Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry, here's a ba-ba for you.
    No, just continued to degrade my faith in humanity.

Things like this are the reason I'm hesitant to get a job.
    Because it would mean paying taxes.
    And the taxes support these sorts of people.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    @Zephyr Storm
    Thats a really weird ethical thing going on with your post dude. An opinion like that form someone in the medical feild would no doubt affect your ability to treat or care for someone you feel is abusing the system.
    Thats the kinda thinking from medical people that leads to crazy shit like abusing patients via incorrect phlebotomy practice ( YEA FAT ASS IM GOING TO DIG THAT NEEDLE IN YOUR ARM AND FISH FOR A VIEN BECAUSE YOUR FAT IS IN THE WAY)
    very very slippery slope there buddy.
    Oh nice to have an experienced medical doctor in the house! How long have you been practicing? Hopefully over a decade otherwise you're just a troll expounding on something about which they have no idea. Like you've never said Hello to someone you hate with a smile on your face lol. Grow up.

Oh nice to have an experienced medical doctor in the house! How long have you been practicing? Hopefully over a decade otherwise you're just a troll expounding on something about which they have no idea. Like you've never said Hello to someone you hate with a smile on your face lol. Grow up.
    It is. starting a post implying credentials then ranting on something you are disturbed by ( fat folks) gives it a weight of athority and that is ethical bullshit. Don't hate because he got called on it.

Edit: "If you don't, then you are" kinda crap is best left in the playground man.
    EDIT2: IN the end some agency checked him out, and deemed his reason was valid. IF anything folks need to ask why or what the checklist is that got him SSI/D and if that needs to be changed.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-05-19 at 07:32 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

And once again I'm here saying "I thought I had seen it all". What the fuck.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Getting yourself to 300lb then claiming "i has heart condition, gief money" is stupid.

The rider for that money should be that you have to lose x amount of pounds or lose the money unless you're at a healthy weight for body type/ height. Guaranteed we'd be giving less money to people that eat themselves into disability AND the problems associated with obesity.
    Well that's an ideal way of looking at things really. Heart conditions come from obesity most of the time, sometimes it's genetic but it either develops at birth, at which point you can have an operation, or as you get old. Do one of two things, use the tax money for liposuction or give them free gym memberships if they are at a point where they can lose weight through an exercise program with a physical trainer as well as a dietitian, you wouldn't have to spend tax money supporting them for 60 years before they kick the pail. Personally I could think of better things to spend 10,000 a year in welfare or disability for people who can be helped and put back into working society. Even I have my own share of health problems and I still work 40+ hours a week, if fatty thinks having a heart condition is a problem, try having heel spurs and struggling to stand for 8 hours a day without having extreme pain, which also makes it difficult to exercise and generally just enjoy life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, Seriously.. This has got to be the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Leave it to the US government to give this guy SSI. I can't even believe what I'm seeing. This is nuts.

Edit: I need to figure out a way to get the government to cut me a check because of my fetishes. Hmmmm.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well that's an ideal way of looking at things really. Heart conditions come from obesity most of the time, sometimes it's genetic but it either develops at birth, at which point you can have an operation, or as you get old. Do one of two things, use the tax money for liposuction or give them free gym memberships if they are at a point where they can lose weight through an exercise program with a physical trainer as well as a dietitian, you wouldn't have to spend tax money supporting them for 60 years before they kick the pail. Personally I could think of better things to spend 10,000 a year in welfare or disability for people who can be helped and put back into working society. Even I have my own share of health problems and I still work 40+ hours a week, if fatty thinks having a heart condition is a problem, try having heel spurs and struggling to stand for 8 hours a day without having extreme pain, which also makes it difficult to exercise and generally just enjoy life.
    Your problems in life validate other's suffering.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vezrah View Post
    Okay, Seriously.. This has got to be the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Leave it to the US government to give this guy SSI. I can't even believe what I'm seeing. This is nuts.
    What are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, there's some conditions that are genetic. But the vast majority are from people not managing their weight, or being at a "fit" or slightly overweight weight and eating all sorts of crap that they know are unhealthy.

but supporting them until they die is just stupid. maybe it sounds silly from someone that's paid only the smallest amount of taxes (unemployed for a few years now :\), but i don't want to pay for people to stuff their faces and ignore all reports that say "HEY. IDIOT. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE SELFISH AND STUPID". I'd pay for them to go through diet/ training ONCE, but after that they're on their own. Want to be fat and unhealthy? Pay for it yourself. Or have your insurance pay you, if you can find one.

I feel your pain, though... I can't climb a single set of stairs, walk long distances, or climb hills easily because my pelvis is offset. Not very much, like an inch, but enough to make one leg longer than the other when I walk, which means my knees are slowly pulling themselves apart from over/ undercompensating. I can't wait until I'm older!

@Zephyr Storm
    Thats a really weird ethical thing going on with your post dude. An opinion like that form someone in the medical feild would no doubt affect your ability to treat or care for someone you feel is abusing the system.
    Thats the kinda thinking from medical people that leads to crazy shit like abusing patients via incorrect phlebotomy practice ( YEA FAT ASS IM GOING TO DIG THAT NEEDLE IN YOUR ARM AND FISH FOR A VIEN BECAUSE YOUR FAT IS IN THE WAY)
    very very slippery slope there buddy.
    Jumping to conclusions is a bad thing dude.

Did I say I mistreat people? No. Because I don't. I still take care of them equally, and smile to everyone. Because if I don't, it's my job on the line.

If you actually worked in the medical field and saw the things that we medical field workers see and had to put up with the shit that we have to, you wouldn't be replying to me like you are.

I care about people's health and want them to become better (that's why I work in the medical field...duh). But nothing boils my blood more than seeing someone abuse the system and get away with it and then to see someone who actually needs the system and struggles to get help from it.

That being said, are you telling me that I shouldn't be mad about people who, for example, choose to become fat, wear out their knees, their backs, and their hips, and then expect me to fix their problems and then sue me if I can't possibly do it? Yeah right. If you could work this job and not get upset about certain people who abuse the system, then you sir have the most tolerance out of anyone in the world.

And sorry to burst your bubble, most healthcare workers have the same philosophy I do. At least everyone that I've worked with and talked to about it does (and that puts the number of people at about 200...and that's just in my personal experiences alone). It doesn't make us uncaring, intolerant, and non-compassionate people. It just makes us people with common sense who get angry at the idiots who choose to do the wrong thing.

Also, fact:
    Hitting veins on people who are morbidly obese is, more often than not, MUCH harder to do than on a normal sized person. It's even hard for the people who start IVs day in and day out, all day long for their jobs. And yes, it requires us to "dig" for their veins sometimes. It doesn't mean we're doing it on purpose. It means we can't find a vein through all that fucking fat.

Get a clue before posting about something you know nothing about.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2011-05-19 at 07:40 AM.

I want a piece of this, brb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

It be funny if this guy has a valve prob, and is fat form the meds and his baby lifestyle and is not on SSID for being MO
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

He's just another benefit leach. The fact he's into AB should be irrelivent in this case.

However, technically speaking, if he was fully into it he'd never walk or talk ever again... So yeah, whatever. Not my business.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol'd at this (completely off this topic)
    http://www.live5news.com/story/14656...his-photo-real
    Obama is everywhere!
    "El Cheapo across the street" LULZ

No, what I'm saying is that you should think about not using your job experience as a mode to give athority to an opinion you have. If you are that jaded over your clients, move on. Sitting there at a station or where ever you do day after day, seeing "fat people abusing the system" you can't honestly say your opinion won't affect your lvl of care, because it will.

Edit: You play wow, it's like assuming all pugs are bad because you have several bad ones, and NOT having you walk into a pug and expect fail or be wary about it.

You want to slam folks who have what, like a BMI of over 35? and not even mention things associated with that like diabetus(lol) which is something you could get SSID for. Come on now It's not just being fat, or pretending you can fix osteaoarthritus, it's being like that after every medical step to correct it fails that gets you it, not just a crate of twinkies.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-05-19 at 07:59 AM.

No, what I'm saying is that you should think about not using your job experience as a mode to give athority to an opinion you have. If you are that jaded over your clients, move on. Sitting there at a station or where ever you do day after day, seeing "fat people abusing the system" you can't honestly say your opinion won't affect your lvl of care, because it will.

Edit: You play wow, it's like assuming all pugs are bad because you have several bad ones, and NOT having you walk into a pug and expect fail or be wary about it.

You want to slam folks who have what, like a BMI of over 35? and not even mention things associated with that like diabetus(lol) which is something you could get SSID for. Come on now It's not just being fat, or pretending you can fix osteaoarthritus, it's being like that after every medical step to correct it fails that gets you it, not just a crate of twinkies.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 90% of people that are morbidly obese are that way because they *want* to be. They never "tried to get it under control". They think that it won't hurt them, and that it's a lifestyle choice that's just very biased against by medical people (gee, wonder why).

You get fat from YOUR OWN choices, and you develop the diseases. You lose the weight and most of the problems, if not all, go away. It's a very simple system, and concept: the human body is not designed to have 200+ lbs of fat. Never has been, and probably never will be.

Easy way to fix being fat, don't eat copius amounts of food. It really is that simple. Even people with genetics which make it much easier for them to gain weight, as well as harder to shed it, can use this strategy in concert with maybe placing something healthy in their maw. That's what I did, dropped from 290 to my current 188ish. I did this without guidance, and damn sure without collecting benefits, just will power and a desire to better myself. I would expect this level of self control from anyone who will otherwise eat themselves into an early grave. If they can't muster that much self control, then they cannot be helped.

lol wtf!!! ive never heard of anything like this. How does he collect SSI? thats so fucked up.

And then he threatens to kill himself if they cut him off, well its not that hard to arrest him and put him into a psycho ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 90% of people that are morbidly obese are that way because they *want* to be. They never "tried to get it under control". They think that it won't hurt them, and that it's a lifestyle choice that's just very biased against by medical people (gee, wonder why).

You get fat from YOUR OWN choices, and you develop the diseases. You lose the weight and most of the problems, if not all, go away. It's a very simple system, and concept: the human body is not designed to have 200+ lbs of fat. Never has been, and probably never will be.
    I understand that, and I feel more often then not it's a condition that could be controlled and it is abused. BUT you get things like the Pima indians where you have folks who basically hit the 500 pound mark, making also an issue of genetics and not just bad food.

Woah, this is just.... woah!
    Last edited by Iamsylar; 2011-05-19 at 08:13 AM.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar