Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you could take something from one game and stick it in WoW...

So,

if you could take something from another game (or book, or even movie I suppose) and put it into WoW somehow, how would you implement it and what would it be?

I'll use mine as an example,

Better Force spells. A force is a push or pull in a direction, and right now we have very limited spells that use force, like Typhoon, Death Grip, and Leap of Faith. A good example of these spells comes from the Dragon Age series, where mages can specialize in Force spells and use a downward force to crush people, an upward force to throw people upwards, or a condensing force to suck people into a point.

Would be fun to use force to, I don't know, bat a healer out of range of their target as a warrior. FORE! *swat*

You can also take bosses from other games, and plop them in WoW. Explain which boss and how a group would need to go about defeating it, perhaps.

Stuff does NOT have to make sense. You can make up totally hypothetical situations that would drive players insane if it were actually in game, like the new warcheif of the Horde being Rebecca Black.

And, now for a TL;DR picture.

Edit: I should note this isn't a "take things out of WoW that tick you off and then rant about casuals for six pages" thread. Additions only, ridiculous or otherwise.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2011-05-20 at 06:02 AM.

A Portal Gun, Nuff said. Fuck mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    THIS

or Samus....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahaha that would be fantastic.

Would also be quite the tool in WSG... *Orange portal in enemy flag room, blue portal in your flag room*

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    THIS

or Samus....
    Heh, I'm sure if you put a high enough bounty on Deathwing she'd get him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Ahaha that would be fantastic.

Would also be quite the tool in WSG... *Orange portal in enemy flag room, blue portal in your flag room*

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 06:06 AM ----------

Heh, I'm sure if you put a high enough bounty on Deathwing she'd get him eventually.
    HAHAH!
    This is true...
    and you could always get his head

oh and gotta remember to put a portal up high when your not using it so that if they come through they fall to their death xD

^ Unless they're like a rogue and shadowstep you or pally bubble, or DK and death grip you up high, etc etc etc o.o

I would like the keybind profiles from Rift .

So you only have to set your keybinds up Once for all 10 toons

Appearance tab from lotro

Definately Materia from Final Fantasy 7

I would use it to give my Fire Mage the Warlock's Rain of Fire
    OR My DeathKnight a Priest's Shadowbeast

Not to give the impression this is just to overpower other players I would just give people the option to personalize their "Style" of playing along with their character the way FF7 allowed you to customize your party members.

The ACR from Modern Warfare 2. I would destroy pvp.

A quest where you dress up as Garrosh and have to barter with local merchants to get max discounts.

I'm Warchief Garrosh, and this is my favorite store in the Valley of Honor.

It would be awesome if WoW had interactive quests/NPCs where your choices affected the outcome of events in the game world (think KotOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc.). Of course it would be nigh impossible to implement anything remotely like that without recoding the entire game, but one can dream.

Ok, trying to think about other games that I play that I would add to WoW.....

Optional PvP objective that change the face of the map (for that match). Opening or closing lanes of attack to not make each and every battleground of a type feel exactly the same. Maybe make it randomly determined which options are open for change in a particular match.

....and Creepers. Make them randomly spawn in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, cities, and the open world. Ignore lighting, make them spawn any time and anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    A quest where you dress up as Garrosh and have to barter with local merchants to get max discounts.

I'm Warchief Garrosh, and this is my favorite store in the Valley of Honor.
    That reminds me of haggling on Neopets with the NPCs (how do I even remember that far back?).
    That would be interesting in WoW.
    "I'll give you 1000g for the hippogryph."
    "Its 1.6k I'm not going lower than 1.5"
    "But I'm exalted with you, make it 1.3k"
    "1.4."
    "Deal."

I remember going "I'll give you ONE neopoint for that 50k item."
    and then getting kicked out of the store.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    dynamic world events that takes like 40+ people. World bosses. having cities being taken over by mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    dynamic world events that takes like 40+ people. World bosses. having cities being taken over by mobs.
    Godzilla comes to mind.

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    1. Fallout-moral decisions-choices that have consequences.
    Yesssssss.

Portal gun would make any game better. Its just science.

Probally dyes from Guild Wars, its a small thing but a little bit of customisation would go a long way.

Deleted
    More reactive world.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like ''Omega Zero'' as a boss within WoW; Now how would a group beat him? Well now we got the dungeon journal just for that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQqd...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Adranus View Post
    It would be awesome if WoW had interactive quests/NPCs where your choices affected the outcome of events in the game world (think KotOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc.). Of course it would be nigh impossible to implement anything remotely like that without recoding the entire game, but one can dream.
    To a limited effect, they could do this with a combination of factions and phasing.

The game could check your chosen faction and load up a different phase based on that. It would be very limited, but they could probably pull it off without a major recoding.