A question about starting areas

So if i were to make a bloodelf and have a friend summon me to a different starting area would i be able to do that starting zone????

10+ Year Old Account
    in the new world im not entirely sure....in the old world it was definitely doable

No, the first quests to get you out of the starting zones are race specific (or have been in the past rather).
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-05-21 at 02:21 AM.

yes you can, I have done it on many toons.
    Race specific quests are VERY rare now.

Deleted
    As long as you don't have a certain rep lvl for those races (I think it's honored) you can do quests in starting zones (unless they are specific for one race like some drainei/blood elf quests)

Non-Worgen/Goblin, yeah. Though the initial level 1-2 quests are racial bound.

Question is, why would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Non-Worgen/Goblin, yeah. Though the initial level 1-2 quests are racial bound.

I only level horde toons in the orc or troll area, and alliance toons in human or nelf area...
    I don't like any of the other starting zones...
    I've had my brother hop on his rocket and fly a dwarf to stormwind for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

i want a bloodelf but i dont want to do there starting zone becuase ive done it a million times

I think you can take Blood Elves and Draenei to the Vanilla starting zones, but not nice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post-Cata, you'd be best off finishing Sunstrider Isle before running to the other racial starting zone. You can still do the other races' quests, but there are one or two chains per race that are race-locked, or were pre-4.1 (haven't leveled a fresh alt since 4.1)
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    So if i were to make a bloodelf and have a friend summon me to a different starting area would i be able to do that starting zone????
    In old versions of WoW you had to do specific quests early on to get your first abilities, like your first imp. This was too complex for 5 year olds so they took it out of the game and made beginning quests optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin/Worgen no

Anything else, yes