Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Question regarding mobile broadband!

Hello fellow mmo champions.

I have a question regarding mobile broadband. Just recently I was "stowed" away on a projcet, nightshifts, mostly doing the surveillance over here. Nothing happening really. So I thought I'd spend some time working on my achievements. However I am curious on how its gonna work with the broadband limits. Here is some info.

Connection info: 3-5mbs
    Daily limit: 0.5 GB
    I am only going to play wow whilst using this. Maybe some forum browsing. But got a work computer hooked up via radio link for that.

Feedback much appreciated

-Spinz
    Last edited by Spinz; 2011-05-18 at 12:58 AM.
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980 TI
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
    Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M800
    Mouse: Logitech G502
    Headset: Astro A50

I actually used to use mobile broadband myself. You're biggest issue is hte latency if you want to do dungeons but still shouldn't be more than 500-600. And the data usage is approx. 1-5 kbs if your in a non busy non raid area, otherwise it could get up to 20 kbs. You should never have to worry about passing your limit.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your quick answer. I have some other fixes to deal with the latency. And!! Oh, welcome to the forums sir

.5GB is a terrible daily cap think about 1 full length movie is at least ~700 mb that's just evil. But if your JUST going to play WoW it might be fine depending on game time per day.

Deleted
    It's pretty much impossible to use up more than 500mb per day just playing wow.
    Won't be able to update it with that but just playing will be fine.
    Latency will be the biggest factor, can range anywhere from 200ish-infinite depending on the connection.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed its a terrible option for downloading stuff. However as stated in OP, only going to play WoW on it. My co-worker, on the afternoon shift says the connection seems quite good with this. It is an urban area. I'd assume net traffic is low during the night as well. As what goes for updates of my WoW folder. Thats something I do when I get home. Just need something to beat some time during the night.