Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

If something matters to you, be clear about it. If it doesn't matter enough to be clear about it, then it's probably not worth complaining about when someone has different assumptions than you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I'll admit, that was a poor analogy. Regardless of that one, the situation at hand still stands. I paid for [Tranmsute: Truegold] and did not receive the full product of [Transmute: Truegold]. That's just a fact.
    And the full product of said transmute is..;you guessed it: ONE TRUEGOLD BAR.
    It is HIS specialization that generates the extra bars and you have no claim on them whatsoever, Gz on making yourself look like a total dickweed.

If the numbers inside the parentheses were actually in the definitions of the skill, then I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, they are not. I'm still inclined to believe that my logic stands.
    But they kind of are there? Because if you did not stumble upon a transmute master that day you would have gotten your single bar for 100g and none of this would ever have happened. (Or if he didn't happen to proc, RNG and all)

That and any skill that is supposed to make multiple items, lists that it's supposed to make multiple items. Like Handful of Cobalt Bolts, 2 bars = 1-3 handfuls. Meaning that if it does not list that you will get multiple it's 1. It's a 1 to 1 ratio. It shouldn't have to list a (1) beside everything just to get the concept through your head.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    As a Transmute Alchemist, this is basically how I view things.

If someone is seeking a Transmute spec Alchemist in particular and tips at a higher rate, I'll give him the procs.
    If someone just says 'LF Alchemist to Transmute PST', I'll keep the procs. Generally, people can/will get upset if something procs and I keep it. In this case, I tell them that they are able to buy it from me for a discounted price from AH average. They usually get pissy, so I always keep 1 set of mats for a Truegold Transmute and just give them their mats and tip back.

As of about 2 months ago, I keep 1 set of Truegold mats and 1 Truegold on me at all times. So when they trade me mats + tip, I just give them 1 truegold (again, assuming they don't ask for a Transmute spec, in particular).
    Very good idea. Incidentally, though I doubt it, are you the Radux that I know from in game?

Deleted
    If you want to be fair about it, you should be getting the product of the transmute be that 2bars or whatever. The alchemist was just a little greedy and annoyed that he got the proc while doing someone else the service. Bad server imo, in mine i ve never seen that with any kind of procs. Usually people are after the fee for their CD. /hug but i really don't think you ll be getting anything in the mail.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit, that was a poor analogy. Regardless of that one, the situation at hand still stands. I paid for [Tranmsute: Truegold] and did not receive the full product of [Transmute: Truegold]. That's just a fact.
    You DID receive the full product. Any other alchemist transmutes 1 bar from the mats you had given. The proc is just that, a random chance. To EXPECT more for the same amount of mats is asinine at best. How much were you going to tip if he had only made 1 bar? 100g? then why are you entitled more for the same tip?

You are not a special snowflake, you are NOT entitled to anything that you did not agree upon. You cannot be surprised that there are so few people supporting your point int his thread.

Technically all alchemist get THIS spell for their Transmute: Truegold. If you look down at the 'effect #1' portion, you'll see that it gives you this bar at a value of 1. This means that you get 1 bar for your mats. Being a Transmute spec allows you to proc more.

So unless you actively discuss it beforehand or you specifically search/find a Transmute spec Alchemist, you aren't being cheated. He's giving you exactly what your mats would produce.

Deleted
    Heh... this reminds me of the Disenchanting thread. This kind of thinking annoys me immensely. Greedy ftw. Stick with respectable people or people you know are good for it from now on.

You're an asshole for wasting GM time reporting this guy who was actually so nice he gave you back your tip, which he didn't have to do at all. You never specified an agreement, and yours is absolutely not the default assumption. Also, your linking of the skill doesn't help your argument at all, considering it's an entirely different skill that allows the procs, AND, the actual skill is singular and not plural.

Close that ticket and grow up.

Deleted
    Greedy greedy greedy... Be nice to each other it pays in the long run. I love how people explain it using the spell discrption, classic

Can we please keep the thread civil? I'd rather not have to turn into a mean turtle and get my banhammer dirty.

Did you level the craft? Then no, you dont get the procs, you paid for the materials to make 1 ____, you get 1 ____. Also, enchanters should be the only ones who get shards when clicking d/e in dungeons, everyone else should get items. Shannanagains!

Deleted
    I never understood the "if there's procs they're mine!"-mentality. if you specifically seek out a transmute, potion or elixir-master to take your chances with the blizzard wheel of fortune then why not. chances are it's even your guildy that is the alchemist. heck I created well over 1000 potions the first weeks of cataclysm because I was the guild's only potion master and potions were about 20g per pot on my realm.

if someone is just looking for a transmute, keep the procs. if someone is looking for a transmuter, do not keep the procs.
    that easy really, in my mind.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinworm45 View Post
    You're an asshole for wasting GM time reporting this guy who was actually so nice he gave you back your tip, which he didn't have to do at all. You never specified an agreement, and yours is absolutely not the default assumption. Also, your linking of the skill doesn't help your argument at all, considering it's an entirely different skill that allows the procs, AND, the actual skill is singular and not plural.

Close that ticket and grow up.
    How ironic would it be if the GM took the 100g from the OP and gave it to the alchemist? I personally would find it hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    But they kind of are there? Because if you did not stumble upon a transmute master that day you would have gotten your single bar for 100g and none of this would ever have happened. (Or if he didn't happen to proc, RNG and all)

That and any skill that is supposed to make multiple items, lists that it's supposed to make multiple items. Like Handful of Cobalt Bolts, 2 bars = 1-3 handfuls. Meaning that if it does not list that you will get multiple it's 1. It's a 1 to 1 ratio. It shouldn't have to list a (1) beside everything just to get the concept through your head.
    I don't purchase Truegold transmutes for 100g from non-transmute specced alchemists. The 100g is worth the potential gain of an additional Truegold bar.

And I didn't stumble upon him, he approached me.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    if someone is just looking for a transmute, keep the procs. if someone is looking for a transmuter, do not keep the procs.
    Sure, but if you want to spin the wheel and get the procs then you should NOT give me a measly 100g tip. 100g tip is the standard for a regular transmute without chance at procs.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    How ironic would it be if the GM took the 100g from the OP and gave it to the alchemist? I personally would find it hilarious.
    It would make me smile indeed.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

I never understood the "if there's procs they're mine!"-mentality. if you specifically seek out a transmute, potion or elixir-master to take your chances with the blizzard wheel of fortune then why not. chances are it's even your guildy that is the alchemist. heck I created well over 1000 potions the first weeks of cataclysm because I was the guild's only potion master and potions were about 20g per pot on my realm.

And that's why I looked for transmute masters for my transmutes

I thought it was well-enough inherent that I wanted procs by the fact that I was looking for a transmute-specced Alchemist, but I figure I'll have to redundantly specify in the future that I plan to take the procs, too.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    And that's why I looked for transmute masters for my transmutes

I thought it was well-enough inherent that I wanted procs by the fact that I was looking for a transmute-specced Alchemist, but I figure I'll have to redundantly specify in the future that I plan to take the procs, too.
    well if you're asking for a transmute master isn't it rather obvious that you want the procs as well? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    Sure, but if you want to spin the wheel and get the procs then you should NOT give me a measly 100g tip. 100g tip is the standard for a regular transmute without chance at procs.
    Different server, different standards. The standard tip on my server ranges from 25-75 gold for a transmute.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 10:28 PM ----------

well if you're asking for a transmute master isn't it rather obvious that you want the procs as well? Oo
    Welcome to my confused world.

www.spinatlantic.com

My opinion is unless you agreed on who takes procs - transmuter gets to keep them.
    What I usually do is ask ahead to link transmute mastery if the guy has it. If so - I offer to give twice the tip, but I get to keep all procs, if any. So far everyone agreed.
    If you agreed to keep all procs and the guy cheats you - it's punishable offence.