Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Has Blizzard forgotten about PVP?

Is it me or does anyone else think that they are completely ignoring PVP contents? Loads of new raids, new dungeons and hell even new quest chains for PVE but for PVP, what do we get? nothing. New tier is cool and all but hey, we are still stuck with the same bgs and arenas. Personally I would love to see new quests to kill alliance/horde npcs in specific cities or even killing X amount of players in a day to get certain rewards. Also someone mentioned "Bounty System" a while back which I thought was an amazing idea.

I'm not qqing, I'm just sick and tired of doing the same thing OVER AND OVER again. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetowns View Post
    Is it me or does anyone else think that they are completely ignoring PVP contents? Loads of new raids, new dungeons and hell even new quest chains for PVE but for PVP, what do we get? nothing. New tier is cool and all but hey, we are still stuck with the same bgs and arenas. Personally I would love to see new quests to kill alliance/horde npcs in specific cities or even killing X amount of players in a day to get certain rewards. Also someone mentioned "Bounty System" a while back which I thought was an amazing idea.

I'm not qqing, I'm just sick and tired of doing the same thing OVER AND OVER again. Any thoughts?
    So you want a new battleground per patch/second patch?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    theyre main focus is pve. kinda sucks since my college schedule makes raiding impossible atm, all i can do is pvp.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

after being dropped from major league gaming tournys, is wow even in one anymore?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    So you want a new battleground per patch/second patch?
    in reality how hard would it be to make another AB or WSG style map compared to a whole raid content patch?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I couldn't agree more. But it seems like blizzard give people what they want the most. And what people want the most is seemingly PvE content. Well at least there is more people who want PvE content then PvP.
    I'd love to have something that would flame up the world PvP, such as a "Bounty System" or a world pvp ranking system (Same ranking system as in vanilla but other titles).

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetowns View Post

bounty system would be ill. there was something like that on Skullcrusher-US last summer and it was alotta fun.

although theyre simply remakes of the old BGS, we did get new bgs...

Hasn't warcraft always been a primarily PvE game? Didn't they have raids and dungeons and things for months and months before releasing the very first battleground?

Deleted
    /agree alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Blizzard has forgotten about PvP when most nerfs for PvE damage comes from the PvP side of WoW. Just take a look at DKs xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Hasn't warcraft always been a primarily PvE game? Didn't they have raids and dungeons and things for months and months before releasing the very first battleground?
    Yeh it has been primarily a PvE game, and the BG's first took places months after the release. But as of today it's also one of the biggest PvP mmorpg games. If not the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat_lewtz View Post
    bounty system would be ill. there was something like that on Skullcrusher-US last summer and it was alotta fun.

although theyre simply remakes of the old BGS, we did get new bgs...
    We also had something like that on my realm. Loved it, tho it didn't last that very long since the guy who had a bounty on him decided not to log in or stay in the capital city.

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mewmew111 View Post
    Yes Blizzard has forgotten about PvP when most nerfs for PvE damage comes from the PvP side of WoW. Just take a look at DKs xD.
    It's not about that they are forgetting to balance the classes in PvP. It's the lack of content that we are reciving. That we have to look at the same old boring farm with a little house for years now. While PvE players get new some new content to rest their eyes upon at least every 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    in reality how hard would it be to make another AB or WSG style map compared to a whole raid content patch?
    well if they just shoved out some clone or slight variation people would complain. people complain about everything! seems like they have their hands full with having to "balance" classes for pvp everytime new content comes out lol. who knows maybe if people write to them enough theyll consider it. youre right it cant be as time consuming as making a full on raid. but my guess is it would take a bit of time to ensure that it's fresh and different enough that it would be worth it.
    Last edited by AmberJoy; 2011-05-21 at 05:59 PM.

The buggy nature and poorly thought-out nature of all the new PVP content shows how half-baked their efforts in pvp were in Cata...

It's embarrassingly bad, so the answer is likely YES!

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they could do more with the Nagrand/Gurubashi Arena's like with more PVP oriented daily's and something that would give you like 10-20% more honor for killing the opposing faction in the arena or there home city's, hell they can even add more arena's around the world there's so much potential with those arena's

PVP is a small bunch so they only add very little because very little play it. And they remember you guys all the damn time when more the 50% of the damn nerfs going around are to baby the little PVP crowd getting hit to hard.

Deleted
    Compared to other MMO's I think you can be glad Blizz even gives the PvP base new content. You should be thankfull of Blizz insted of blaming them.

Please, just not a map like Gilneas. Gilneas is HORRIBLE. One little mistake can ruin the whole game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    Oh yes, people wouldn't QQ about more new battlegrounds with the same objectives as the ones already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalix View Post
    You just got three new BG's?
    We just got 2 remade bg's.
    Just as you got two remade dungeons between your new raid dungeon...

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Hopefully yes.

More raids, more dungeons, more content is how the game was designed from day one, and how it should of stayed.
    But still they added PvP, battlegrounds, ranking system, arenas. Just because you want it to be a PvE game doesn't make it a PvE game. Blizzard started the PvP long ago and it's not like they are gonna stop all the sudden.