settings reset themselves?

anyone else have the problem where every few days some of their settings reset themselves? I am talking about things like autoloot, raid frame settings, map size etc. every few days I login and have to reclick autoloot and the other settings. it is annoying and I cannot figure out why it is happening. I deleted WTF but it did not help. Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

do you stay on all day and crash and /or shut off your comp w/o logging off?

lol ,mine has been doing it aswell, even when I just do a restart of the game.. Not only that, lately it DC's me when i just do a simple relog to go on a different character 0_-

i shut down normally without logging off. i very rarely crash while playing wow.

Deleted
    Check if you've got full permissions on your WTF folder. If you WoW install is inside C:\Program Files[ (x86)], move it out of there.

thank you for help treeston...sorry to bother you but how would i find out if i do have permissions? where do you suggest I move the wow install to?

Quote Originally Posted by crocodylus View Post
    i shut down normally without logging off. i very rarely crash while playing wow.
    Changes only apply if you log out of the game. If you dc from wow, alt+f4, turn your comp off while you're still logged in, or anything like that, will make you lose your changes.

i was not very clear sorry, i log out of wow normally , I meant to do not logout of windows to change users.

I think treeson has alerted me to something which may cause this problem. my wow folder is not in program files but in users/public/games...

I think i may have to move it but where do most people put it? perhaps in users/myname/games?

Deleted
    Mine's a sub-folder of my D:\ partition (D:\World of Warcraft). For checking permissions:
    1) Right-click your WTF Folder
    2) Properties
    3) Security
    Check for permissions on the Users group.

well i checked and i have full permissions for my wtf folder.

the problem may be because of where my wow folder is located. I do not have a D drive so maybe i will put it in C:\ and see if that helps.

thanks

My autoloot has done it once so far.