Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    51 Truegold sitting in my bags. Hoping to hit 100 before 4.2 patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    What recipes will use Truegold in 4.2? Is it only the BS weapons? Because to unlock those vendors you will have to do the dailies for quite a while. So there will be no immediate demand for Truegold.
    BS weapons and armors, and Engineering for sure.

Personally stockpiling Truegold (noone buys it anyway atm. Too easy to get 353 epix). Orbs... is something else. Have like 5 or something; but truegold? ~90-100ish atm, with 3 transmute masters buffing the stack.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

I'm contemplating using my stockpile to keep prices low on my server hehe.

Home you guys are right. I bought about 30 yesterday and will buy up a few more over the next week.

Yes, stockpile. Once the new recipes are becomming more common good the demand for those awesome crafted weapons are going to skyrocket like crazy. And with that, Truegold will skyrocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafferen View Post
    BS weapons and armors, and Engineering for sure.

Personally stockpiling Truegold (noone buys it anyway atm. Too easy to get 353 epix). Orbs... is something else. Have like 5 or something; but truegold? ~90-100ish atm, with 3 transmute masters buffing the stack.

the orbs are not going to be soulbound after 4.2. I wonder what the price is going to be for those when people start selling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago858 View Post
    the orbs are not going to be soulbound after 4.2. I wonder what the price is going to be for those when people start selling them.
    We don't know if Orbs are going to become unbound with 4.2, we just know that they will be unbound in the future. They're still BoP on the PTR.

Deleted
    ill stack up to 200 in the next week;
    the recipes are just too good to miss that

I now have 50, buying everything below 700g at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago858 View Post
    Still Bop on ptr so unlikely to be unbound for 4.2 this late.

OT I dont really see where this "demand" will come for the new BS weapons. The plans will take like 1-2 months just to unlock, even for someone doing the dailies everyday. By that time anyone who is into raiding will likely have something from Firelands and anyone who isn't into raiding is unlikely to cash out big for these weapons. Hell if this season if anything to go by, then in the 4-8 weeks it will take to unlock the patterns, these possible buyers could have done arena each week and bought a pvp weapon (although that may have changed. I did notice something about earning a minimum number of points in the season before being able to purchase weapons). The only people I can see buying these items are people with more money than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    OT I dont really see where this "demand" will come for the new BS weapons. The plans will take like 1-2 months just to unlock, even for someone doing the dailies everyday. By that time anyone who is into raiding will likely have something from Firelands and anyone who isn't into raiding is unlikely to cash out big for these weapons. Hell if this season if anything to go by, then in the 4-8 weeks it will take to unlock the patterns, these possible buyers could have done arena each week and bought a pvp weapon (although that may have changed. I did notice something about earning a minimum number of points in the season before being able to purchase weapons). The only people I can see buying these items are people with more money than sense.
    How do you get 1-2 months. Everyone keeps saying 1 month but I don't get it. To unlock phase to, you need 20 marks. That 5 days (4 per day), at which point you can gather 14 marks per day so its 9 more days to unlock the recipe's.

depending on what people chose but id give 2 weeks for first recipes and 3-4 weeks to have everything unlocked, im stockìling some truegold to make things and to sell it =P

are there embers on your servers?

have yet to see 1 ember for sale on my server. In a progression guild, sitting right now as they work on rag. So guild has some embers, but we have 3 patterns from trash, and all the truegold cooldowns we could ever hope to need to actually utilize the limited embers available.

To all those expecting to somehow own the market on truegold, I hope you have a better plan than puggers suddenly running around with embers needing your truegold.

and that it happens before alchs overwhelm your capacity to stockpile.

Weapons do not require embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Weapons do not require embers.
    Ah, I see.

I was only thinking of 378 gear. Hopefully there is a big market of people willing to pay 10-15k for a 365 but not 30-40k for a 378. Given the HUGE rush to stockpile truegold, hopefully a very very big demand before prices start to slide.

A lot will depend on your realms progression and general skill level. My realm was near the bottom of the progression list in 4.0/4.1. This means two things: Living Embers will be not available for a long time and there will be demand for the 365 weapons, since not many people will have seen 378 weapons drop in the first month. Even if it is very easy now to do the T11 raids, those ilvl 359 still have to drop, and you could spend week after week clearing the places and not seeing what you would want.

If your realm has already dozens of guilds that killed Ragnaros then certainly expect less demand for the ilvl 365 blue weapons.

My realm is fairly low AFAIK.

If anything, leads to more trash runs, with the weapons dropping off that trash, there has not been a single BOE weapon I know of that has not been avail on the AH to anyone with the gold to buy it. around 40-50k so far. I got the caster staff for myself for 45k. the caster offhand on the other hand, still hasnt been seen on AH. given that its a boss drop, Im sure very few exist and all would be quickly taken by those in the group as it is the only offhand I think...