Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Im pretty sure rating IS a tool used to determine how good someone is. But you keep on trolling Nick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    Then why the class represention in the top teams and at high end arena is so low compared to other classes like : rshamans , warriors , dk's ?.

Paladin is the class which requires so much less skills compared to other classes and now S9 for once u guys refering to all the holy paladins , rets have to be pushing your skills more than others and therefore u got rights to call who is op and who is not huh? My friend who played Ret paladin in WOTLK he was clicker he didnt know anything about arenas and yet he was stomping people just because he was running Paladin dont think ur playing the hardest class of all or just because ur class is tuned down ur someting better than pile of pixels by the name Obelodalix.

Im 2K rated player nothing big nothing small but then again who are you? some 3K rated who thinks hes holding the world in his hands or wut?.

Rating means nothing these days and people who take rating as a factor deciding how good someone is are definately stupid.
    I'll ignore your comments on the paladin class simply because I need not argue with someone like you, for the sake of my mental well-beeing.

This is bugging me far too much, though - if rating doesn't mean anything, has it ever? And if you don't take that as one of the only things you factor in to judge wether or not someone is good, what do you take into account? His most prestigious raid title on their armory page? Please, I refuse to think someone can be that stubborn and unwilling to admit they are just absurdly biased towards their own class and not made for arena, (argueably) the only challanging aspect of this game.

Yea im biased towards my class you totally nailed that one because its 100% truth. But what i meant to say by saying they got T11 heroics etc is that they have the gear avalible to be running at top raids PVE is easy u just need the gear nothing more rest is 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 spellsteal the boss buffs move away from fire gj u done it. While PVP is alot more harder and challenging therefore Rating is harder to be achieved than getting full 12/12 cleared or getting 25 man heroic. Yet in arena u can get boosted easy familiar to PVE in getting ur stuff but in PVE is easier because its 10man, 25 man. While in PVP u get carried by either 1 or 2 players so they have to work alot more than in PVE 24 people carrying 1 person.

In the end of the day even i who dont enjoy doing PVE and have no PVE gear at all can be running at top raids and getting best items simply because i know people who can carry me and therefore legendary items are a a joke in the first place because they are easy obtainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hornyangel,
    I find it unlikely that your "friends" would be willing to carry you through raids to get you the staff, I'm sure there's a lot of casters in their guild who can use that staff, I'd be willing to bet that a healer would get it for offspec before they got it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    @Hornyangel,
    I find it unlikely that your "friends" would be willing to carry you through raids to get you the staff, I'm sure there's a lot of casters in their guild who can use that staff, I'd be willing to bet that a healer would get it for offspec before they got it for you.
    They are not just "friends" they are IRL friends who i have known from since i was 10 but thats not the point it still comes down to the fact that Legendary Items are to easy to be achieved and should not be in the "PVE" section they should be put into super-hard Quest which involves both PVP and PVE part.

Deleted
    Yeah, PvP legendaries, the shear amount of PvE kids whining that they had to PvP to max out their PvE damage/healer/avoidance/whatever would probably be enough for me to quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    it still comes down to the fact that Legendary Items are to easy to be achieved and should not be in the "PVE" section they should be put into super-hard Quest which involves both PVP and PVE part.
    I'm sorry, how many Legendary weapons have you gotten that were relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    I'm sorry, how many Legendary weapons have you gotten that were relevant?
    Lemme answer that. The answer is 0 (zero). Now let me elaborate on that answer. It's far too easy to obtain a legendary so there was no point in him even bothering with it. And, while we are on the subject of "far too easy", it's also far too easy to obtain 3k rating therefore he is not stuck at 2k, but he just stopped trying, because it's far too easy.

It's ridiculous how self indulgent hornyangel is. He actually honestly thinks that he would be the first (even third would be a stretch) person in line for the legendary in a guild where he, by his own words, has no participation in the pve aspect of the game, just because they are his friends. So, hornyangel, you are saying that them being your friends means that 24 people should work their butts off on your whim, so you can break 2.2k rating? How self serving can you get.. Let me give you a suggestion, don't even think of asking for a legendary. If your friends have any semblance of a spine, they will see through your selfish intentions and motives and you not only lose any chance on legendary that you may have had, but you may even jeopardize your friendship with them. You may think this is ridiculous, but your actions often have more meaning than you think.
    Last edited by Fichek; 2011-05-21 at 03:49 PM.

all remember the GOOD OLD DAYS of vanilla with all the pompyro/doubletrinketing/arcanepower oneshoting people??? HELL YEAH, bout time to have the same fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    Whether it does or it doesn't is a moot point, because either road is going to cause massive waves of QQ (just like everything else in the game does).

It works : "OMG MAGES ARE WAY TOO OP BLIZZ THEY DOUBLE CRIT ME FOR MY HEALTH IN ONE HIT WTF THNX!"

It doesn't work : "OMG BLIZZ I SPENT SO MUCH EFFORT TO GET THIS STAFF AND I CAN'T PVP WITH IT WTF SHADOWMOURNE WORKED THIS IS SO UNFAIR AND YOU HATE CASTERS SO I'M QUITTING NOW KTHXBAI!"

See. Either way you slice it, whining will ensue. Yay for more whining! : /
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Blizzard aren't going to make it so that Dragonwrath will be disabled in arena, I'm sure they'll just try and make it so it won't be ridiculously overpowered. Emphasis on the word 'try'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rytog347 View Post
    Blizzard aren't going to make it so that Dragonwrath will be disabled in arena, I'm sure they'll just try and make it so it won't be ridiculously overpowered. Emphasis on the word 'try'.
    A start would be to double the % chance to proc and instead having it do 50% damage of the spell. Or some other proper number, its the same damage in the end instead of retarded 50k+ hits in 1 cast.

And yeah, on topic, the proc should be, and probably will be, banned from arena. The stats alone on the legendary are a massive boost by themselves over anything else obtainable through pve or pvp. That proc is so over the top when compared to Shadowmourne and Warglaives. Doing x% more dmg for a set amount of time, as it was the case with Shadowmourne and Warglaive procs, is nothing compared to 2x dmg on hard hitting magic attack in an instant. Even though Blizzard said they are trying to move away from "burst gameplay" when it comes to arena, nothing significant has changed come Cataclysm. You still need to burst down your opponents in order to win and that proc is the epitome of burst! I'm sure people at Blizzard are well aware of it and will do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Lemme answer that. The answer is 0 (zero). Now let me elaborate on that answer. It's far too easy to obtain a legendary so there was no point in him even bothering with it. And, while we are on the subject of "far too easy", it's also far too easy to obtain 3k rating therefore he is not stuck at 2k, but he just stopped trying, because it's far too easy.

It's ridiculous how self indulgent hornyangel is. He actually honestly thinks that he would be the first (even third would be a stretch) person in line for the legendary in a guild where he, by his own words, has no participation in the pve aspect of the game, just because they are his friends. So, hornyangel, you are saying that them being your friends means that 24 people should work their butts off on your whim, so you can break 2.2k rating? How self serving can you get.. Let me give you a suggestion, don't even think of asking for a legendary. If your friends have any semblance of a spine, they will see through your selfish intentions and motives and you not only lose any chance on legendary that you may have had, but you may even jeopardize your friendship with them. You may think this is ridiculous, but your actions often have more meaning than you think.
    First of all im not stuck at 2K rating i just canceled my subscription after seeing the 4.2 Mage undeserved nerfs and decided to give a little break to WoW untill things sort out.

I have helped my friends also boosted them countless times in other games such as Wc3, LoL, SC2 u name it so they do the same for me u might find it strange but thats how good friends we actually are.

I have never obtained a legendary weapon because i either couldnt or didnt find it cool to faceroll people just because i wear a specific item they cant have. Of course this thinking fastly changed after being roflstomped by all the shadowmourne teams who absolute 0 arena experience yet facerolling at 2.2k rating just because wearing someting others cant.

So legendary item in Cata appears to be STAFF that just gives me a motive to get revenge on all these people i stated above who were ruining the game.

I appreciate ur concerne about my gaming life but relax i've got it all planned like usually im true gamer im good at anything and can do anything i set up on my mind no matter what it is ( might sound a little biase) but thats reality have a nice day.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    s8 tsg made me wana delete wow from my pc. so im just gona grind to 2.2k b4 anyone gets a chance to get the staff and ill sit on it. like a boss.

then again next season alot more people will be doing rbgs because of the conquest cap changes. so maybe you'll see a bunch of pve heroes with their legendaries backpedaling their way to death in twin peaks.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-05-21 at 05:32 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Stop theQQ the proc wont be freakishly often. Yes itll be amazing for pvp but so will HM end boss weps. Nothin new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifteez View Post
    Stop theQQ the proc wont be freakishly often. Yes itll be amazing for pvp but so will HM end boss weps. Nothin new here.
    so when you eat two 50k arcane blasts in a row next season i dont want to see you on the forums whining about it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by lifteez View Post
    Uh HM weapons are basically the same thing as Tier 2 pvp weapons. Blizzard really seems to have wanted to push PVE gear out of PVP this expansion by making resilience king. BC and wrath was litered with teams having crazy advantages due to PVE gear, but now there's no way you can even wear the best PVE gear w/o getting laughed out (excluding trinkets/weapons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not like everyone will be running around with this staff. Even some people that get the staff won't want to PvP and if they do will do it in full PvE gear.

Didn't blizzard remove the ability to use legendary's in arena ?