Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Brink or Portal 2?

I'm not sure which one to get, I have enough money for one and I will more than likely get both of them but i cannot decide which one to get first.

I have watched videos and done research on them both, and I know I will enjoy both, I just can't decide.

Anyone have any info or advice on which to choose? Would be appreciated thanks.

Deleted
    Never heard of Brink,
    Portal 2 was the best game I've ever played,
    I'd say Portal 2, but I am very biased you see.

Portal 2 if you can actually appreciate such a great game. Otherwise, even Terraria would do.

Deleted
    Portal 2 ive heard a lot of bad things about Brink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portal 2, for sure

Deleted
    Portal 2. I heard Brink is not that good...

Deleted
    If you enjoy those type of games, Portal 2 is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    never played brink but portal 2 was great...being called fat for 6 hours from a homicidal robot >.<

" Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to put on a few pounds. "

"Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I’m serious, that’s what it says: A horrible person. We weren’t even testing for that. Don’t let that “horrible person” thing discourage you. It’s just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother’s decision to abandon you on a doorstep."

Deleted
    Portal 2, I bought Brink and tbh, biggest waste of money i've spent :/

Have never played Brink, but have only heard bad things from people I know that own it.

Portal 2 is awesome though!

I have brink, I keep forcing myself to play it in the hope that I will begin to enjoy it, but it is not happening.

I loved both Portal 2's singleplayer and coop, buy it first.

Hmm, seeing how no one so far has said anything good about brink, I'm wondering if this was the best place to post, or if brink is really that bad...

Everyone and their mother's have played Portal 2. Damn amazing game and as an adventure gamer it blew me away. Love puzzles and it was nice to have a puzzle game besides the standard Myst style first person style games and 3rd person styles ala Syberia. It was different and very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Armaggeden View Post
    Hmm, seeing how no one so far has said anything good about brink, I'm wondering if this was the best place to post, or if brink is really that bad...
    Google reviews. They have been quite bad across the board.

OT: Just keep saving for Skyrim!

Deleted
    Honestly, buy something else. Brink was generally considered a huge pile of crap and portal 2 has a campaign that lasts 4 hours to complete on your first playthrough.

Deleted
    portal 2, if you want a fun 6-8 hours.

i really enjoy brink's multiplayer, the bots are giant fails in single player. and i have got 3x as many hours of enjoyment from brink. (compared to P2)

and as for terraria as someone mentioned.... Fantastic way to spend £6, 20% of the price, for 100% of the enjoyment!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare these two games.

Get Portal if you want a great singleplayer/friend experience.
    Get Brink if you want a polished Quake experience.

Brink has no real Solo gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Brink is A great game done poorly, Its like TF2 Capture the flag, protect the citizen etc etc so its played mainly on co-op, but its very buggy and can be really laggy also- but if splash damage keeps with it, it just might turn out OK

Portal 2 is a single player game which IMO belongs in the gaming equivalent of the louvre, its a masterpiece of game making -Just fluent and brilliant with every second you play, fantastic thought out puzzles topped off with more conspiracy theories than JFK and the moon landing combined - PLUS it also has a great Co-op bolted on - But is a little short maybe

Portal all the way

Both games are great but, I'm gonna have to go with portal 2. It's just such a great story.

Deleted
    you can just download portal2 and play the singleplayer, but you have to buy brink if u want to play it online.