Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hi, I'm the tank.

Hello guys I'm the tank. Here are the list of duties I am to perform to make your run as smooth as possible.

- I will keep aggro from the mean dragons that intend to harm you.

- If you happen to by mistake pull a mob, I will automatically come to your rescue. I will not leave you to die to make you "learn". I am your protecter. Not your gatekeeper from life or death.

- I will give you helpful advice when needed.

- I will CC any targets that I think may pose a threat to our pull.

- I believe this is a team effort.

- I will check blue bars after every pull to make sure no one is OOM. If someone is OOM I will wait by there side to drink... even if its a dps.

- If you happen to be rude to me in any way during a run by saying "gogogogogo" or insulting my skill as a tank, then I will ask you politely to stop. If you continue to insult me, I will then assume that you're having a rough day and completely ignore you while I listen to some Iron Maiden. I will not hold anything against you and continue to move on and finish the instance to get the job done.

- I will stand by the group no matter how many times we fail. The job needs to get done.

- I will not quit unless its a RL reason.

- If you happen to contantly pull aggro from me by spamming aoe such as Howling Blast before I hit thunderclap, I will be okay with it. I will keep taunting mobs off of you no matter what it takes. Its my job. I am your safeguard.

- If you decide to pull a mob on purpose or by mistake, I will always defend you no matter what the motive was.

- I will take any negitive criticism. I am a tank both in game and in RL. I am solid mentally. I will not be emotionally disturbed by negative comments.

- I have thick skin.

- I am confident in my ability to tank.

- I will always try to "gear up" for cataclysm normals once I hit 80. I will find a blacksmith immediately and upgrade all of my gear. As I level to 85, if I feel that I am undergeared, I will stop gaining exp and gear up before I move to the next level. I do not want to be a burden to the success of the group.

- If an argument arises within the group, I will not take sides even if I do agree with one side. I will try to keep everyone together to get the job done.

- If you decide to roll need on tank gear for an OS, I will be okay with this. Gear is not my motive to play this game. It helps, but its not what makes WoW great. Also, I do not want to start a "gear fight" in the middle of the instance. My bickering will not help the job get done. It'll only impede its progress or even terminate it.

- If the group decides to kick me for whatever reason, I will move on and not be discouraged from using the LFD. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

/bow

Your protector wishes to serve you.
    Wotlk is the best expansion WoW ever had. GO SHARKS!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

has to be a troll, does such a tank exist?

Look, we get it you're a sentinel. That also makes you sounds a bit pompous and pious. How about just adding : doing your job and keeping your mouth shut, a rule too.

I honestly think it needs to be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

I like this guy, I pretty much do that too. Good stuff.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    I've seen a few.... but it may have been a bad acid trip
    Last edited by Wuzemu; 2011-05-21 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added quote

Dude.... what you be smoking? I want some.

I tank plenty (9/12 atm), 358 ilevel right now, and if there is any one thing that will bug me the most, is somebody in a LFD group saying I do not know my job (especially the DPS). If they feel they can do it better, they can tank the run. I got a Ret Offspec for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    An RP-Troll?

"I'm the tank!"

"You suck!"

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."
    Tank has left the group.
    My characters -
    Furrfettish - Rivendare (Tauren Blood DK) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fettish/simple
    Inashne - Rivendare (Tauren Survival Hunter) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Inashne/simple
    Furreals - Crushridge (Worgen Protection Warrior) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urreals/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    Aye, I be that kind o' a tank.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't them pulling for you pretty much be the same thing as them say "Gogogogogo"?

If only tanks like this existed...............^2
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

Deleted
    Exception that proves the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    That also makes you sounds a bit pompous and pious.
    I'm not sure you know what those words mean. Of the 5 merriam-webster definitions for pious, 2 of them are religious, 1 is insulting but clearly not true, and the other two are compliments, but clearly not your intent.

And there's nothing pompous about virtue, and attempting to be a beacon in a dark land. Being pompous implies an attitude of self-given superiority, which if you read what he said, is clearly not the case.

The pompous tanks are the ones who AREN'T behaving like this fellow. Perhaps you've seen them. Presumably, you are one (if you tank).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now tank, the names Apathy

Lets be friends!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Dude.... what you be smoking? I want some.

I tank plenty (9/12 atm), 358 ilevel right now, and if there is any one thing that will bug me the most, is somebody in a LFD group saying I do not know my job (especially the DPS). If they feel they can do it better, they can tank the run. I got a Ret Offspec for a reason.

I dont get it. Why would dps moan if you aren't failing badly?

Deleted
    I do the same on my paladin unless I'm in a really bad mood, but generally I'm not ^^. I don't really do dungeons or pve outside of raids on my main anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwar View Post
    If only tanks like this existed...............^2
    Then start tanking and be that tank.

Deleted
    I wish I could still think like that I've grown bitter after two/three years of tanking in LFD. When someone is rude I just try to vote-kick them without a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aji View Post
    I wish I could still think like that I've grown bitter after two/three years of tanking in LFD. When someone is rude I just try to vote-kick them without a warning.
    That's the main reason I use vote kick. Rude people. You see, by not kicking them, I'm telling them there's no punishment for being rude and it's perfectly okay to be that way. I don't want to portray that message, so i kick them.

I can deal with bad players who die a lot so long as they aren't so bad that we literally are not able to finish the dungeon as long as they are in it.

There's no way I would ever do half of these things on my tank.

I pretty much do that, except the waiting for mana thing for DPS.
    Most DPS have certain ways of regaining their mana through some ability and just going ahead with trash is actually faster than waiting on that 1 mage that blows through his manapool every pack. Bosses are something else of course.