Struggling to keep up =/

Currently, i've started playing my warlock as my guild was lacking ranged dps.

I'm currently pulling 15-16k depending on the fight. (more on magmaw/halfus)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tassles/simple

This is my current gear, and i'm following the priority system from the stickied post. (i'm destro)

- I don't have a gloves enchant because i'm at 19/21k with earthen ring.
    - I've got the shoulder enchant but its not showing yet.
    - I'm currently under the hit cap but i did an entire raid and only missed once so i don't see it as a huge issue.

Can anyone give me any tips to help me improve?

4 problems that I see:
    1. Gear, You just need to get more gear. keep raiding and you'll get it, don't worry about that part.
    2. try to get DMF Volcano, BiS for all specs.
    3. you're gems are wrong. In blue socket put int+hit, yellow: int+haste, red: pure int.
    4. reforging is wrong from what I see, if you still low on hit you should reforge crit or mastery to hit.

Keep playing and you'll get it fast, hit however is a problem even for me. I'm missing shoulders tier and wand and i'm 0.9% off hit, and yes, I do feel the affect of it on my dps.

Lumikor - DMF EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    4 problems that I see:
    1. Gear, You just need to get more gear. keep raiding and you'll get it, don't worry about that part.
    2. try to get DMF Volcano, BiS for all specs.
    3. you're gems are wrong. In blue socket put int+hit, yellow: int+haste, red: pure int.
    4. reforging is wrong from what I see, if you still low on hit you should reforge crit or mastery to hit.

Keep playing and you'll get it fast, hit however is a problem even for me. I'm missing shoulders tier and wand and i'm 0.9% off hit, and yes, I do feel the affect of it on my dps.

Lumikor - DMF EU
    That's not entirely true. if the socket bonus is lackluster ie less than 20 int, or having a few int/haste gems helps get you to the next cap are the only reasons not to stick straight int in everything.

Hit is not what it used to be especially if you are playing affliction.

-Gemming is fine despite what the guy 2 posts above says, you are right to use pure int gems if the bonus is not int.

-Should get int to bracers enchant, its significantly better than hit.

-I'd recommend Earthen Vitality or Lavawalker to boots over the haste rating, movement speed ends up being a greater DPS boost than raw stats on most encounters.

-The reforging you have done is fine, however you should also reforge:
    -mastery > hit on your gloves,
    -mastery > haste on your wand
    -crit > hit on your cape

-Try to get a MH/OH combo as aside from a few exceptions (like oh say... a legendary) they offer superior damage to staves due to greater overall intellect.

-Try to get better trinkets (obviously you can't control drops... but your current ones are kinda trashy)

You should be able to be doing about 16-18k in a 10 man atm, more in a 25 man (unless you live in a magical 10 man who has every single caster buff), make sure on multi-target fights to not just "set and forget" Bane of Havoc, try to at least keep immolate up on your second target as well, preferably corruption too, tho it is not nearly as important. Focus macros work wonders, I generally like mine to be cast at focus if i press shift, or at my primary target if I do not. Simply adding Immolate on a second target will boost damage by a significant amount if you are not already doing this.

I can only say that your chest piece you'd get more out of a 20 int/20 hit gem to get the socket bonus seeing as the socket bonus on your chest is 20 int so that would give you 20 hit free right there

Gloves could reforge, I think to haste or hit, which ever you need more of.

And as some of the posters already stated just get gear from raiding and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    I can only say that your chest piece you'd get more out of a 20 int/20 hit gem to get the socket bonus seeing as the socket bonus on your chest is 20 int so that would give you 20 hit free right there

And as some of the posters already stated just get gear from raiding and you'll be fine.
    i'd lose 20 int you gain 20 hit, doesn't seem to be right =/

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post

The other gem slot is yellow, not red, she'd have to use a reckless gem as well as a veiled gem, losing 20 intellect, gaining 40 offstats (hit and haste) its a debatable decision and could be argued either way, you'd need a sim to know for certain.

Shoulders: get Therazane enchant
    Cloak: reforge crit -> hit
    Bracers: 50 hit -> 50 int
    Main hand: reforge crit -> hit
    Wand: reforge mastery -> haste
    Gloves: rep gloves + 50 haste enchant
    Legs: use 20 int 20 hit gem in blue socket (almost the same than 40 int)
    Boots: get those Ramkahen boots + enchant Lavawalker
    Trinket: get DMC:V

Talents: drop Aftermath, take Nether Protection
    Glyphs: use Soul Link/Shadowflame/Soulstone as your major glyphs (or Soul Link/Fear/Soulstone if you are cc'ing)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Glyphs: use Soul Link/Shadowflame/Soulstone as your major glyphs (or Soul Link/Fear/Soulstone if you are cc'ing)
    If you want the fear/soulstone glyphs or soul link/soulstone glyphs, drop the shadowflame glyph. Not using the life tap glyph would be a dps loss.

For raids, Soul link/Soulstone/Life tap should be your goto Majors for best utility/dps. Shadowflame would just be wasting a slot unless your put on some kind of kite duity, but if your ever put on kite duity as a lock, just leave that guild and find one that's not as stupid.

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badmilk View Post
    i'd lose 20 int you gain 20 hit, doesn't seem to be right =/
    You would not lose anything. If you switch out the 40 int in the blue socket, and put in a 20 int 20 hit gem, you would get the 20 int from the gem, 20 int from the socket bonus on the chest, and the 20 hit from the gem

Right now your geting 80 total int, with the 20int/hit gem, you would be getting 80 int and 20 hit total.

So ya, replace the blue socket with the 20 int/20 hit gem.
    Last edited by Faded Design; 2011-05-20 at 07:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post

You would not lose anything. If you switch out the 40 int in the blue socket, and put in a 20 int 20 hit gem, you would get the 20 int from the gem, 20 int from the socket bonus on the chest, and the 20 hit from the gem

Right now your geting 80 total int, with the 20int/hit gem, you would be getting 80 int and 20 hit total.

So ya, replace the blue socket with the 20 int/20 hit gem.
    IT'S A YELLOW/BLUE SOCKET. Not Red/Blue. They'd lose 20 int and gain 40 secondary stats.

Are you guys colorblind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    IT'S A YELLOW/BLUE SOCKET. Not Red/Blue. They'd lose 20 int and gain 40 secondary stats.

Are you guys colorblind?
    A sound played in my head.. "Dum dum dum..". I laughed, but you got a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    If you want the fear/soulstone glyphs or soul link/soulstone glyphs, drop the shadowflame glyph. Not using the life tap glyph would be a dps loss.
    Tell me how many times destro is using Life Tap during a fight and how many times there are situations when you are moving and GCD's duration won't matter? Life Tap glyph isn't that great you might think it is.

Cheers for all the help peoples, I diddn't realise there was a post already about asking for help though .

As for the reforge thing - I'm replacing literally all the unreforged stuff soon - Gloves done already.
    And i'm fully enchanted now must not of updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    The other gem slot is yellow, not red, she'd have to use a reckless gem as well as a veiled gem, losing 20 intellect, gaining 40 offstats (hit and haste) its a debatable decision and could be argued either way, you'd need a sim to know for certain.
    Ahh yea you're right, I'm at work so my computer monitors here have that stupid screen guard and sometimes it makes it hard to see the socket colors I thought the top one was red :P But yes then you're right, 2 int gems are better in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post

Are you guys colorblind?
    <squints> <leans in> Well, Son of a bitch. I guess I need my eyes checked.