Can you help me fix my internet? =(

I have Optimum. A netgear router. i have it set to WPA2 Aes. it keeps cutting out and i disconnect from WoW a lot. and most of the time its small little Dc's so wow kinda keeps up but itll make the people run in place for a lil while and i need to be able to have the spells cast right when i want them to.

Is wpa2 aes not good? because i wasnt really having this problem before i switched to wep then back to wpa because people said wpa2 aes was a lot better than wep. any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried removing security from your wireless to see if thats the problem?
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Frankly, for home use, WEP is more effort than most people looking to steal wireless are going to go thru. As many unsecured networks as are still out there, it's easier to spend another 5 or 10 minutes driving around with the scanner than it is to break even 64bit WEP encryption.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes only seconds to break wep on an active connection. I would not risk it especially with a high end connection. If it ever is found by the malicious type you are giving a good base of operations.

Have you updated to the latest firmware for your router?

have you tried different wireless channels? Some routers are horrible at auto scanning.

I may be wrong, but don't you need AES for N support, or will WEP suffice?

My suggestion would be to change the wireless channel. I would also look to standardize the connection between your Wireless card and the router if you can. If you're running N, set both the router and card to run at N only as opposed to auto...Or B/G if using either as well.

Deleted
    Google your network adapter. There are tons out there who have serius issues.

Call customer support and ask them the steps on how to update your routers firmware, or you could go to the site and search for it.