Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh89 View Post
    Don't really understand why they've gone with this feature.

If you want to be playing with your friends you'd already be playing with them on the same server.

Why not give us something we've been crying out for like additional character slots..
    WoW users aren't ready to pay extra for extra character slots yet. This is a paradigm shift, and it needs to be done gradually to avoid as much customer outrage as can be avoided. Start charging extra for tiny things. Then small things. Then medium sized things. Then big.

If there's enough demand for extra character slots, I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to pay extra for them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    This feature still won't allow you to do that because you'll still need to meet the ilevel requirements because the feature functions through the already existing LFD tool.

And you don't get any valor points if you don't use the LFD tool.

Edit: Either way, you're paying a fee(whether it's through additional game time or paid character transfer fee) on top of your subscription fee to play with your friends, and you're forced to choose between them.
    only if you friends on on other servers, on the same battle group, on the same faction, at the same lvl...
    i don't see exactly why this feature should even be made, you should be on the same server as your friends to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest thing is, the Remote Auction House service has more effect in-game than this will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    You, sir, are probably part of a minority. I have plenty of friends on other servers, but playing with them won't improve my gameplay because I can get that same gameplay from using the RDF as is and chatting with them simultaneously.
    Wait, you get the same experience from playing with some random person as you do playing with your friends? Really? So that 3k dps rogue in your heroic group and resto druid wearing part feral gear and the people that can't follow directions to stay the hell out of the black circles is the same experience you'd have playing with your friends? You're reaching so hard you're probably going to pull something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    Good. I'll pay for it. I'll also enjoy all the tears from the people that claim the game is broken for them because they can't afford a couple extra dollars a month to access features like this. Why? Simple. Not everything in life is included in the purchase price, kids. I love when schmucks learn valuable lessons.
    A fool and his money are easily parted. Being able to pay more money and defending your right to pay more doesn't somehow make you superior to others, it makes you a chump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    A fool and his money are easily parted. Being able to pay more money and defending your right to pay more doesn't somehow make you superior to others, it makes you a chump.
    What does thinking you know how to spend someone else's money better than them make you?

15+ Year Old Account
    STATUS
    CANCELLED (Expires: 25/5/2011 10:51)

stupid imo, why the hell should you have to pay for something that should already be provided in the game. stop killing your game blizzard, people do still like it...

Wait, you get the same experience from playing with some random person as you do playing with your friends? Really? So that 3k dps rogue in your heroic group and resto druid wearing part feral gear and the people that can't follow directions to stay the hell out of the black circles is the same experience you'd have playing with your friends? You're reaching so hard you're probably going to pull something.
    Who says everyone has friends that are top tier players? All of my friends might be that 3k DPS rogue or that resto druid wearing feral gear. They're my realID friends because they're close friends, not because they're good players.

Now one thing is missing, that Blizzard is increasing the monthly fee for the first time.
    5-6 years same fee is usually not that common. Could give some excuses like inflation (rising prices for people, hardware etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    What does thinking you know how to spend someone else's money better than them make you?
    I never made such a claim.

Who says everyone has friends that are top tier players? All of my friends might be that 3k DPS rogue or that resto druid wearing feral gear. They're my realID friends because they're close friends, not because they're good players.
    Your entire argument about this not being an improvement to gameplay is built by setting up a whole very specific set of circumstances to show it isn't for you, when reality doesn't match those circumstances for everyone. The hardcore raiders don't gain much from LFD, so it should be charged for since it isn't improving their gameplay right? All those people that never PvP the cross-realm battlegrounds meant anything to them, so it should be charged for since it isn't improving their gameplay? I'm sorry, but no matter how strongly you refuse to recognize it this goes against what they've done in the past. This goes against the norm of MMO's. You might be willing to accept it, nothing wrong with that. But others, like me, aren't. I don't care for the precedent this sets. And it does set a precedent.

Personally, I plan on paying for the service and using it because I like the idea and appreciate what Blizzard is doing. I have no problem paying for it. I like the service, I shell out money for it. That's how things work.

For the most part, the addition of this feature will not have any real impact on gameplay. It's simply a luxury that isn't required. That's a fact. People have this gigantic sense of entitlement to it and feel like it shouldn't be a pay to use feature, that's okay. But it's a pay to use feature, and that's also okay.

You also have to remember that Blizzard has a habit of setting the norm for MMO's. There's a reason they've dominated the market for so long.

If its legal for them to sell crap like this in-game, why isn't it legal for us to sell gold in-game?

2 words,Bb wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enderw View Post
    If its legal for them to sell crap like this in-game, why isn't it legal for us to sell gold in-game?
    Because to sell something, you need to own it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have to remember that Blizzard has a habit of setting the norm for MMO's. There's a reason they've dominated the market for so long.
    Yh guess what, it's because they didn't try shit like this. They remained loyal to their user/fanbase and didn't make them feel like they were merely cashcows.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    A financial planner?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith View Post
    A financial planner?
    This made me lol =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith View Post
    A financial planner?
    Well played.