Deleted

[TV] South Park Germans

hey guys I just watched South Park S15E2, where they declare Germans the least fun people in the world. This is not directly my concern, some Germans might actually be unfunny .
    My concern is the speech the outraged German gives. Does German REALLY sound like that to you? I'm asking because the translation is poor (even google translator would have done a better job, I'm sure) and the pronounciation sounds just like an American who doesn't speak German reading German.
    The episode is funny, just, is that really what you perceive when you hear a German talk?

Also, I have heard (from an American) that the 3 words in the beginning of the Offspring's "pretty fly" are supposed to sound like or even be German. they don't and aren't.

EDIT:
    here's an example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnszesKUXp8 south park
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LilALvSqqo8 offspring
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-05-20 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, to everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Offspring were attempting to copy the beginning of a Def Leppard song(rock of ages i think?). They're just making fun of the way the German language sounds, really no rhyme or reason to it, it's just how it is lol.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeframe View Post
    Well the Offspring were attempting to copy the beginning of a Def Leppard song(rock of ages i think?). They're just making fun of the way the German language sounds, really no rhyme or reason to it, it's just how it is lol.
    ok I get that.

Still I suffer when I hear that "german" in the South Park episode. Except for Angela Merkel, her voice is impersonated well :P

If South Park pisses someone off, then it's doing it's job. The fact that I could actually understand what some of them were saying in German made the episode a bit funnier for me.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

15+ Year Old Account
    Dutch is a very commando-language so it sounds very weird for me. Sounds like everyone is passive aggresive, or angry. And South Park is good at getting that out in the light, but you cant be offended by South Park 'cause they pick on everything out there. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan View Post
    Dutch is a very commando-language so it sounds very weird for me. Sounds like everyone is passive aggresive, or angry. And South Park is good at getting that out in the light, but you cant be offended by South Park 'cause they pick on everything out there. :P
    Dutch =/= Deutsch = German

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Dutch =/= Deutsch = German
    Did I mispell something? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan View Post
    Did I mispell something? :S
    No, it's just that you spoke of Dutch, which is the language of the Netherlands, not Germany.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    No, it's just that you spoke of Dutch, which is the language of the Netherlands, not Germany.
    That is one massive blooper. My bad. I didnt mean that of course :P

Deleted
    I am german and had a very hard time understanding it. Without the subtitles i'd have been completely lost.