Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yeah... I couldnt Stop playing xD... Damn... Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    I missed the mystery and the feeling of helplessness that overcame me in Morrowind. It was fantastic to explore everything, and actually having to be careful of where you went. Many areas had entities in it capable of killing you with ease. In Oblivion literally everything scales to be easy to handle, even the armor on the enemies.

Hopefully they'll bring that back in Skyrim, without the players being forced to install mods to achieve that.
    You know Oblivion had a difficulty slider right? Bump it all the way to the right and you can take like 4-5 hits. Enemies can take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    You know Oblivion had a difficulty slider right? Bump it all the way to the right and you can take like 4-5 hits. Enemies can take a beating.
    But it will forever be the same still. Just because every mob hits harder than their less lethal versions. It's still just a one long line -------- you follow in terms of difficulty no matter where you go.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Right after exiting the sewers. I actually played till 4 am before noticing time and forcing myself to stop the first time.. and back then I had a lousy computer and it ran pretty poorly, at times below 5 fps outdoors and crowded areas. Still, I messed up my first character and had to start over.

Deleted
    I kind of had mixed feelings, initially it sucked me in, and exploring the countryside and towns were particularly immersive. I found the combat system a bit bodgy though (that being on xbox 360) as well as the balance between learning skills. I tended to make lots of alts to try and experiment with all sorts of playstyles.

I haven't really played Oblivion, but I've played other games with fast travel. And I'm wondering how people treat fast travel, which is completely optional..., as a negative aspect of the game. If you don't like it don't use it. How are you forced into using it? How does it make the world smaller or the game easier if you don't have to use it? If you want to explore then don't use fast travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    It sucked me in as soon as I left the sewers to be honest.

That view...

I mean...

Oh my...

God....
    this....i remember that being the best graphics i had EVER seen in a game at the time...i just wanted to go out and explore

still love walking around in that world

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    I played this game out of the sewers and then...didn't know what to do and quit.

ALL of my friends tell me it's the greatest game ever made but I haven't been able to sit down and figure it out.
    First time I tried it the same thing happened. But then I went back and once I figured it out it pretty much became the only game to keep me away from WoW for an extended period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    That game was amazing and still is. You can get several mods from the internet right now as well to make your experience even better, like graphics updates, physic updates etc. I loved it and played it about 7 times or more on xbox360 and PC ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    It sucked me in as soon as I left the sewers to be honest.

That view...

I mean...

Oh my...

God....
    Lol first time I got outside I had been in a dark room....My eyes hurt sooo bad but it was worth it