Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Coordination
    "hey Joe! You lay there and imma lay here!"

skill
    *lays down*

Anyone with any amount of muscle mass can lay like that long enough for a picture to be taken.
    Also, this belongs in the Fun Stuff forum, because this is not a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well these two guys on the Whyella smoke stacks have just that

Coordination & skill
    Lying on your chest doesn't take coordination or skill. A newborn could do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was coming out of work near perth in a forum (like a miniature shopping centre) and there were three drunks (2 guys and a girl) and one guy wearing a yellow work shirt planked on the counter of a coffeeshop... Closed though, so no amusing sight.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

planking is as dangerous as you want it to be, it's all relative. personally i think it's average entertainment at best, but @ 1:21 into that youtube video made me laugh out loud

Planking is a Sport

Here is the Basics..Notice the word Sport

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it a sport?
    Sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others
    I can see the skill of balancing, but I see no physical exertion.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonypants View Post
    More people have died making macaroni art. Ban macaroni art.
    Too bad what I said was entirely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Planking is a Sport

Here is the Basics..Notice the word Sport

*snip*
    The guy was literally lying in bed and you call it a sport? Just because some people say its a sport does not make it sport. Opening a medicine bottle takes more "skill and coordination" than this.

It's moronic that anyone would think that this "planking" would make them cool; it's depressing that so many do; and it's both hilarious and sad that there actually exists a person trying to argue that it is a sport.

Throw all of these "plankers" into a furnace and the world will be a better place. Perhaps that is what should be made into a sport -- plank burning.
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2011-05-22 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

That guy in Brisbane Planked while drunk.

Imagine if a Formula 1 driver was drunk when driving

He would probably crash too...

P.S Go Mark Webber Spanish GP Tonite

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    is synchronised swimming a sport ?
    Yes it is, and it actually requires TONS of practice, exercise and actual commitment, while planking is something any lazy bum can go out and do whenever he feels like without any significant effort whatsoever.

Deleted
    " I want to be the best planker there is! ".

I laughed, then I cried.

not only is it retarded, but some1 already died for being stupid enough and doing that shit on a hotel balcony and lost balance - humanity...

Synchronised swimming requires a LOT of practice, artistic/dancing/synchronisation skills and impressive physical efforts. Letting the dance part aside, just try and swim upside down for 5 minutes with rare split seconds for breathing. Just to see if it's easy.

Lying still does require ... well ... basic muscles in action for 10 seconds (top) so your buddy takes the picture.

The fact that some people decide to CLIMB to weird heights to take their picture has nothing to do with it. Climbing is a sport. "Planking" isn't.
    Somehow physical activity ? Ok. Without some (basic) muscular effort, you can't do that. But certainly not a sport. Or standing still is a sport, too. And dealing with stairs on a daily basis, oh my ...

People want to plank around ? Good for them, I guess I can understand the fun/weird in that. But don't pretend they're athletes or heroes because they "face danger" omgomgomg.
    Or then you'll have to admit that Darwin Award winners are even more heroic :|
    Last edited by Thrundi; 2011-05-22 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with everything the small minority gets reported on - ffs - take off, leave us aussies alone

Planking is harder than playing a frost mage at least.

seriously though; I don't quite understand the idea of how this is fun. You are lying face down, okay. You do that sleeping occasionally. But no-one talks about how fun it is when you sleep!

/confused
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

It's not a sport. It's a retarded hobby at most.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Survival of the fittest in full swing right there.

we like to have a laugh, planking is so stupid that its funny, calling it a sport is also funny. besides its hardly called a sport here, you have to be australian.

it requires the skill of being able to get into planking positions while drunk enough to consider planking

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)
    It seems that the definition of "sport" lost much of its sense recently...
    Banana phone
    I've got this feeling, so appealing,
    for us to get together and sing. Sing!