Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin0228 View Post
    Personally, I would not choose an android... but there are those that definately would considering there are guys out there that actually ' date ' lifeless dolls...

http://rlstv.com/2011/02/04/my-stran...n-1-episode-9/
    I'm clicking this only for the Scab Picking girl. I think I might regret this.

Video has been removed.

Thank god.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-05-19 at 09:12 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    You've been on fakku recently?
    wahts dat???? explain please

Not going to offer any male alternatives, eh?

I'd take a Beyonce android though if I could easily afford it on a college student budget. Hah. Who seriously likes cooking or cleaning? And that'd be awesome if she also performed some of her songs. To be honest though, I probably wouldn't inappropriately touch her because I'm really not into that and because I don't want to risk my male parts being electrocuted.

Yeah.

I wouldn't pick an android without free will over a real woman. If there was no way to differ an android from human though... I can't really say. I think that's obvious.
    Also, Battlestar Galactica and Blade Runner, here's where you can find answers :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I'm clicking this only for the Scab Picking girl. I think I might regret this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conwDRgiUBI

A bit gross but nothing too bad. Interesting as well though.

OT: I think anyone that says yes to this Android thing must believe they are a sad, lonely person. Androids will never be able to replicate true human feelings, so there will always be a huge difference in the type of relationship between two humans and a human and a robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we could save $70k and date a real human who will be capable of actually being in love with you, not just saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can they be both sentient and agree with everything you say?

Anyhoo, if I'd have to pick one Id go with number two <3

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Or we could save $70k and date a real human who will be capable of actually being in love with you, not just saying it.
    However we could poor ourselves into a woman and she will steal out heart and destroy our self worth so she can be with someone she deems a more worthy companion ....in the words of CYPHER from ther Matrix " I choose the matrix " ....and by the I choose the love of an artificial woman who will never betray me ....ever

A hundred times yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good point is that you can use your robo-partner to fight against evil scientists with a built in/moded on arm cannon.

Just make sure if you have a robotic loved one that there name isn't "Hal".
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-05-19 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Meh, I don't know.

I kinda like the feeling of mutual affection between me and a woman. Just, sitting in the couch and watching TV while huddled up.

I don't think I'd get that from an Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conwDRgiUBI

A bit gross but nothing too bad. Interesting as well though.

OT: I think anyone that says yes to this Android thing must believe they are a sad, lonely person. Androids will never be able to replicate true human feelings, so there will always be a huge difference in the type of relationship between two humans and a human and a robot.
    kinda like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhCZh6QRRc Although only people in the UK will be able to watch that.

On topic, no i wouldn't have a relationship with an Andriod, must get very boring if she agrees with you all the time..got to have some differences between people in a relationship.

...huh?

Okay, first off, Motoko from Ghost in the Shell is NOT an android, she is a cyborg, a human being without a human body. And while they touch on related subjects, they do not discuss the idea of love with an android whatsoever. A newer show by Studio I.G., "Real Drive", does touch on all this as a side plot.

As for the primary topic, the long, long list of people saying "it would never love me back" "could not feel real human emotion" or even the OP saying that it would never disagree with you basically don't understand what strong AI is.

So to clarify, it's entirely possible that by 2025 or 2030 we could have the mechanical technology to produce a robot that simulates the human body "close enough", but it seems unlikely to me that we'll have developed strong AI by then (resulting in the dumb machine everyone in this thread based their response around).

By 2072, it is not out of the question that we will have created strong AI and broken the technological singularity, at which point A. humans are no longer very useful in relativity to androids, and B. the AI in androids will be more than smart enough to, if designed that way, feel emotion genuinely. Sooo... a race of stronger, smarter, faster, more reliable people, who can all be built like supermodels.

I'd hit that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say it depends how "real" the Android is...

If it like Naomi Armitage (armitage the Third) id say go for it --- a artificial made Bot with Skin wich even can get pregnant
    If its like David from A.I. i dont think that would be a good idea ------ a artificial made Bot wich act like human but cant eat and only simulating human behavior
    If it is less real like David keep your hands from it...
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-05-19 at 09:48 AM.

We talking AI or Slavebot? Cuz if it's an AI that's just like a human with its own personality and you entered a relationship with it just as you would with a regular human being and you can put your penis in it, yes. If it's a robot that just does whatever you want, then no cuz it would just be a fancy sex doll.

Would be more of a "despite the fact it's an Android" more than "because it's an android".
    Last edited by Biske; 2011-05-19 at 09:53 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Being a hypothetical question that is quite stretched in reality, i would have to say no, but that's simply because its something so alien to current society.

A perfect example of how such a situation could play out, minus the slave mentality of the artificial human is Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (whatever you prefer) than i could imagine a situation where something like this isn't so far fetched nor so alien to people.

It's an interesting topic the connection between man and machine, especially as the gap between the two continues to shrink. Mechanical prosthesis and organ replacement and the morality of such.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, no, no, and no!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Not sure about the first one.
    Kim Kardashian
    Beyonce
    (At least im 90% sure thats Beyonce)
    /brohoof
    /brohoof Yay my first hoofing er something, ok well i guess I have a crush on Beyonce, At least its not a kardashian.
    This thread is now 20% cooler.

get a real girlfriend and then get a robot for no-strings 3somes! you can put her back in the cupboard afterwards!

Deleted
    Hmm, after careful consideration, no. Nevermind the fact that a robot couldn't love you, -I- couldn't love a robot o_O And, you know, that's important to some people.