beginning of Cataclysm
    this would be awsome, a perfect area which we cannot get to yet and proably won't be able to even after they let you fly in ghostlands.
    either that or an instanced grim batol ( ie outside the entrance i mean seriously how did he get in??? he can't be inside he is just to huge and if he shape changed to human wouldn't the plates holding his body together fall off?)
    o and it will be definately involve the only person ever able to damadge his armour since he will be needed to provide a 'head/heart/chest phase where you can actualy do damadge to deathwing.
    also i fully expect the legendary to be a 'reforged demon soul' which means you have to collect fragments from his servants and leutenents.
    or..... and legendary tank sheild which is one of his old chest plates.

The aspect of magic is dead (malygos), so what exactly you mean by electing one? I didnt know it worked by democracy.
    At the moment, two Blue Dragons are vying for the title of "Aspect of Magic": Arygos, Malygos' direct descendant, whose beliefs mirror his father's: mortals are reckless with magic and do not deserve the power, he also believes the Blue Dragons should leave the world of Azeroth and forge their own path; and Kalecgos, who believes the exact opposite, that Azeroth needs them now more than ever, and that instead of denouncing mortals use of magic, they should embrace and assist them.

The quest line of the new Legendary, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest involves the player directly in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    N'Zath. Try to keep up. :-)
    It is N'Zoth, N'Zath is a typo that somehow has got a fairly strong backing. Try to keep up. =)

Also: http://www.wowpedia.org/N%27Zoth

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigbull View Post
    In Deepholme....prolly an aspect will die on his own plane same as Ragnaros in Firelands,,,,,didnt we kill Malygos in his realm?
    Deepholm is certainly not the realm of Deathwing... Deepholm is part of the Elemental Plane, which is in no way part of Azeroth. Deathwing's "realm" is technically all of Azeroth, has he was put in charge of the Earth and its "deep places". Grim Batol makes sense because it was dug very deep into the Earth by the Wildhammer Dwarves, and even further down by the Dragonmaw Orcs and then the forces of Sinestra/Deathwing. Blackrock Mountain also makes sense, but that is more Nefarion's territory than Deathwing's.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    an instanced grim batol ( ie outside the entrance i mean seriously how did he get in??? he can't be inside he is just to huge and if he shape changed to human wouldn't the plates holding his body together fall off?)
    No, the plates would not fall off lol, that isn’t how shapeshifting in WoW works. If it was, how does Alexstrasza’s bikini not rip when she turns into her dragon form?! Not to mention, Deathwing shape shifts several time in post-Cataclysm quests.
    o and it will be definately involve the only person ever able to damadge his armour since he will be needed to provide a 'head/heart/chest phase where you can actualy do damadge to deathwing.
    …What is this I don’t even? Deathwing is not Sargeras, unless I’m completely missing something, nothing has ever been said about Deathwing's armor being impenetrable. It is made out of Elementium, which is certainly not impenetrable on its own...
    also i fully expect the legendary to be a 'reforged demon soul' which means you have to collect fragments from his servants and leutenents. or..... and legendary tank sheild which is one of his old chest plates.
    The Demon Soul was destroyed in Night of the Dragon. As for the shield, I support that idea, but there’s nothing that says it has to be strictly for tanks (although healers did just get Val'anyr so...).

Personally i think grim batol is already used up, there isnt much to be done there anymore. Unless you add some deeper underground levels.
    If Night of the Dragon is to be believed, the tunnels dug under Grim Batol by Sinestra's forces stretch for unfathomable distances; it is even hinted in the book that Deathwing was hiding in the lowest recesses (which we found out was false with Cataclysm, as he had been recuperating in Deepholm.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-05-17 at 03:34 PM.