Need help with a macro

Hey, I need help with a macro that does this:

With normal keypress, heals me with riptide, with shift it heals party1 and with ctrl it heals party2.

If one of you Guru's could help me with this it would be much appreciated

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2][@player] Riptide

If, for example, you bind this macro to 1, make sure you don't have Shift+1 or Ctrl+1 bound to another actionbar slot or the macro won't work. Keybinds take preference over modifiers.

Thank you so much!

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 02:22 PM ----------

/cast [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2][@player] Riptide

This worked for healing me, but didn't heal my partner in arena. Am I doing something wrong? I have unbound all the ctrl and shift modifier keys aswell.
    Last edited by Fraiche; 2011-05-21 at 02:25 PM.

Would help if you could post what sort of error message you're getting. Does the icon of the ability change to the red ? while holding Shift or Ctrl? Do you get an error message in your chat log in yellow or up in the usual errors spot (upper middle of screen in red), and what does it say? Or are there no errors and it just doesn't work...?

It's remotely possible you need to change party to raid, but I'd doubt it. I'd get on to check but I just noticed that my iPhone ran out of batteries and I can't access my authenticator. D: It's bedtime for me anyway though, so hopefully somebody will figure out what's going wrong.

/cast [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][@player] Riptide

Can try this out, but I think the party should've worked just as well. Did you copy and paste the macro Renowned made, or did you attempt to type it out yourself? (CTRL+V will allow you to paste in wow)

Ye I copy, pasted it and I converted to raid.
    Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    /cast [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][@player] Riptide
    If I'm not mistaken, arenaN is the Nth arena enemy target.

If it's still not working... Just to clear up any possible problem, you're dragging the icon from your macro list onto your bars and not just typing it in but leaving the original ability on your bars, right? Perhaps an addon is messing with it, if not I really have no idea why it wouldn't work.