Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part I wear titles that fit my characters. My warrior uses Twilight Vanq or his RBG titles, my pally uses Argent Defender, DK using Bloodsail Admiral (Ackbâr), my draenei hunter rocks Champion of the Naaru, etc. My hunter has a ton of titles, just about all the holiday ones, kingslayer, twi vanq, etc, but i like the sound of CotN on a draenei. All a matter of preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    I like my Camel-Hoarder one, it gets me a lot of attention, I like attention!
    But seriously, like Kandrakar said, they show an accomplishment so I see no issue with them.
    There must always be a Camel-Hoarder.
    Imagine all them camels running wild and uncontrolled.... We'd be doomed.

I love me some titles and I personally always think it's neat to see who chooses what as a title to display. It usually shows someone's personality and/or accomplishments to some minor degree, and I think it just adds a minor touch of something that I really dig in WoW. I tend to usually keep up everyone's names + titles and guild names (though not newer the 'recruit of' or 'guardian of' guild title things) just so I can see at a glance who is where and what they're sporting.

If I see a title that I somehow don't recognize and I dig the sound of it, you bet that I'm going to go dig it up and figure out how to get my paws on it. Sure titles may be a "pointless" time sink to some, but honestly I find that some of the more "pointless" things to do in WoW are often the most fun and/or rewarding.

To each their own, I say!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Q.Q moar..

I like them, not the ones what are hardest to get, those what really fits to my char (exmp. class).

Titles stopped being relevant when 3.0 hit live, so no one really cares about them anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are only pointless or meaningfull if said person looking at them deems them pointless or meaningfull.

I may look at some and don't think much of them... but the person wearing "the insane" or "the exalted" etc etc may be very proud that the set a goal and achieved it.

Who am I to look down at others achievements when I proudly show the ones I worked hours to get?

Titles are just as pointless as having multiple mounts, multiple models for items and races in the game.

It's all for the sake of customization and feeling unique I guess.

It's a game. Everything in it is pointless. The only purpose to anything you ever do with WoW is entertain yourself. If you like a title, use it. If you don't like them cluttering your screen, you can turn them off. There is no discussion to be had, because you don't need to interact with them at all. Nothing needs to be changed and nothing needs to be said.

Deleted
    To be honest the only title which i feel is worth something is Hand Of A'dal.
    It is ok if you don't think so. I do. And that is ok too.

Deleted
    Dragonslayer <name> + rare dragon, like Black proto, Azure, etc.

pretty fakin awsm!!

I never cared for them, at all. I've had several nice ones in the past but.. I can't say that I care about them. I just kinda got them, I never went out of my way to get one.

^ I agree. I wear Hand of A'dal because it is the rarest title I have. I feel like titles that everyone gets these days aren't really unique. Everyone in Wrath was the Kingslayer. I like seeing old school PvP titles too, like Commander, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my Herald of the Titans - I can't raid much any more due to important stuff at college (otherwise I'd been in heroic content) so now I raid lead a group of old friends who're still clearing normal content. The title is just a showing of past glories and what I'm capable of.

Hell, it works wonders for guild recruitment - all the childish "herpaderpa i wana join raiding guild plzzzzzzzzz" get put off because they think "damn that's a step too high" and then all the mature players who're we're after, look past it - perfecto \o/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    if u dont like just disaple in option thats how easy

Quote Originally Posted by Papertiger View Post
    its actually 30"
    So you are actually "Papertiger <of the Big Monitor displaying a huge screen resolution>"?

MagicSN <Defender of a Shattered World>

;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever seen LotRO titles on RP servers? usually <pre-title><name><relation><related person><title><faction title>. With the guild name under that.
    Example: "Awesome Szemere, son of Kazmer, the awesomeguy of awesomeland. [We are awesome]"
    This usually takes 3 lines of text floating above your head.

Now stop complaining about WoW titles being pointless and screen filling.
    It is one of the few things we have to distinguish ourselves, next to our tabard, our shirt (which you do not see), our guild tag, our mount (not seen in combat) and our companion pet (which is tiny).
    If you feel like not using titles, you just enable the <none> option, and I'm 50% sure you can even hide other people's titles.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Wouldn't it be interesting if people in Real Life had their names and job titles (or something) over their heads?

OP is still running around with Jenkins...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My title I keep on is the love fool. so its not a bragging title really, but a funny one. the raiding titles, Eh, they arent really thar funny or interesting. Impressive if your the first on your server, but after everyone has it. not really.