Thread: Normal Nef

10+ Year Old Account

Normal Nef

So my guilds going to be trying normal nef soon, for the first time as a group. there are 3 of us who have tried it before, 2 of them on different toons to now though, and that was months ago. I re-watched the tankspot video but since 4.1 has happened since then, and since we last tried I was wondering if there have been any changes to it since the beginning, in how we should do it.

Our raid set up is
    Tanks
    Blood DK
    Prot paladin

Heals
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham
    Holy priest

Dps
    Mut Rogue
    Enh Shaman
    Destro Warlock
    Arc or Fire Mage
    Surv or MM Hunter

How we were going to do this was pally tank Onny, DK on nef. Hunter kites adds using frost trap and the occasional frost nova from mage, or stun from lock, split dps evenly in p2, we have plenty of interrupts in the above group. p3 pally tanks/kites adds, DK on nef with a healer following paladin.

one questions, does the aoe nef does, still hit for 100k nature damage?

Deleted
    Yes crackles still hits for a ton, have hunter use nature aspect for dmg reduction.

we are basicly running with the same setup, except we dont got a single pally =P. Have the mage to drop down ring of frost in the middle so the hunter can kite it over. ring of frost shuld kill at least 3 of them if not more =). Ur pally tank could insta fear one if its close to him. Aslo your priest can shackle one. last time i checked crackle "electrocute" hitted my mage for 70k. (i cant remember if our hunter used aspect or not)

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

Deleted
    you really need to have all the adds die in one spot, preferably the outer circle, so i would not get your mage to use RoF in the middle as suggested above.

RoF is great for grouping them at the end of the phase on the outer circle, if hunter needs extra help Cone from the mage will help too, and if your hunter is having issues getting them to stay in RoF, Nova is great forrootin them in it

Deleted
    Also if Resto Shaman has Healing Stream glyphed (most likely) you'll already have the nature/fire resistance, so Electrocutes and Shadowflames will hit for a lot less (at least I think Shadowflames are effected by Fire resistance).

Deleted
    did 100k on my fury warrior. tho.

Macro Aspect of the Wild+Glyphed Raptor Strike means the hunter never needs an external cooldown. Everybody should make sure they've got some kind of mitigation up when crackle is about to hit, even for normal 10.

Electrocute hit's for 100k damage UNMITIGATED. So most of the time it will be closer to 70k, after resists and any possible cooldowns.
    You have a resto shaman, make him stand with the group and glyph resistance totem, that way your hunter can stay in his normal aspect (doesn't stack).

One more word of advice: In phase 3, a holy priest will most likely think that using body&soul on the kiting tank is a good idea. Problem is, it isn't :P If it's used early, you will eventually run into your own shadowblaze again (make a full circle before fire despawns), and if you use it late, the mobs will be faster than you anyway, resulting in the same scenario.
    Just kite the adds normally and only stun them to group em up again. If you do it on cooldown, the shadowblaze will most likely hit them.

Deleted
    What I do for phase 3 of this fight is leave nefarion in the middle of the room with everyone else on his either sides, and with the add tank kiting around the outer edges of the arena. if fires appear on either side of nef the raid just switches to some place clean, and the nef tank keeps turning nef to always have his side towards the add tank as well as he quickly kites around the edges of the room. Fool proof strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is spawning in the raid, and people seem to think fire only spawns on the adds. is that true because in the attempt I swear our pally had the adds on the outer grate, far away from the raid the entire time. (we wiped to too much fire in the raid) and thats in p3
    Last edited by Anakso; 2011-05-19 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    That's correct - fire only spawns on the adds. Remember however, this includes dead adds, and the fire will spread out a bit from its initial point of impact (ie, an add)

A critical part of the P3 add kiting begins in P1 - if the adds die in a bad place in P1, or spread out all over the room in P1, you may as well just call a wipe because your first kill isn't going to come after a shit P1.

Yes, crackle hurts shitloads. Also, mages are the best at kiting multiple adds by like a hundred billion, frost is extra OP, ours doesn't even take a single hit most times. Have the hunter being the one assisting the mage instead, MDing any that get loose or setting traps for the mage if he really needs it for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Force your mage to go frost and kite the adds, let him kite them in a way that they die about in the same spot I would leave 1 melee on onyxia and push 2 crackles in phase 1.

Meanwhile nef moves, ou can dps him down to like 73ish. You will have 1 platform with 4 dps, that add wil die the quickest so you want to have 2 ranged on that platform (mage + hunter) so that they can push 1 or 2 crackels in phase 2. We usually just push 1 crackle. The mage can iceblock twice or three times during the fight, make him Ice block when you push a cracle in the platforms (helps healer out alot).

Phase 3, stand on nef side, have 1 tank kite the adds around in the outer circle with an assigned healer, the nef tank just rotates nef so that he doesnt breath on the tanks =) and pretty much nuke the shit out of him It's probably gonna be a step learning curve towards entering p3, and then another learning curve to get used to p3 movement etc...

Additionally: Tanks with the tol barad mastery trinket with the ressi on use can time it with the crackels, this will also help out the healers alot

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel