Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this helps the t12 4pc a bit i guess
    few points to bear in mind, assuming it's gonna duplicate then -

haunt 46% (glyphd... duh) inc dot dmg for 12 sec? win
    immolate 2x = what will happen to conflg? possibly a win
    HoG - if 2x meteor shall fall, perhaps a 20% crit inc to demons will be applied? win
    Drainsoul 2x? overkill
    demonology 2x hellfire/immolation aura?

onto pvp

seriously the 2x haunt thing should go talented 46% inc dmg *ahhh*
    2x soulswaps? this effects pve as well, but no one pointed out soulswap got some minor dmg while applied if it get copied ... tooltip should be funny though, "Copying 3 dots to a target and copying those 3 copied dots from the last target to the same target again".

2x chaosbolt might seem ... fair (the cb should get like 100% dmg inc anyway beside legendry procs to make it viable if you ask me..)

and i guess i could think of some more cool-probobly-not-gonna-happen effects...

I dunno if people are basing on the old datamined version of the proc or whatever, I don't remember what it says ... but now it says that it will duplicate the spell. Yes, it says that it procs when you deal damage ... but it says it will duplicate the spell. This is leaning towards dancing-rune-weapon -type extra dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I dunno if people are basing on the old datamined version of the proc or whatever, I don't remember what it says ... but now it says that it will duplicate the spell. Yes, it says that it procs when you deal damage ... but it says it will duplicate the spell. This is leaning towards dancing-rune-weapon -type extra dots.
    That just seems unlikely with all the limits to duplicate debuffs that appear to be very firmly set in the game. Everything from one curse/bane per mob, one BoD allowed, one corruption/seed per mob, one ua/immolate per mob, only 3 living bombs, one flame shock per mob, one DP allowed, etc etc etc. I imagine its pretty deeply embedded in the game.

Not to mention multiple dots would be OH so exploitable. I mean, it'd probably end up being a valid strat to spam cast corruption at the start of the fight to get multiples, then spam cast UA as soon as the internal cooldown is up (assuming there is one) then keep them all rolling with felflame and haunt. It just seems... a little silly. Then again, maybe the duplicated spell will act completely differently and simply not respond to any refresh/soulswap type mechanics - who knows?

Oh and people are basing it on the wording of the proc that's only just been posted on the front page of MMO-Champion today. I wasn't aware there was some old datamine of it.

These stats are way off from final.

As it stands right now any guild that would give this staff to a lock over a feral druid is dumb.

948 dps (200 higher than best staff right now) and 4k top end dmg (2x best staff). Sucks right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randril View Post
    Is there any confirmation about no internal cooldown?
    Affly will be very disadvantaged if cd exists.
    Ofcourse there is a CD, do you really think Blizz will allow you to burst you're way through with RNG on a legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

As it stands right now any guild that would give this staff to a lock over a feral druid is dumb.

948 dps (200 higher than best staff right now) and 4k top end dmg (2x best staff). Sucks right?
    feral druid
    feral
    lol wht? I hope that was a typo...

Dude... wait... what?

You do realize the loss of some 400 Agility... and the much more valued Crit and Mastery that Feral desire, and instead get Haste and Hit, is gonna make it worthwhile for FERAL?

Plus, given it's a quest chain to obtain, a guild isn't gonna hand it to a Feral, JUST for the weapon dmg, when any CASTER gets everything out of it, including the proc (cause all Feral abilities are not spells, they are abilities/strikes).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Dude... wait... what?

You do realize the loss of some 400 Agility... and the much more valued Crit and Mastery that Feral desire, and instead get Haste and Hit, is gonna make it worthwhile for FERAL?

Plus, given it's a quest chain to obtain, a guild isn't gonna hand it to a Feral, JUST for the weapon dmg, when any CASTER gets everything out of it, including the proc (cause all Feral abilities are not spells, they are abilities/strikes).
    Sorry to inform you, but if that staff goes live as is, then the class that will take the most advantage of it is a feral druid.

Dont believe me sim it yourself. 400 agi means jack shit. 200dps and 2000 top end damage will MORE than make up for 400 shitty agi.

No really, sim it. Ill wait here for you to say "WHAT THE FUCK" just like I did.

Sorry to inform you, but if that staff goes live as is, then the class that will take the most advantage of it is a feral druid.

Dont believe me sim it yourself. 400 agi means jack shit. 200dps and 2000 top end damage will MORE than make up for 400 shitty agi.

No really, sim it. Ill wait here for you to say "WHAT THE FUCK" just like I did.
    Are you comparing this to 359 / 372 weapons ?

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    That just seems unlikely with all the limits to duplicate debuffs that appear to be very firmly set in the game. Everything from one curse/bane per mob, one BoD allowed, one corruption/seed per mob, one ua/immolate per mob, only 3 living bombs, one flame shock per mob, one DP allowed, etc etc etc. I imagine its pretty deeply embedded in the game.
    A DK can only have each of their diseases up on a mob once. Their dancing rune weapon can put another on -- it counts as the DRW's dots. Nothing complicated about it.

But, yeah, I do think it is a distinct possibility that instead of applying the dot, it will just burst the entire damage of the dot all at once as arcane damage.

Im comparing the DPS vs every other class that can use it.

Take the stats and sim them on a caster then sim it on a feral.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clarification for some of the misinformed:

"When you deal damage..."

The proc is "On Damage", meaning that it will copy the amount of damage the target took. It will not copy the DoT. It will not put up two Curse of Elements. It will not miraculously cause Soulburn Seed to put 2 Corruptions on everything in range. It will not cause two Haunts to create 40% bonus damage.

It will copy a random dot tick, of any dot. It will copy a shadow bolt impact. It will copy random impacts of aoe, but not all of them at once. It will copy haunt damage but will not cause the extra effect, nor will it cause extra healing later. This copy will further add 15% damage from Bane of Havoc.

What we do not know yet:
    Internal cooldown on the proc (highly unlikely - this makes it terrible for dot classes)
    PPM on the proc (highly unlikely again)
    % chance of the proc

This will math out to be a % dps gain, equal for all classes, meaning those with the highest dps will benefit the most. This means any class where double-dotting is a valid option.

R.I.P. YARG

so whatabout pets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw it got a dps nerf!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    what we do not know yet: does it proc from pets and guardians damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus that Melee damage upgrade is massive you could be a melee caster lol nice stats though

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post

The proc is "On Damage", meaning that it will copy the amount of damage the target took. It will not copy the DoT. It will not put up two Curse of Elements. It will not miraculously cause Soulburn Seed to put 2 Corruptions on everything in range. It will not cause two Haunts to create 40% bonus damage.

It will copy a random dot tick, of any dot. It will copy a shadow bolt impact. It will copy random impacts of aoe, but not all of them at once. It will copy haunt damage but will not cause the extra effect, nor will it cause extra healing later. This copy will further add 15% damage from Bane of Havoc.

What we do not know yet:
    Internal cooldown on the proc (highly unlikely - this makes it terrible for dot classes)
    PPM on the proc (highly unlikely again)
    % chance of the proc

This will math out to be a % dps gain, equal for all classes, meaning those with the highest dps will benefit the most. This means any class where double-dotting is a valid option.
    How can you know this with certainty? I agree that its unlikely that it will copy actual spells in full, but I don't see how you can know this for sure given how ambiguous the text is and how likely it is that the text will change to clarify things.

ferals
    If there's one aspect we do know for sure, its that the weapon damage will be lowered. Blizzard are not dumb enough to let it go live while being better for a feral than for the casters it is intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post

Equip: When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell

gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell

duplicating the harmful spell

the harmful spell

This is a legendary. Normal rules need not apply. In view of how complex the Val'anyr proc is, I would be astonished if Dragonwrath's proc was a simple damage boost, instead of a wholly unique, nay, legendary effect. An effect such as, say, duplicating an entire spell, not merely a dot tick.

if it does simply duplicate a random damage, wont this make it far superior for an arcane mage, rather than a lock? (i am here assuming that the lock/mage have equal skill and gear, ofc). or basically any of the direct nuke classes, rather than it proccing and doubling the damage of a dot, unles it works for the entire dot possibly???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamash View Post
    Equip: When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell

gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell

duplicating the harmful spell

the harmful spell

This is a legendary. Normal rules need not apply. In view of how complex the Val'anyr proc is, I would be astonished if Dragonwrath's proc was a simple damage boost, instead of a wholly unique, nay, legendary effect. An effect such as, say, duplicating an entire spell, not merely a dot tick.
    This it too ambiguous , I think that we will see a blizzard post changing proc description in a couple of weeks to

New proc : When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell DAMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Randril View Post
    This it too ambiguous , I think that we will see a blizzard post changing proc description in a couple of weeks to

New proc : When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell DAMAGE
    Or we'll see a clarification going in the opposite direction, where it actually duplicates the harmful spell, like a DK's DRW and double diseases. Which mind you is already coded into the game and it's listed as DRW's damage with DRW being a pet/guardian of said DK.

Which if it is the case, then they need to clarify whether it deals damage based off of stats at the moment it procs or if it takes other buffs/debuffs into account. Would be interesting to see if it scales with any masteries (increased damage for Demo since it could technically be considered a pet/guardian, or increase fire/dot damage in the case of Destro and Aff) or if it takes into account things like Meta (would it deal 20% more damage if it proc'd while you were in that form) or the stacks from AB for an Arc mage.

There's a lot of questions that need to be answered before anything relating to a definitive answer as to which class/spec would see the greatest increase from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.