Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Would ret be op with a slow effect?

As the title says. Discuss.

has this not been discussed already?

yeah sorta...it wouldn't break the game but it'd force nerfs on their execute like abilities ie art of war procs and hammer of wrath. I'd nerf hand of freedom too if they got a slowing affect.

Rets aren't gimped this expansion the word of glory nerf is definitely noticeable but it's not something that made a mass amount of rets drop in rating.

So I don't understand why people always want more more more instead of enjoying what's already there working great with some minor bugs...

You can't have everything for your class or spec and ret paladins have a lot already.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wouldn't. Any other melee dps spec has it, why not Ret?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    Unlikely.

However, I stil think that Blizzard just need to make the existing mechanic more viable and desireable to use.

EJL

What rets need is more reliable damage, and less POP CDS KILL, then no damage for a while. Making classes hugely bursty and do waaay too much damage in a short amount of time is completely contrary to what blizz wanted with cata pvp. Dunno how to do it, but make the class less bursty and sure, a slow would be fine. But as it is atm, it would be slow, hand of freedom, zelotry, RAWR death.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not only Rets who can pop cds to increase damage dealt. Ret has the worst mobility among all melee specs right now and Blizzard needs to do something to improve it. Yeah, high burst with low mobility isn't good in design and we have been saying this for ages. Giving the spec a slow would be one way of improving its mobility.
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

how do you call spamming hand of freedoms and cleansing EVERY movement impairing effect lack of mobility? you are probably refering to the gap closer, which isn't as good as warriors or dk's but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by slinx View Post
    how do you call spamming hand of freedoms and cleansing EVERY movement impairing effect lack of mobility? you are probably refering to the gap closer, which isn't as good as warriors or dk's but it's better than nothing.
    2 cars moving at the same speed will never meet. Same goes for pallies and any ranged DPS. We're gimped. Long Arm of the Law is crap and removable.

Give us a real charge, or give us a slow, or both like they do to warriors.

Deleted
    Get a rogue,mage,dk,warrior, rogue, hunter, shaman,warlock,priest. You are either fear/poly spammed so you can't dispel or they spam the slows faster than you can dispel or until you run OOM. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see you spamming cleanse on a desecrated ground.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    yes it would be. no need to homogenize every class. very uncreative.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sprint on 8sec CD to close the gap is far better than a death grip on 30sec CD, but I suppose this could be argued either way. The problem is if you manage to peel off the ret when he pops his CD's you're golden for another 2 minutes. So like someone already mentioned, ret problems don't lie with mobility but with lack of reliable damage output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    yes it would be. no need to homogenize every class. very uncreative.
    Since when homogenisation and being op are the same things? Very unimaginative..

Deleted
    really a better fix would be to make long arm of the law have a smaller 'dead zone' as atm an enemy 11-14 yards away will stay there as we will not be far enough away to get the proc. Also long arm does not stack with persuit which i recon it should as then it would for one be a lot more noticeable and 2 actualy get us in melle range before it drops off and we are back in dead zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    A sprint on 8sec CD to close the gap is far better than a death grip on 30sec CD, but I suppose this could be argued either way. The problem is if you manage to peel off the ret when he pops his CD's you're golden for another 2 minutes. So like someone already mentioned, ret problems don't lie with mobility but with lack of reliable damage output.
    Reason why Ret can't damage caster/kiter is because it can't reach it, which means problems in mobility. And anyone would prefer Death Grip over the shitty long lol of the lol. It just doesn't work in PVP, because the deadzone is easily counterable and Paladin can still be slowed/kited while it's up. Lack of both snare and instant gap closer is killing Ret as a melee spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret has the worst mobility among all melee specs right now
    Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection, Cleanse and Divine Shield say hi.

How about the fact that nearly all paladin attacks have double the normal melee range?

If you need a slow, remove that 15y stun.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-05-19 at 11:51 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection and Divine Shield say hi.
    All dispellable. 20 sec cd, 5 min cd, 5 min cd...
    And again, all dispellable..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    No it wouldn't. Any other melee dps spec has it, why not Ret?
    Thats entirely the reason why they shouldn't have it. Theres already too many slows, snares, roots and stuns in the game. There simply doesnt need to be more. We're playing the game at half speed most of the time in PvP. You're right every other melee spec has a slow, but i don't think they should all have one in the first place. They should change it back to make some of them dispellable like before ie. chains of ice, frostbrand (i believe was dispellable?) and i think a rogue spec has an undispellable slow now also.

I've got a ret palla alt that i play sometimes, personally i think long arm of the law is enough. You gotta look at it as a defensive ability also as it can get you away from danger. I think it's quite a cool ability anyway. As mentioned above, if pallas did get a slow, then their other utility would be nerfed quite substantially - I think you'd be better off the way things are currently.

Deleted
    I do think we should have a slow, but since we got the persuit of justice, maybe it should be something like 25% only