Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

MageManaBar: New Arcane Mana Management Mod

Hi everyone. I'm the creator of the mod "CombustionHelper" - which is considered standard for many Fire Mages today. I thought it might be a good idea to submit my work to the wonderful mages hanging here.

MageManaBar is an improved Mana Bar Addon for Arcane Mages

It's purpose is provide Arcane Mages an invaluable tool, assisting in Managing and Tracking everything related to Mana.

Some players currently do this by simply watching their standard unitframes, or by customizing things like ICEhud. Some of these approaches work 'ok', but there's room for much improvement because they weren't created with Arcane Mages in mind.

This mod is made by a Mage, specifically with Arcane Mages in mind. Here are some features so far:

- The mod always displays your real Mana, ignoring temporary +int buffs which distort your current Mana % (on standard unitframes), such as Darkmoon Card, Engineering Gloves, Tailor Cape.
    - Markers for evocation, mana gem, flame Orb and arcane torrent.
    - Marker showing "Next Mage Armor Tick". Visually shows you how much Mana the next Mage Armor tick will give you. (Aka so you can avoid wasting mana by going over 100%)
    - Cooldowns displayed for various abilities: Evocation, Mana Gem, Mage Armor (ticks)
    - Mana overflow warning when you're about to loose mana due to int temp buff running out.
    - Advanced customization options so you can make it the way you want.

Download link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gemanabar.aspx

Comments and feedback can be made here or at the Curse Page linked above. I will be checking both.

Thanks for you time.
    Last edited by mmoc5c7403561b; 2011-07-16 at 08:26 AM.

creative, will look into later. right now i am tired

Just wondering, how do you display/modify the visual frame and change setting? Also, thanks for the mod, saw it on EJ and it's been extreamly usefull.
    Loevty, Level 85 Troll Mage | Khazuals 2004-2011

15+ Year Old Account
    So basically it's to make arcane mages even easier? Damn.

glad to see you're expanding =]

will try this out for this coming week of raiding.

can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    So basically it's to make arcane mages even easier? Damn.
    No, it's to give arcane more info so they can make better decisions.

OT: So.. uhm.. It didn't show anything, then I read curse and it said to use /run MageManaBarBgFrame:ClearAllPoints() MageManaBarBgFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",0,0). But is there any way to resize this?

I'll try it out this week, but I really dislike it so incredibly big:P
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2011-05-22 at 06:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    No, it's to give arcane more info so they can make better decisions.

OT: At first I was like.. what...? Why would I need this? But gonna download it and try it out myself. Will edit.
    Soooooo, it plays it for you so you don't have to think? Additional damn.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2011-05-22 at 06:46 AM.

I do just fine watching my mana bar and seeing what I should do next but...Eh, I'll give it a try.

Soooooo, it plays it for yuo so you don't have to think? Additional damn.
    Badkitty :3

*edit* I am already in my pajamas...maybe I'll do it tomorrow >.>

Deleted
    Soooooo, it plays it for yuo so you don't have to think? Additional damn.
    Nvm, go play arcane, do more DPS than I do as arcane, then come back.

Deleted
    Sweet. Will try this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Nvm, go play arcane, do more DPS than I do as arcane, then come back.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/13628/ kay, lol. But since I don't even know who you are I don't know.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2011-05-22 at 06:49 AM.

im kinda questioning your arcane abilities as a mage if it's os hard you need addon, just saying.

Interesting addon. I will have to check it out some time in the upcoming week. I'm in the camp of just looking at my mana bar and then judging, but this intrigues me.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    im kinda questioning your arcane abilities as a mage if it's os hard you need addon, just saying.
    No one is saying you can't play without an addon, but temporary int gains start messing up with mana percentages which then makes it "harder" to see how much mana you really have which can lead to wasted mana (and thus damage).

@OP I'll be more than please to test it out for a bit.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    So basically it's to make arcane mages even easier.
    Want to know the funny thing? Although Arcane can have ~95% of damage from Arcane Blast, and only has a few spells - there is more to playing Arcane optimally than meets the eye. People that haven't raided with Arcane are less likely to know this. 5 mans don't really count either, because most of those are spent in the Burn Phase, which ignores the other important parts of playing Arcane (managing your mana during the Conserve Phase).

Notice I said Optimally, that's the key part.

Anyone can log Arcane and mash 2 buttons and do some level of DPS. But Playing Arcane optimally takes a bit more than people might not realise. This is where a mod like this can be useful.

If someone just wants to mash 2 buttons and doesn't care about doing optimal DPS, you don't need this mod. If, however, you want every tool that helps - then this is something you should consider trying.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-05-22 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    I have high hopes for this addon. Keep up the good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo, it plays it for you so you don't have to think? Additional damn.
    I guess this is the part where you tell people that fire and frost is hard, and isnt about waiting for procs? lols
    So tired of people drawing the conclusion that your rotation is what makes your spec hard. No rotation in this game is hard, and if you are struggling with yours, it probably means you have some sort of mental deficiancy. The key to arcane is maximizing movement, keeping an eye on cooldowns and procs, and burning your CDs according to your mana and evocation.
    Fire = No mana issues, insane movement DPS, generic roflstomp rotation while praying for crits = Fucking easy.

edit; I don't use any addons aprt from powerauras to track my CDs, I can keep an eye on my mana while taking into account my int procs and how much of a difference they are going to make, it's not hard. People might want / need the comfort of an addons doing it for you, but most good players can keep track of it without it.
    Finals words are that arcane is easy to do good dps with, but really hard to do great dps with, thus the mouthbreathers being butthurt when they fail miserably at the game and needs some class to cry about to make themselves feel better.
    Last edited by Griepen; 2011-05-22 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    this is insane, someone makes another addon to improve game experience for us, agreed some might not need it , some will use it gladly , yet most replies to a volunteer addon creator that doesn't get paid for his hard work are these ? you lot need to rethink your social skills, REALLY

OT: while i won't need the addon i will get it an play with it a bit , and i hope i'll be able to get you important feedback as an avid arcane payer

and the most important think that's missing from this thread : THANK YOU !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griepen View Post
    I guess this is the part where you tell people that fire and frost is hard, and isnt about waiting for procs? lols
    So tired of people drawing the conclusion that your rotation is what makes your spec hard. No rotation in this game is hard, and if you are struggling with yours, it probably means you have some sort of mental deficiancy. The key to arcane is maximizing movement, keeping an eye on cooldowns and procs, and burning your CDs according to your mana and evocation.
    Fire = No mana issues, insane movement DPS, generic roflstomp rotation while praying for crits = Fucking easy.

edit; I don't use any addons aprt from powerauras to track my CDs, I can keep an eye on my mana while taking into account my int procs and how much of a difference they are going to make, it's not hard. People might want / need the comfort of an addons doing it for you, but most good players can keep track of it without it.
    Finals words are that arcane is easy to do good dps with, but really hard to do great dps with, thus the mouthbreathers being butthurt when they fail miserably at the game and needs some class to cry about to make themselves feel better.
    I have no idea what you're talking about because you're no where near anything close to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Griepen View Post
    [...]edit; I don't use any addons aprt from powerauras to track my CDs, I can keep an eye on my mana while taking into account my int procs and how much of a difference they are going to make, it's not hard. People might want / need the comfort of an addons doing it for you, but most good players can keep track of it without it.
    The general point of addons like this is to reduce the attention needed to play at your usual level, thereby freeing up more attention to manage mechanics optimally. I don't think there are any rotations in-game right now that require so little attention that the player couldn't benefit from needing less.