Question Your thoughts before i order

As Posted in threads Before Just looking on Playing wow Black opts and the new battlefield 3 game, How would this build go running theses games on full?

CPU-Intel core 15 2400k 3.10ghz thinking of goings for INTEL CORE I5 2500 3.30 GHZ QUAD CORE 6MB CACHE LGA1155 CPU Instead ?

HardDrive-Western Digiatl 1tb hhd sata II 7200rpm

Card-Nvidia gtx 560 1gb ddr5

Mobo-Asus p8h67 mb socket 1155, Intel h67 chipset

PSU-Vantex ion2 + 600w Ultra quiet psu

Ram-2x4gb 1333mhz ddr3 desktop ram

Again how would this system run thoses games

Many thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like a solid build. i can't tell you from experience, but i'm confident it will play what you want. But do you how expensive the build is i'd recommend waiting on someone who can tell you from experience.
    Last edited by Kardezar; 2011-05-22 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Is this the top end of your budget? As you stated, I would personally bump up to the 2500(k if you want to overclock it), and the SATA-III hard drive just for speed. Possibly even the 560 to a 560 Ti, 6870/6950 just so you don't have to upgrade it for a bit longer.

Just my thoughts, but it may be something to look in to. This build is pretty solid for running WoW, I don't know much about FPSs, but good luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspable View Post
    As Posted in threads Before Just looking on Playing wow Black opts and the new battlefield 3 game, How would this build go running theses games on full?

CPU-Intel core 15 2400k 3.10ghz thinking of goings for INTEL CORE I5 2500 3.30 GHZ QUAD CORE 6MB CACHE LGA1155 CPU Instead ?

HardDrive-Western Digiatl 1tb hhd sata II 7200rpm

Card-Nvidia gtx 560 1gb ddr5

Mobo-Asus p8h67 mb socket 1155, Intel h67 chipset

PSU-Vantex ion2 + 600w Ultra quiet psu

Ram-2x4gb 1333mhz ddr3 desktop ram

Again how would this system run thoses games

Many thanks
    Firstly I'll say this, if you're willing to get a 2500, get the 2500k and a p67 motherboard, in the long run it's for the best. Second, Vantec are a budget PSU, and while they do also make PSUs for companies like OCZ and Scythe I'd be weary of buying it, better off with a Corsair memory builder 500w or 600w.

Also in relation to your ram, I'd suggest Vengeance Ram by Corsair, great value, good for moderate OCing and visually pleasing. The GPU is pretty good, maybe look into a 6950 while you're in that price range and flash it toa 6970, which blows a 560 out of the water. And as mentioned, get a sata 3 HDD, almost no price change between them tbh.

Now your build will play those games, wow an ultra with high shadows, black ops full but I made changes to it if you're looking to play BF3 on high settings. That is going to be a heavy resource game from everything I've read.

This build is gonna cost me $1300 Aus... Getting it built from a computer store. As long as this system will Run Wow and black Opt without any issues i'll be happy with that. I can alwayz upgrade later down the track