Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mike was incredible in this episode. Isn't there some sort of award for support actors in series? If he is How is Walt not doing this for his family? Literally everything illegal he does, is for his family. Yeah the motivation is his lust to "break bad" but ultimately the only reason he got into the Meth game was to provide for his family once he's gone. I'm still predicting Skylar screwing Walt and the whole operation over. She just has that vibe that she's not 100% in with this shit. I'll never trust her after she fucked Ted. Can't wait to see more development of Mike in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Mike was incredible in this episode. Isn't there some sort of award for support actors in series?
    there is, and I think AMC even bragged about the awards during one of the commercials last night, something like most awards for a non-pay channel. (yeah, no way they're competing against HBO, heh)

oh, and jesse's performance was AMAZING when he was freaking out about the cigarette. i seriously stopped and thought he's already earned enough for an award this season. from that episode.

Literally everything illegal he does, is for his family. Yeah the motivation is his lust to "break bad" but ultimately the only reason he got into the Meth game was to provide for his family once he's gone.
    if that were true, he would have gotten out of the game long ago, when he'd met his 'goal' instead, he fell down the slippery slope of wanting more and more. Even now, with him 'in debt', it would be easy enough for most people to say "My wife has a business, and friends and family to look after her, I don't have to manufacture, smuggle, and sell drugs as well as murder countless people anymore."

If you think Walt is in this for his family, you're missing the entire point of the show, imo. Mike showed what a guy who's 'in it for his family' is like. Walt isn't.

She just has that vibe that she's not 100% in with this shit.
    she has a conscience and can still distinguish between right and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    where can I watch season 5 episode 2?

I missed it last night because of fucking work

I NEED TO SEE IT GODDAMMIT WHERE???

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 11:38 AM ----------

(legally)

10 chars

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 12:41 PM ----------

nevermind watched it.

i wish mike capped that bitch

he would have been alot safer....

opening scene:

OMFG im going to cum

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    xxx
    I don't think it's fair to say I'm missing the whole point of the show just because I think that. It's a valid reason and I don't think you really read what I wrote. Walt is definitely in it for his family to a degree. To say he isn't is fairly stubborn. The motivation for this however, is for sure to do with the illegal element of all his work. If you remember while they were separated, it was Skylar who kicked him out. Walt is all about his family, he clearly loves his wife still and the two kids. I don't really want to get all technical but if you remember, Walt didn't really have a chance to "get out of the game long ago". He wasn't allowed to just walk away from the entire operation when he got involved with Gus.

We have to expect the car wash really doesn't generate much revenue either. The previous owner was working hard at it but it's not safe to assume anything when there hasn't been much background about it. So yeah, he could have just quit and walked away at the end of S4 but that woulden't make for a very exciting show. He clearly wants to make money and stay in this line of work. How many people has Walt actually murdered? He's not a ruthless asshole who is all about drug/blood money. He's simply motivated by the whole drug game to make money to provide for his family. As you can remember, he never spends money on luxury stuff. The previous goal was to have them be well off after he died of cancer but obviously where we are now, he has a different goal. Maybe it's money driven but we all know that money will be filtered through the car wash.....for...his..family.

It's also not safe to say Mike is "in it for his family" either. All we know is he has a grand daughter. Seriously, that's all we know about his family. We don't know about his son/daughter who is the childs mother/father. We also don't know a whole lot about his past. Clearly, he enjoyed working for Gus as they had a pretty good thing going. If he was family first oriented, he would have capped that chick. Instead he's now getting back into manufacturing drugs with Walt/Jesse. This season is going to be very interesting to see how they progress there and if Hank can interfere and figure out about the meth.

I love Breaking Bad, totally worth it. I actually know Giancarlo Esposito (Gustavo Fring on the show) personally. He's a really great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    It's also not safe to say Mike is "in it for his family" either. All we know is he has a grand daughter.
    Who he literally killed for to ensure she had two million dollars that he did NOT touch.

Yeah, he completely and totally hates that kid.

Just because Walt 'loves' his family, and 'loves' donuts, doesn't mean he's eating donuts cuz he loves his family.

He's not a ruthless asshole who is all about drug/blood money.
    Are you even watching the same show I am ?

He is.

There is NO price you could on Mike's family that would get him to sacrifice them. Walt has a price for everything and everyone.

Its very possible Skyler may not live to see the end of this series.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What show am I watching? Are you kidding me, write down all the people Walt has killed that WEREN'T causing immediate danger to him. When did I say Mike hates his kid either? Seriously, read my post again. When has Walt ever wronged his family? Name some specific situations where he has actually caused harm to Skylar, Walter Jr, the baby, Hank, or Hank's wife. You also keep talking about Mike's family, again are YOU watching the same show I am? We haven't heard anything about Mike's personal life other than he loves his grand daughter. That's it. I'm not saying you're completely wrong because we're on the second episode of a huge season. You or I cannot pretend we know what's going to happen with anyone in the show, opinions are opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I might give Breaking Bad a chance. When I saw a part of some random episode on the TV ages ago I decided that I thought it looked boring. Perhaps I should give it a shot.

Considering the main character is the Malcom in the middle dad (?), does that mean he might be funny, or does he always seem a bit.. down.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely different character swing. He's plays a pretty serious role and isn't whacky like Hal was. Amazing actor and character though, you'll like him if you like good T.V. shows.

The last episode was amazing. Probably my favourite of the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Think I might give Breaking Bad a chance. When I saw a part of some random episode on the TV ages ago I decided that I thought it looked boring. Perhaps I should give it a shot.

Considering the main character is the Malcom in the middle dad (?), does that mean he might be funny, or does he always seem a bit.. down.
    I thought that too when I first heard about the show, watched the first episode or two and didn't really get into it much. Then a friend made me watch the whole first season and now I am hooked, takes a few episodes to get into.

Walts character is nothing like it was in malcom in the middle, I didn't even recognize it has the same person till someone pointed it out to me. Even though walt is a very serious character he does put humor in there form time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

first episode will hook you

15+ Year Old Account
    This season has been so awesome up to now, i can see where some things are clearly heading though, great nonetheless! That guy at the begining of episode 2 i was like, and here's the next douche of the show, then he dies lol

Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up. Awesome.

And I don't even want to guess how much it cost them to use the Scarface clip, but it was worth every penny.

It showed just how ... evil ... he can be when it comes to his wife. I'm just not too certain what to make of the comparison between Tony and Walt is though...

And the new cook scheme... seems weak to me, but at least it got the green flowing...

Jesse's amazing as always... and you just KNEW what was coming when the money started getting divvied up...

Oh, and didn't I see one of the fumigators on a home-construction sitcom recently that I forgot the name of ? The guy that warned about the nannycam, didnt place him at first, but now I'm sure it was him. Cool to see him in a similar role.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally caught up with the last 2 episodes. Fucking amazing series.

Skyler is actually an interesting character now! It took 4 seasons but we got something!

Walt is spiraling. He's caught in such a huge power trip. Manipulating Jesse, his family everyone. It's amazing to watch.

Jesse also looks like he's about to start spiralling too.

And Mike.. wow.. Such an amazing cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notobean View Post
    I agree it was an amazing opening but it was an M60 assault rifle he was buying, not an M4. It doesn't even look anything like an M4 :P
    Except it was an M60 MG not an assault rifle =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Breaking Bad is awesome...
    all the previous seasons were great..
    but this one has got some work to before getting on the previous seasons scores

Quote Originally Posted by kaddor View Post
    Breaking Bad is awesome...
    all the previous seasons were great..
    but this one has got some work to before getting on the previous seasons scores
    Cut it some slack. Keep in mind that this season is going to be 16 episodes and split into 2 halves, so the pacing is going to be a bit different.

Just finished S2. Addicted and in love with it so far.

***********SPOILER BELOW***********

Why did Walt let Jane die?

^ She was getting in the way, and ruining his and Jesse's relationship. She blackmailed him into giving Jesse his money back, which he was gladly going to do once he was off the drugs. She was basically ruining Walt's plans because she was going to run off with Jesse, and Walt needs Jesse. Walt just saw an opportunity. Just let her die, and let the problem go away.