Avengerof hyjal rep rewards for hpally?

The dps & healing ring are the only 2 I can even consider what would be useful for holy pally. According to ej our current stat weight is int>spirit>haste>mastery>crit is it not?

So they give the healers a mastery cloak...fine probably will be using it for the extra intellect since my old guild was a bunch of a$$holes and never gave me the v&t cloak even though it dropped 5 times in 3 runs and would rather give it to an ele shaman than a real upgrade for a healer. REGARDLESS...I'll be getting the cloak for the extra intellect

But is anybody else gonna be going for the belt? I mean crit/haste...is our mana regen just so good now that we shouldn't have to worry about spirit once we get geared up in 378+ gear?

Forgive me if I am missing something. I stopped playing my holy pally back in march because I had downed nef normal and just didnt want the stress of heroics with a new guild

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The dps & healing ring are the only 2 I can even consider what would be useful for holy pally. According to ej our current stat weight is int>spirit>haste>mastery>crit is it not?

So they give the healers a mastery cloak...fine probably will be using it for the extra intellect since my old guild was a bunch of a$$holes and never gave me the v&t cloak even though it dropped 5 times in 3 runs and would rather give it to an ele shaman than a real upgrade for a healer. REGARDLESS...I'll be getting the cloak for the extra intellect

But is anybody else gonna be going for the belt? I mean crit/haste...is our mana regen just so good now that we shouldn't have to worry about spirit once we get geared up in 378+ gear?

Forgive me if I am missing something. I stopped playing my holy pally back in march because I had downed nef normal and just didnt want the stress of heroics with a new guild
    As of now 4.2 will bring us a few changes, some are(there's more, I suggest just reading over pally 4.2 notes)

Divine Light mana cost has been increased to 35% of base mana, up from 30%.
    Flash of Light mana cost has been increased to 31% of base mana, up from 27%.
    Holy Light mana cost has been increased to 12% of base mana, up from 10%.
    Speed of Light now reduces the cooldown of Holy Radiance by 40 sec, up from 30 sec.

So on paper our regen will be more important than ever.................maybe.

It might not be that holy paladins are too efficient right now but with firelands gear, they are? That's just my guess as to the whole increased mana cost thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It might not be that holy paladins are too efficient right now but with firelands gear, they are? That's just my guess as to the whole increased mana cost thing.
    Thats a weird reason to nerf a class. "You are getting stronger with beter gear, so we're going to nerf you so you'll be just as strong... and weaker if you didnt get new gear yet".
    Blizzard has their head up their ass on that mana nerf. Anyway, it could make Spirit much more important because you'll have to compensate for some pretty high increases to your manacost.

Your heals will be around 15 to 20% more expensive to cast. So you need around 15% more regen to compensate for that.

Don't know how long it will take to get honored, but I guess by the time you get there cloak and belt will still be fine.
    Trinket seems to be useless.
    And then then ring is kind of awesome with a gem slot and ilvl 391.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Your heals will be around 15 to 20% more expensive to cast. So you need around 15% more regen to compensate for that.
    or... 15% more mana pool. remember spirit scales with intel also divine plea and replenishment both work based on current max mana pool. while other casters regen is based more upon spirit.

More intellect is priority over everything including spirit. There's this cool thing called reforging btw. Anyone who keeps a lower tier item because it has haste or spirit on it is really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post

Reforge the crit to spirit. The belt is still an ILvL upgrade over what is currently available, so depending on our other waist options in T12 it will still probably find its way into our suits despite imperfect itemization.

On another note: You can't get bent out of shape if your loot council awards gear to DPS first. Many fights have rough DPS checks when doing progression. Even for farming, higher raid DPS makes for shorter fights and less stress on healer mana. As a healer, you should be accustomed to carrying your weight with less gear than Tanks/DPS. We, as healers, gear for the following tier of content more so than we do for the current one.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lil pink pwny View Post
    More intellect is priority over everything including spirit. There's this cool thing called reforging btw. Anyone who keeps a lower tier item because it has haste or spirit on it is really silly.
    While this is generally true, exceptions can be made in order to maintain any important breakpoints. Ex. the 1860 haste breakpoint for the extra tick of Holy Radiance.
    Last edited by Matuzak; 2011-05-23 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typos?

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Thats a weird reason to nerf a class. "You are getting stronger with beter gear, so we're going to nerf you so you'll be just as strong... and weaker if you didnt get new gear yet".
    Blizzard has their head up their ass on that mana nerf. Anyway, it could make Spirit much more important because you'll have to compensate for some pretty high increases to your manacost.

This wouldn't be anywhere near the first time they've done a preemptive nerf for fear of scaling.

Talk to warriors, Ret and many others sometime.

Pretty sure it'll be int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery in 4.2. Maybe even haste=crit because of the increase to crit heals. 100% instead of just 50% on crit heal.

Deleted
    i've been rather disappointed too. why would they even design a plate belt without spirit? that just seems like a little slap in the face, like: we know you want spirit, we know you are the only one carrying that belt (since it's plate+int), so we don't add it on the gear? that just seems too stupid for me.
    actually the same with the eternal pathfinders, but why would they design that crap again?

as for the other int+spirit-items: jeah mastery all the way. we'll have to look for off-items. but i assume we'll have to wear them anyway for the extra int and reforge mastey-> haste.

that trinket is just awesomely stupid. i could imagine it'll has its use for timing with DP or / and Arcane Torrent. but i'll rather use a trinket with a fixed amount of +int on it and some nice spirit-on-use.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    Pretty sure it'll be int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery in 4.2. Maybe even haste=crit because of the increase to crit heals. 100% instead of just 50% on crit heal.
    I, personally, will never value crit>haste. I'm the type of healer that will take crit on my gear, but I don't want to stack it because you might not get that crit you needed in that clutch moment. Whereas with haste, you will always have fast heals.

Deleted
    I'm very disappointed in the trinket. Static spirit and an on use int proc.. and healer Ring and Cloak have mastery on them - again.
    did you see the new badge belt? no spirit, crit and mastery as stats.

At least we'll finally get some spirit+haste tier pieces..

sorry for the qq