Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[TV] Seth Macfarlane plans to ruin another show

http://tv.ign.com/articles/116/1168551p1.html

Seriously Seth....seriously
    Having 3 terrible shows isnt enough, hes going to butcher a classic now.

I would've preferred Matt Groening taking over the Flintstones, that man is a genius and was a huge fan also.

Seth just gotta admit he isn't funny... Cleveland Show is horrible, nobody likes it and should never exist. Family Guy got too many cheap and cut-away jokes that aren't even funny and its just a waste of time that fills about half the episodes, and American Dad focusses too much on Stan Smith's stupid behaviour I never liked

Wonder how it will turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    eh seth got it right with american dad and family guy was alright until it went retardedly stupid.Cleveland show i havent watched since i care little for it.I dont like his dull character.Whatever happen to the pther black guy that replaced cleveland he was BA man they should have kept him.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

All of his shows are the same. He's the Dane Cook of animated sitcoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    All of his shows are the same. He's the Dane Cook of animated sitcoms.
    IMO. Dane Cook isn't funny either.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    That's why I said they're the same

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I think that was his point. :P

Il probally watch the first one, just to see whats what. But if i so much as hear "Hey Barney, this reminds me of the time when....." Il switch over faster than you could possibly imagine.

Deleted
    each to his own. I like family guy, you don't. I like Simpsons, you do. I happen to find Seth MacFarlane's twisted approach to satire on the American society and foreign societies to be extremely hilarious.

that you don't is your problem.
    that being said, reviving the flintstones? what's bad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    each to his own. I like family guy, you don't. I like Simpsons, you do. I happen to find Seth MacFarlane's twisted approach to satire on the American society and foreign societies to be extremely hilarious.

that you don't is your problem.
    that being said, reviving the flintstones? what's bad about it?
    Reviving the Flintstones is a great idea, Seth Macfarlane doing it is a terrible idea.
    He is just not funny. Look at Family Guy, the previous seasons were watchable, now its all about reusing jokes or gay baby jokes.
    He doesnt seem to realise Random =/= Funny....

10+ Year Old Account
    Family Guy was hysterical once upon a time but now just makes me sad when I watch it due to it being so un-funny

Cleveland Show is retarded.

American Dad however is gold, I don't care what anyone says.

BUT I have to agree, Seth Doesn't need to make anymore TV as the BAD stuff he has made FAR outweighs the good.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with all the Family Guy hate? You guys come up with as many seasons as he has with pop culture jokes and see how many ideas you have left going into the 10th season.

Family Guy (new and old) beats South Park by a longshot, seriously South Park isn't funny at all. American Dad is great, Cleveland Show is meh, but Seth MacFarlane is hilarious and anyone who says otherwise has no sense of humor.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

the only thing more laughable than seth macfarlane's "twisted approach to satire" is his acting career.

the dude sucks.

I used to hate Family guy, and American Dad. Now I find them hilarious.

Some people need to stop generalizing things and thinking their opinion is the only one.

You like shows that I hate. I love shows that you despise. And so goes on the world. The dude is the highest paid writer in the world, and it's not just luck.

He has 3 (imo) very great shows. I can watch reruns and still laugh at them. Not many shows still do that for me.

Go seth.

"My opinions are also facts."

Pretty much sums up this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    His humor has gone downhill each new show. So, when this comes out, it will bomb worse than.....

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/116/1168551p1.html

Seriously Seth....seriously
    Having 3 terrible shows isnt enough, hes going to butcher a classic now.
    Well in all fairness, I do like some of Seth's show.
    Recently there've been some crappy episodes (on all 3 series) but there are still good episodes as well.
    Same with South Park.
    Recent episodes are (on average) not as good as the first 2 season but it still got some great episodes.

Don't like it, use your remote (or download something else ).

That being said, I never like Flintstones so w/e he does he can't ruin that
    I admit, I did watch Flinstones as a child (20 years ago) but that was more cause there wasn't as much choice in programs then for the love of the show.
    I agree with you that the Flintstones is a classic but imho it's impossible to butcher it (unless they make something like the Transformer movies, that's butchering childhood memories.......)

Family guy is ok.
    cleveland show is bad, even tho i watch it few time when i changing channel.
    American dad i dident find it that funny, imo i tought the show was canceled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I actually love Seth's shows (excluding the Cleveland Show). Sadly Family Guy; just like The Simpsons is on a huge decline, and the only real reason both shows are doing good is because of fan loyalty.

American Dad however is a different story. Granted it got off to a rocky start, but now the show is just golden. The story-lines stay on tract, and the jokes are actually clever.

Plus who doesn't like Francine.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-05-17 at 08:36 PM.

Seth McFarlane, In my opinion, is actually funny. Does that mean I like the Current Family Guy, American Dad and Cleveland show though? HELL NO!

The first 3 seasons of Family Guy before its cancellation where great and prove that he can be funny. The characters actually had different personalities and it had some humor that was clever. However, after his rise to popularity, he didn't have to try anymore to make money and that's what his problem is today. All his shows are exactly the same, and every character has the exact same personality. The humor is simply pandering to the lowest common denominator now.

As far as him re-doing Flintstones... It's possible it can be good as long as he takes a different approach then what he is currently for all his shows. What it all comes down to is that I really hope he is a fan of the Flintstones instead of thinking that he's so funny that he'll re-invent it - if this happens it'll be terrible.