Deleted

Tattoo prices (UK)

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much a 2-inch x 2-inch tattoo is likely to cost in London? Not looking for an exact figure, just a ballpark figure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono2411 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much a 2-inch x 2-inch tattoo is likely to cost in London? Not looking for an exact figure, just a ballpark figure
    Like 20-40 pound, or a lot more depending on what you want done. I'd check around on tattoo forums to find the best places tbh.

One of the most important things to remember about tattoo prices;

Cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap.

Tattoos are about 100 dollars per hour for a good artist, and you should spend the money for a good artist. I imagine that a tattoo that large should take about ~1 hour if it is really detailed. (probably less). So about 100 bucks is a good maximum it would cost you (70 euros).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    One of the most important things to remember about tattoo prices;

Cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap.
    This, this and this.

Average hourly rate for a tattoo here in the UK is about £50-£60, but if you're only having a very small one then you might get away with around £30-£40.
    My advice would be to go around and ask to see the portfolio's of any studio that you go into.
    Any self-respecting, decent tattoo artist will have a a versatile portfolio and take 10 minutes to have a chat about what you *really* want.
    Last edited by mmoc0e186b106a; 2011-05-19 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Slightly more constructive answer.

Deleted
    It's not so much about the tattoo, but a lot about the artist that makes it. Good artists are very expensive and you have to wait a long time to get your tattoo, but it is going to be very good.
    I had to wait 1 1/2 months to get my tattoo, because the artist was very good and very busy.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys

I'm definitely not going for a cheap one, i want to get it done right, luckily I've got a good friend who recommended me an artist so I'm gonna pop in to see her next week... was mainly just a topic to pass the time when I can't sleep

On the off chance that anyone is interested I'm going to get a Super Mario 1Up on my bicep... hey, it might not be original, but with 7112827472 people in the world (http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop) there is rarely anything unique :P

Deleted
    If you look closely on my avatar pic, you'll notice a 1up mushroom in my armpit. /win

Scratch that, you'd need damn good eyes to see it xD

15+ Year Old Account
    i was quoted £60 per hour, tho the best artist in the studio is £80-85 per hour, but seeing as my work was fairly basic i felt it safe to go with the cheaper option, and she did a bloody good job!

Why anyone would want to permanently ruin their skin is beyond me. Never have found tattoos to be that attractive. Do yourself a favor and don't ruin your skin. You'll thank yourself in twenty years.

Depends. If it is off their *Book* in the studio expect to pay no more then £50 for a 30 min job for a 2x2. Basically this is just a stencil they will take off any design they have on the wall or in the standard 101 tattoo book.

Custom work, where you take in a pic yourself or tell the artist what you want, expect to to pay £70 plus an hour for a good artist. It will last you forever so don't just walk into the 1st shop you see. Get some reviews and look at thier pictures. If their shop is full of custom pictures and books full of their work then you can expect a good job.

Check their lines to make sure they are sharp and clear not joined in small lines. Shading, make sure it doesn't go past the border. Best to just google London artist's and see for yourself. Study their work carefully as to what you want. Some artists are good at portraits, others are complete weird random whatever you want. Either way enjoy the experience. No one can stop at one.
    Last edited by warpath2k; 2011-05-19 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    Why anyone would want to permanently ruin their skin is beyond me. Never have found tattoos to be that attractive. Do yourself a favor and don't ruin your skin. You'll thank yourself in twenty years.
    That's a very subjective reply to an objective topic... but everyone is entitled to an opinion

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro View Post
    If you look closely on my avatar pic, you'll notice a 1up mushroom in my armpit. /win

Scratch that, you'd need damn good eyes to see it xD
    Tried to see yours but couldn't :P
    although i did notice that your birthday is the day before mine... completely o/t