Thread: H70 PushPull

10+ Year Old Account

H70 PushPull

Buying an H70 for my gaming PC. Curious as to what fans people would recommend for push pull config?

Gentle Typhoon AP14s or AP15s are really popular for being very quiet and having good performance.... they're expensive and hard to find though.

Yate Loon Medium speed fans are also popular because they're cheap (<$4 per fan), still perform well, and still pretty quiet. I've tried using a couple of those on my Hyper 212+ to see how they perform compared to the Blademasters I have in push/pull on it (been looking at building a custom water loop... wanted to check the YL fans beforehand) and they were dead silent, even with them running full blast (my PSU fan was louder) and temperatures only rose 2-3C over the Blademasters.

Cooler Master Blademasters that come with the Hyper 212+ are pretty good too... bit on the loud side though when they ramp up to full blast (and also fairly expensive).
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-05-18 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 C is significant for the clocks I'll be pushing it to. Looking for high performance and relatively cheap. Noise isn't a deciding factor at all.

There's also the high speed Yate Loon fans... I'd imagine they'd bring the temperatures back down.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...-h70-club.html is a good place to look too... the first post has a list of popular fans on it. Basically anything with high static pressure/high-ish RPMs would be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=686

overkill for an h70, but i haven't really found much else that matches it in pure power/reliability

http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/shark_b12.html
    i use these in my current case, a bit loud for my taste, but for $20 its hard to find a better fan

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get something decent air and save up for a proper WC loop, if you do it right you will get a lot better temps than with a H70, this advice isn`t worth shit if you have it already though.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=71
    If you´re interested
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    im using two of these Yate Loon - D12SL-12 - 120mm

they are just as good as all the Noctua fans and only cost the half
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Get something decent air and save up for a proper WC loop, if you do it right you will get a lot better temps than with a H70, this advice isn`t worth shit if you have it already though.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=71
    If you´re interested
    Implying an H70 is different than a CPU loop only water cooler?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Implying an H70 is different than a CPU loop only water cooler?
    i think the implication was that a H70 is not as good as a DIY watercooling loop, which is true

Just grab the Antec Kuhler 920 instead. It's the same Asetek 570LC unit with better fans (110CFM 700-2400RPM PWM) and more flexible tubing. It is priced higher than the H70, but by the time you replace the garbage fans that come with the h70 with something decent, such as the ones already included with the 920, you'll end up spending as much, if not more.

I don't believe the Yate Loon - D12SL-12 - 120mm offer the same static air pressure that the Noctua fans do, but they do offer decent performance at a very cheap price. You can get them through newegg under the IPC Queen brand for $5.99 each.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835168006
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-05-18 at 11:29 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i think the implication was that a H70 is not as good as a DIY watercooling loop, which is true
    Just what I meant, sure it is watercooling, it´s just not as good as a proper WC loop. The H70 uses a single 120mm rad, which is adequate for a CPU only loop, but it is not recommended. I´d recommend a 2x120mm rad at the least for a CPU only loop.

The H70 is on par with high end air cooling, but not a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Just what I meant, sure it is watercooling, it´s just not as good as a proper WC loop. The H70 uses a single 120mm rad, which is adequate for a CPU only loop, but it is not recommended. I´d recommend a 2x120mm rad at the least for a CPU only loop.

The H70 is on par with high end air cooling, but not a lot better.
    Realize that I'm not grabbing a big case because I don't have enough room. It fits an H70, but it'd be a struggle to get an NH-D14 and all my RAM and the side of the case on.