Organized Cancelation Date Vs WoW Premium

I am one of those in the category that is sickened and disappointed by Activision’s decision to corrupt what was Blizzard with these corporate money grab shenanigans. It is important enough to me that I may not be buying any of the SC2 expansions nor Diablo 3. Buying a Blizzard game is just starting to become a bad investment. Each game is starting to come with hidden costs and qualifiers where 5-10 years ago Blizzard was known and highly respected for the value of their games and quality being first and profits being at best third after customer enjoyment.

Activision execs need to be sent a message, stop Fracking with the Blizzard Model. It’s the best in the business for longevity and customer loyalty. If you want a good example of what the money grab does, look at Sony. All of their online games have gone down the tubes and the playstation network is a joke. Their next quarter earnings are going to look really bad despite their effort to drum up revenue.

What I propose is to organize a mass WoW sub cancelation date. I don’t care if you re subscribe right away, wait till your current sub expires to re-subscribe or leave your cancelation permanent as I plan to do. The act of a large number of subscriptions being canceled on one day will hammer their accounting servers and double the size of their monthly accounting reports, after all the accounting reports are all that the Activision execs look at.

Several dates I was considering:

May 30:
    Make Memorial day a memorable day at Activision

June 15:
    Two weeks before the end of the 2nd business quarter and close enough to the midway point that most people with renewal dates in the first half of the month will not need to resubscribe until the first weeks of 3rd quarter. This would also give Blizzard/Activision time to actually respond and they may not for the 30th[/INDENT]

July 4th:
    Freedom from WoW lol

TLDR cancel on June 15th to make Activision execs cry, then re-subscribe if you want to

Deleted
    Good luck with that.

yeah im boycotting blizzard now, finally have an excuse not to be interested in playing wow again.... BECAUSE IM DYING TO PLAY SOME WOW GAHHHHHHH

Add a poll to this if it becomes serious. See how many people will get involved. But honestly if you really want to make a dent, this would have to grab much larger attention. Simply putting it on mmochampion albeit the largest WoW site currently, will not make an impact. I doubt blizzard would even notice.

Hit up a couple blogs.

Send a PM to TotalBiscuit's channel.

See what you can do.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

I wanna quit playing a game I like because they're offering more options! Bastards!

I'll sign this... I'm sure even if only a small amount (5-10%) of people unsubscribe it will send a loud enough message. I just really wish Blizzard had never accepted Activision's buyout, they were surely fine financially on their own?

I have stood by Blizzard through almost every single change they have announced that has wrought disdain, but I cannot support the "premium account" model when there is already a subscription fee, it is just too slippery a slope for me.

You made an account just to make a post that has been made before like 6 times? Good Job.

Yeah, no. For the love of puppies, can people stop making duplicated duplicate threads?

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions