Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone complaining about Walt Jr. needs to remember, for the entire series, he has been blaming Skyler for everything Walt has done wrong. Walt ditches his family for drug business? Skyler's a bitch for yelling at a cancer patient. Walt buys him a brand new Camaro? Skyler the bitch trades it in. Walt has severed the relationship between Hank/Marie and him/Skyler? Skyler's a bitch for not letting Walt Jr see his uncle.

And now he realizes that everything he has blamed his mom for was wrong. It was all Walt. Imagine how used and stupid, not to mention how regretful, he must feel. This is why he sides with Skyler and not Walt; Skyler was and has been defending him the entire time, he was just being manipulated by his father to think differently.

Anyways, I wonder what happens to their house. From the looks of the promo, Jack and co are getting much more intrusive on Walt's family. Why though? They've shown no reason to not trust Walt, so for them to suddenly be monitoring his family means something has them worried. Maybe it's Walt's sudden disappearance?

Also, here's hoping Jesse kills Todd. How sweet that will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hit me that BB is almost at its end, really sad

Going to be very sad to see this show go, but at least it's going to go down as one of the (if not the) best series of all time. Can't wait to see the ending. Bryan Cranston said "it's a true Breaking Bad style ending" so we're really in for something with badass written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    finally an episode with some action. well i guess the hitman finally hit something, they managed to kill Gomie and somehow wound Hank. he went for the shotgun but I knew he was done for. Poor Walt made the wrong call, but I still feel like he shoulda known the van didnt have GPS and woulda been smart enough to check and make sure to rent one that doesnt. Anyway. so Hank dying was a real turning point, but whats up with Walter JR. He just found out his dad is a monster but he suddenly abandons all hope for him? His dad has been nothing but good to him and yes hes acting a bit crazy now but Jr should be still wondering if its true or not. I really dislike him calling the cops on his father, Skyler was the one with the knife and honestly hes never tried to hurt her or the kids. I can see why he lost his temper, but she escalated the situation by pulling out a weapon.

It was really mean of Walt to tell Jesse he watched Jane die, thats just cruel saying that. and also Walt taking the kid was pretty messed up. Im glad he left her in a safe place, and its smart of him to put the blame on himself. The only confusing part is at the end why is he getting in the red minivan supposably with the guy thats giving him a new identity, then you see him talking to Sal in the next episode like he never left. I guess we'll see next week.
    Because him talking to Sal is probably before he gets the hookup. I think he's living a new life and all but then he finds out some shit went down that he cannot turn his back on. Hence the season opener.

This was one of the best episodes of any series ever aired on television. Amazing, brilliant, genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walt's speech to Skylar at the end was great. God I can't wait for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Everyone complaining about Walt Jr. needs to remember, for the entire series, he has been blaming Skyler for everything Walt has done wrong. Walt ditches his family for drug business? Skyler's a bitch for yelling at a cancer patient. Walt buys him a brand new Camaro? Skyler the bitch trades it in. Walt has severed the relationship between Hank/Marie and him/Skyler? Skyler's a bitch for not letting Walt Jr see his uncle.

And now he realizes that everything he has blamed his mom for was wrong. It was all Walt. Imagine how used and stupid, not to mention how regretful, he must feel. This is why he sides with Skyler and not Walt; Skyler was and has been defending him the entire time, he was just being manipulated by his father to think differently.

Anyways, I wonder what happens to their house. From the looks of the promo, Jack and co are getting much more intrusive on Walt's family. Why though? They've shown no reason to not trust Walt, so for them to suddenly be monitoring his family means something has them worried. Maybe it's Walt's sudden disappearance?

Also, here's hoping Jesse kills Todd. How sweet that will be.
    Except that Skylar's still a bitch. When did he ditch his family for drug business? Skylar kicked him out, he's been devoted to his family the entire time, he never flagged. Skylar's still a bitch for making him return the Camero. He didn't keep Walt Jr from seeing his uncle until after Hank found the WW book. Before that the Bitch made him stay at his Uncles for 3 months.

This was not only the best episode of this show, but any other show ever made.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    finally an episode with some action. well i guess the hitman finally hit something, they managed to kill Gomie and somehow wound Hank. he went for the shotgun but I knew he was done for. Poor Walt made the wrong call, but I still feel like he shoulda known the van didnt have GPS and woulda been smart enough to check and make sure to rent one that doesnt. Anyway. so Hank dying was a real turning point, but whats up with Walter JR. He just found out his dad is a monster but he suddenly abandons all hope for him? His dad has been nothing but good to him and yes hes acting a bit crazy now but Jr should be still wondering if its true or not. I really dislike him calling the cops on his father, Skyler was the one with the knife and honestly hes never tried to hurt her or the kids. I can see why he lost his temper, but she escalated the situation by pulling out a weapon.

It was really mean of Walt to tell Jesse he watched Jane die, thats just cruel saying that. and also Walt taking the kid was pretty messed up. Im glad he left her in a safe place, and its smart of him to put the blame on himself. The only confusing part is at the end why is he getting in the red minivan supposably with the guy thats giving him a new identity, then you see him talking to Sal in the next episode like he never left. I guess we'll see next week.
    I can't believe people are all over Skyler and Jr. and still on Walt's side. As Dean Norris said in an interview after the show, Vince Gilligan keeps thinking "Oh, you still like Walt? <twists a few knobs> How about now?" You're not supposed to like Walt.

Jr and Skyler's reactions are perfect, and logical, and I will absolutely refute the idea that Walt was a good father to Jr. He's lied to him for over a year, didn't think much of him before that (it was clear in early seasons that Hank was more of a father figure to Jr than Walt), and used his son's own good intentions with savewalterwhite.com to launder money (which I assume he knows about now?)

I also love how Walt, on the phone with Skyler, basically parrots every criticism of Skyler that fans have had, like how she nags, and whines, etc, in an attempt to realize how fucked up the thinking of the fans has been. I can imagine Vince writing the scene and saying, "So, we'll say everything they ever said about Skyler, and they'll be like, 'yeah, that's right, she is a bitch! She does nag.....wait a minute. Walt is an evil fucking sonofabitch right now. Maybe his opinion isn't one I should be agreeing with.'" Yet, of course, everyone still roots for Walter White. That's the most deranged part of this series, imo. Even Vince Gilligan said he's disgusted by Walt at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just listened to the Insider podcast:

- For the flashback, Bryan Cranston was wearing a custom wig. The scene was designed to look as much like the original season as possible, but was intentionally shot and edited using the techniques they'd cultivated over the course of show, so that it would look different from the way the show looked in the pilot.

- Jesse in the background hitting the rock was the stupidest thing the director could come up for him to do. While shooting Aaron tried doing some lame swashbuckling moves, which the director thought looked "too smart," so he had Aaron dumb down the way he was smashing the rock with the stick.

- In the script, Gomie died on camera. They dropped that and had him already dead when it picked back up.

- They moved Hank's death into 514 to give it more weight. If it had occured at the end of an episode, it might not have had as much impact as it deserved.

- Vince recognizes that some will blame Jesse for Hank's death, and disagrees with them. He says it's like blaming the last guy who struck out for losing a baseball game, and ignoring everything that contributed to the loss. Everything can be traced back to season 1; Walt is the architect and Hank's blood is on his hands.

- Vince had long toyed with the idea of Mike being the one to figure out that Walt was involved with Jane's death, going back to the S2 scene when he comes in as a cleaner to prep Jesse for the police; there was a shot where he notices that the cardboard covering up the broken window had been punched in by someone to unlock the door, so he knew there had been an interloper.

- They also considered the possibility of Jesse figuring it out on his own, but especially after Mike was gone, there was no logical way to do it, so Walt was the only one who could tell him. They had considered Walt telling him out of drunken guilt, out of a sense of moral obligation, as a form of emotional manipulation. They decided for him to do it out of pure meanness and spite, just to twist the knife. This was the perfect moment, Walt's ultimate punishment, because in Walt's mind, Jesse is the reason Hank is dead.

- They delayed the credits into Act 2, because they didn't want them to distract from the drama, and they would have run so long that they wouldn't have fit into the teaser and they would have spanned the entire first act. They had to go through the DGA to get permission to delay them, because there are rules regarding how credits are displayed during shows.

- When Walt's head hits the ground after Hank dies, they have a special effect where the ground actually cracks, as a visual representation of his psyche cracking, and as a visual tie-in to the poem. They built a special rig to do it as a practical effect.

- Aaron Paul hates Todd. He felt sick when he saw the Crystal Blue Persuasion cooking montage and it was Todd instead of Jesse. As an aside, Todd and Jack's actors are named Jesse and Mike, which sometimes caused confusion when the editors were listening to the directors discussing scenes.

- They refer to Walt walking through the desert with his barrel as "the dung beetle scene." And confirmation that those are Walt's original pants from the pilot.

- The scenes in the White house were extremely emotionally draining for the cast members. The fight scene was almost like a break for the actors. When Walt says "I tried to save him!" they originally intended it to be more of his manipulation, but did multiple takes with different emotion, and ultimately chose one where it sounded like his emotional facade was cracking and he just blurted it out.

- Oh, wow. The baby calling for its mom was unscripted. They were huddled around the monitor while shooting the scene and it when the baby started doing it, they were like, "oh my god!"

- Confirmation that Walt's phone call was to prevent Skyler from being implicated. "Cranston just fuckin' nailed it... His face looks like its going to melt into tears, but his voice is like steel."

- "Walt realizes that the best thing he can do for his family is leave."

- Another example of amazing attention to detail. In the the firestation, two of the firemen are playing chess; the white king is just a couple moves away from being checkmated.

Deleted
    walt definitely knew about the police. we'll probably see about it in the beginning of the next episode...somewhat showing him where he wants to return holly, sees the cars and makes the phone call.

i'm so curious of what is going to happen that makes walt coming back with a machine gun. i mean it just doesn't make sense to me: cancer is back and he's about to die, so why get a new id and a new life? just to set up his final blow? i don't know...

also curious what happens to jesse...can't really believe that this is going to be the end for him. i guess he somewhat manages to kill todd...

only 2 episodes left and still so many possibilites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

- Oh, wow. The baby calling for its mom was unscripted. They were huddled around the monitor while shooting the scene and it when the baby started doing it, they were like, "oh my god!"

- Another example of amazing attention to detail. In the the firestation, two of the firemen are playing chess; the white king is just a couple moves away from being checkmated.

awesomedizzle

10+ Year Old Account
    Woooosh that was good.
    Go team Walt!
    I like juice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    i'm so curious of what is going to happen that makes walt coming back with a machine gun. i mean it just doesn't make sense to me: cancer is back and he's about to die, so why get a new id and a new life? just to set up his final blow? i don't know...
    Going to use it on the nazi people i assume, they stole his money, they kept jesse alive instead of killing him like they were supposed to, they killed hank. Yeah it'll be against them.

Deleted

last episodes speculation

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    But does anyone else feel a bit disappointed that Uncle Jack and his gang are seemingly going to be the last "baddies" of the episode and be what the finale is based around? I know they killed Hank but it feels like apart from this season they haven't really been regular characters.
    SPECULATION

There are 2 episodes left, and I think that would be a disappointment too. Yet I dont think thats whats gonna happen. Because Jesse lived, and he and Heisenberg arent friends anymore. He was spared death by the writers for a reason, and while I can think of 2-3 additional endings in which this could be relevant, it seems most reasonable to me that the final battle will be between Jesse and Walt.

The next episode will probably be about Walts return to take back his money, only to find out Jesse has escaped with the money ---- or something which is a little better written, but you can fill in the blanks. The next episode will then probably end with a cliffhanger after the white power guys have been killed by either Walt or Jesse or both, in which the power balance between Walt and Jesse hangs in a fine balance, like if Jesse is burning the money or Walt has kidnapped Brock or something like that.

I believe it is strongly implied by some plot points that a Jesse-Walter fight is being set up, in fact season 4 and 5 have seen buildups to their conflict. The death of Mike and now Hank, as Jesses last chances as allies, now he is alone and is rebelling against Walter, who was his last 'father'. Tried to protect and control him. The father/son theme is quite relevant for their relationship for the entirety of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelhermansen View Post
    SPECULATION

There are 2 episodes left, and I think that would be a disappointment too. Yet I dont think thats whats gonna happen. Because Jesse lived, and he and Heisenberg arent friends anymore. He was spared death by the writers for a reason, and while I can think of 2-3 additional endings in which this could be relevant, it seems most reasonable to me that the final battle will be between Jesse and Walt.

The next episode will probably be about Walts return to take back his money, only to find out Jesse has escaped with the money ---- or something which is a little better written, but you can fill in the blanks. The next episode will then probably end with a cliffhanger after the white power guys have been killed by either Walt or Jesse or both, in which the power balance between Walt and Jesse hangs in a fine balance, like if Jesse is burning the money or Walt has kidnapped Brock or something like that.

I believe it is strongly implied by some plot points that a Jesse-Walter fight is being set up, in fact season 4 and 5 have seen buildups to their conflict. The death of Mike and now Hank, as Jesses last chances as allies, now he is alone and is rebelling against Walter, who was his last 'father'. Tried to protect and control him. The father/son theme is quite relevant for their relationship for the entirety of the series.
    I guess that would make sense since Jesse screamed "he can't keep getting away with it" and Walt has gotten away with it again, so Jesse would finally be the one to "make him pay" and possibly deliver the killing blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just.... fucking WOW, what a fucking episode.

I can't even put into words my thoughts on this episode, everything from Hank's death, although I have to say he went out like a boss, Hardcore right to the bitter end, right up to the gripping, but really quite disturbing final phonecall was phenominal. I have to agree though, Walt made to call to protect Skylar, little though she may deserve it. Everything he's done up to this point has been for one aim; to protect and care for his family. He understands now that the best way for him to do that is to get the fuck out of dodge, sadly Marie (the fucking BITCH QUEEN FROM HELL), knows about Skylar's involvement in everything so Walt had to take... Drastic action. If that means becoming the 'danger at the door', making his family hate him... So be it.

I think it's safe to assume now that the M60 is for Uncle Nazi and the White Supremacists (doesn't that sound like the shittest country band ever?) and I'm pretty willing to bet that Walt is going to take the Ricin before he begins his assault... The only things I CAN'T work out are a) Jesse's part in all this b)how he's going to get the money back to his family...

Gods I'm gunna miss this show when it's gone...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

just out of curiosity, what does everybody think of the new show that amc is using breaking bad as a lubricant to shove up our asses? low winter sun? not impressed here personally. imo a show fails when you would just a soon see every person in it shot in the face, not a single character you can root for on any level. to me the show is just a bunch of assholes running around doing asshole things, and they all deserve each other. my bet is it wont outlast the breaking bad finale by more than a month, probably far less
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just out of curiosity, what does everybody think of the new show that amc is using breaking bad as a lubricant to shove up our asses? low winter sun? not impressed here personally. imo a show fails when you would just a soon see every person in it shot in the face, not a single character you can root for on any level. to me the show is just a bunch of assholes running around doing asshole things, and they all deserve each other. my bet is it wont outlast the breaking bad finale by more than a month, probably far less
    I tried watching it. It's boring, enough with the cop shows already. It's incredibly annoying that Talking Bad is on afterwards. I'm giving them ratings by just leaving my TV on waiting for Talking Bad. Idgaf about LWS but they're gonna think I do lol

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I tried watching it. It's boring, enough with the cop shows already. It's incredibly annoying that Talking Bad is on afterwards. I'm giving them ratings by just leaving my TV on waiting for Talking Bad. Idgaf about LWS but they're gonna think I do lol
    me and my wife sit through it to watch talking bad. at first it was to give the show a chance since we werent doing anything else anyway, but now we just bitch about how much it sucks and make fun of the characters and their actions
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I call it Low Interest Sun. We turn down the volume and leave it on in the background while we discuss the episode and wait for Talking Bad. We absolutely won't be tuning in after the season finale; we'll be catching up with the new season of Boardwalk Empire and start watching that, which is in the same timeslot as BrBa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a bad show. People would actually watch it if it wasn't after Breaking Bad and the fact that AMC tries to ram it down your through. I've stopped paying attention to it too though. It just plays in the background until Talking Bad.