Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree. I have lots of feats on my previous main that I'd love to have on my Priest, server first titles etc...

Deleted
    I've always disagreed with the whole "I got it on one character I want it on them all" argument since I believe in character progression. You can spend 6 years playing one character and have alot to show for it or you can change mains every 6 months and have very little. Also you shouldn't be able to dance around in Org with Hand of Adal on a character you made last week, thats just spitting on everyone who got it on their mains a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think account wide achievements should be shared. It's really not that big of a deal anyways, but if you have done it before, why shouldn't it be reflected on all toons? And just so people don't complain about it being "too easy" to get the associated rewards, give the reward to the character you achieved it on. Give the achievement to them all (basically making it kind of a realID based achievement list really) but no reward. If they want the reward, have it sold in a store. Got a free violet proto-drake? Dandy, the next 6 will cost you 3k a pop. Seems fair to me anyhow.

But I really do think just achievements should be based on account though, not character. Everything else though, shouldn't be free. Either you pay for it if it was a reward, or you go hunt it down if it was a drop.

Edit: Not sure about titles though. That's a tough one, just giving those out to all toons is stupid if you ask me, but making someone pay gold for them is pretty dumb too. So titles kind of mess things up.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    Actually that isn't true aswell.

You think the financial department got worried when they calculated they had -600k subs. (9million dollars/month). I'm pretty sure they are working constantly on a strategy where they can improve the lust to play on wow. And if you don't think they got scared, they instantly said, patches and content will come much faster. When did blizzard ever say that before? When they were gaining playerbase? They want you to play!

However, it's all speculating...every opinion here is always different, this is just mine.

Edit: Take Diablo III, you rly think they still working on it? I'm pretty sure it's done for 85-90%. Yet, they will stall the release. They HAVE to push all the milk out of World of Warcraft. Can't blame them. Money is money.
    I think he actually meant... hmm well lets use an analogy.

You go to an all you can eat restaurant. It's $15 for your meal, all you can eat. If one plate full of food cost $10 to make, and you ate 3 plates, suddenly that restaurant isn't making money off you anymore. This is of course an exaggeration, because we all know all you can eat buffets buy the cheapest food in the world. So a full play is probably like $3 in reality. That's how they make their money.

Basically, if our $15 a month was enough to pay for whatever bandwidth (or whatever the word is, I'm not that big on... networks/servers? I guess? Idk.) an average player would end up using, but you play 4 times as much as the average player you're technically using $60 worth of bandwidth, but only paying $15. Blizzard loses $45 on you.
    Last edited by Jeffyjimbob; 2011-05-22 at 08:27 AM.

I think he actually meant... hmm well lets use an analogy.

You go to an all you can eat restaurant. It's $15 for your meal, all you can eat. If one plate full of food cost $10 to make, and you ate 3 plates, suddenly that restaurant isn't making money off you anymore. This is of course an exaggeration, because we all know all you can eat buffets buy the cheapest food in the world. So a full play is probably like $3 in reality. That's how they make their money.

Basically, if our $15 a month was enough to pay for whatever bandwidth (or whatever the word is, I'm not that big on... networks/servers? I guess? Idk.) an average player would end up using, but you play 4 times as much as the average player you're technically using $60 worth of bandwidth, but only paying $15. Blizzard loses $45 on you.
    The principal of your idea is good. But we all know it doesn't cost them more than they earn. But your idea can be compared. Anyhow. If i was CEO and i see (let's take the half of 600k users income) (4,5million dollars +/- pure profit) Why would they be in a hurry? Would you?

Let's say right after you read this, you go check your bankaccount. You see that you have been deposited 4million a month for the last 3-4years and suddenly it goes to 3million. You wouldn't look for the reason? + what if, you would know at certain point your income of 4million a month would stop, (while having a joker card in your hand ( diablo III, Patches, etc...)..wouldn't you try to stall and keep that 1st income of 4mil. as long as possible.

Money wise, they are and they will. Every company does it. Just try to feel as a small puppy getting feed once in a while by your mom. That's what they do with us they give us a patch and feed us so we keep quiet for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    The principal of your idea is good. But we all know it doesn't cost them more than they earn. But your idea can be compared. Anyhow. If i was CEO and i see (let's take the half of 600k users income) (4,5million dollars +/- pure profit) Why would they be in a hurry? Would you?

Let's say right after you read this, you go check your bankaccount. You see that you have been deposited 4million a month for the last 3-4years and suddenly it goes to 3million. You wouldn't look for the reason? + what if, you would know at certain point your income of 4million a month would stop, (while having a joker card in your hand ( diablo III, Patches, etc...)..wouldn't you try to stall and keep that 1st income of 4mil. as long as possible.

Money wise, they are and they will. Every company does it. Just try to feel as a small puppy getting feed once in a while by your mom. That's what they do with us they give us a patch and feed us so we keep quiet for a while.
    Well yea, I didn't mean we could possibly make them go broke by playing too much lol. I highly doubt anyone has played enough WoW to make blizzard lose that $15 a month, and lived to talk about it. I really doubt it's humanly possible to play that much lol. You'd end up dying from not eating/sleeping/whatever before that'd happen.

But I'm sure they do lose some profit the more we play, just not all of it or enough to go into the negatives. Probably like 2-3$ at most. I do however agree with what you have said though, I was just confused by your post, so I thought you were mislead by who you had quoted.

Something like Having ONE of every class on the same server at X lvl would be neat. or all of one race maxed. If i get the ravenlord on one should they all get cred? HELL NO not even for cash. That kinda defeats the point of doing the crap.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    It's a good idea absolutely, but wouldn't that mean that all your alts would get rare mounts as well as your main? That gives you a feat of strength.

Deleted
    Meh.
    It'd be weird seeing a lvl 1 char with Realm First! anything or the Camel-Hoarder title or anything like that.
    But on the other hand a few of those feats would be really nice to have.
    Don't know.

I say FoS, unobtainable titles and mounts are all vanity that don't need to be account wide. I have 26 FoS and an unobtainable mount/title that I wouldn't want on my alts because it defeats the purpose in a sense.... Not to mention that for most FoS, the idea doesn't even make sense. There's no reason to give an alt a mount or title they weren't there to get. Even if you got it on a main. Also like reputation FoS, what's the point? There is no point to it being account wide.

You have it on one toon, that makes it more valuable from my PoV.

Lol@ the idea of level one Dragonslayers, and others Realm First! titles. It's so stupid.

Vanity doesn't deserve to be spread.
    Last edited by Posi; 2011-05-22 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Invincible, because everyone wants a horse you can't see

Deleted
    I think that they should be account-wide. However, there should be a clear difference between a FoS earned by a different character and a FoS earned by the actual character, for example the Arena Rank 1 FoS.

agree.. I really don't wanna reroll cause of all achievements i accomplished on my main

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Well yea, I didn't mean we could possibly make them go broke by playing too much lol. I highly doubt anyone has played enough WoW to make blizzard lose that $15 a month, and lived to talk about it. I really doubt it's humanly possible to play that much lol. You'd end up dying from not eating/sleeping/whatever before that'd happen.

But I'm sure they do lose some profit the more we play, just not all of it or enough to go into the negatives. Probably like 2-3$ at most. I do however agree with what you have said though, I was just confused by your post, so I thought you were mislead by who you had quoted.
    At least we get along

Conclusion: I'm a bird being fed by Blizzard. Only problem is the fact that i'm lately getting the same food over and over again. It's not an all you can eat place anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolldruid View Post
    I came up with this a few days ago so hear me out. Lets say you're one of the guys that don't want to switch your main toon because you have done so much on him(titles/feat of strength) Blizzard could implement a system so that if you gain a feat of strength on a character that will then go over to any existing characters as well as new toon's.

Lets say you got champion of ulduar or the immortal, now when you make a new toon you wont get those right away but you have to be the appropriate level to use it (lvl 80) Same goes for scarab lord (lvl 60). When some people make new characters they want everything to be fresh and new and have zero achivement's but since most feats of strength are not obtainable anymore this system would be kinda good. As for mounts they could make that account wide as well but maybe not mounts that are still obtainable.
    Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Mounts, Titles and all achievements should be BOA. imho

I, the player, earned it. The toon i get it with is just a toon, i have 10 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I already leveled to level 85 on my character, levels should be BoA too!
    That's different

Deleted
    Blizzard should just change the concept where all your toons are separate.

make acounts like on ur b.net friend list with nick of the player and toon that he is playing

only then they will be able to implement acount achievements witch are asigned to a player not his char
    Last edited by mmocc7ec51ed1c; 2011-05-22 at 10:20 AM.

Deleted
    Agreed. I'd bloody love to have all the stuff of my warlock/mage on my paladin :'

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It'd be nice but if titles transferred too that would become a bit silly. Think suddenly about how many more Battlemasters, Herald of the Titans, Death's Demise you'd see running around. A level 1 newly created running around with Herald would just be ridiculous. Actual achivements? Ok I'll give you that... but titles would not only A) Look silly but B) be silly. That's my only worry.
    I never said people could get those titles at level 1 read my first post again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    The violet and galdiators are 310, you don't have to pay to get 310 on them, so if you have account wide mounts it saves you a TON of money in game.
    Since when is it hard to get gold in this game? Before Wrath, I'd say.

Imagine how not rare your rare mounts and rare titles would be if you actually got account-bound achievements like that. Mostly everyone has at least one toon with Swift White Hawkstrider, or Ravenlord, or etc, etc. I mean really.. /:

The only thing I agree with is the Universal Tab of Achievements idea, showing all achievements earned by your toons.

If i solo'd Kael'Thas and got a phoenix with an FoS, then switched it to another toon(or another class). How would people believe me if i said i solo'd it on my new class that can't solo such stuff?

Sorry, not so good idea.