Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    For the same reason guys do it.. To avoid the comments from people around them about it being a waste of time and such..

Most Gaming girls I know IRL aren't hiding it though, they usually keep it open that they enjoy playing games.. Alot of people actually play games in one way or another these days =)

Deleted
    I don't spend any time trying to hide it, but it's definitely not the first thing I say if I have to tell someone about myself. Why? Playing games is a hobby, not who I am :P The people I talk to, I'll tell them if they ask, and even if they don't ask, it'll probably come up in a random conversation sooner or later ;D

In game (even tho that's not what you asked for) I don't often bother to tell people that I'm a girl. It's only when people refer to me as "he" a few times (then I write "she*" lolol) or when people for some reason ask me. People don't believe me at first, and if/when they do, they either start flirting with me or let me get away with too many mistakes in raids for example. Only the people I play with more often are smart enough to treat me like a guy :P

Harrasment from the oddballs

Deleted
    I also think alot of males act really pathetic and somewhat like to be in the centre of attention when there is a female in the guild I am not sure why though. I know this because i've got a few good female friend's in WoW and they complain about it alot. Girl's get wierded out quickly to like if they start getting things in /w like "omg is it true your female?" I understand why alot of them try to hide it. But then again alot of them are differnt :P

Deleted
    I'll say the first thing that I thought of.

They don't want people to judge them for playing something insignificant and with no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachopie View Post
    Because creepy guys hit on them...
    Bla, they love it man.. girls LOVE attention

Quote Originally Posted by Velkahn View Post
    Bla, they love it man.. girls LOVE attention
    Not negative creepy attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuujin View Post
    Edit: So I just wanted to know why alot of gamer girls IRL hide that they like gaming ?

Don't think too much about this, it's just my curiosity!
    I don't.

[filler characters here, good job, 10 character minimum derp]

I have never met a girl who try to hide it.
    Rather, they often flash it as if it was a fancy title that gives special privileges.

Link very related.

I don't hide it, if someone asks or mentions something along those lines I will give them the information. However, I am not one of those "I AM A GIRL GAMER! I AM AWESOME!" type of girls either. Eventually, you'll figure it out... if not, oh well. There are a LOT of creepy people online, and pretty much every guy after finding out you're female will flirt in some manner. It's not really something I want to advertise.

I'd rather let my skill do the talking rather than immediately announcing I'm a woman. It just leads to bad stereotyping and judgments, and people assuming you're garbage or that you can't possibly be THAT good being a woman gamer. Unless I actually speak in Vent, majority of the time people think I'm a guy. I've had people not believe that I was the one actually playing my characters before because they couldn't fathom a female gamer being that skilled.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    My formula is: The more a girl publicly unnecessarily advertises so is directly proportional to how bad she is.

Also this:
    http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/100...3232697194.png

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    My formula is: The more a girl publicly unnecessarily advertises so is directly proportional to how bad she is.

Also this:
    http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/100...3232697194.png
    Already linked two posts above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Already linked two posts above.
    But mines better =3