Thread: raid battle rez

raid battle rez

I know there is a thread somewhere that says and explains the battle rez limit. can someone please help me find it. i would be greatly apprecaitive

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man = 1 brez per fight, 25 man = 3 brez per fight. Really all there is to it. Soul stones count as one, I'm not sure whether shammy ankh'ing does or not.

You get one Brez/SS/raise ally/ankh in 10man. 3 in 25man.

shammy ankh does not count afaik

ankh doesnt take up a battle rez

Deleted
    I think Ankh does not count, since we have up to 4 shamans in our 10 man raid (I know, I know...) and our enh shaman kinda liked dying, he still can get a brez after using his ankh.

It is quite possible that Ankh does not count due to it being a personal option only, in that it cannot be targeted on another member.

does anyone know where the blue post that refers to this is located?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3CAP174710N View Post
    does anyone know where the blue post that refers to this is located?
    You can google for it as it was posted on the old website. You won't find it anywhere but a cache. But I can guarantee you it's 1 on 10m, 3 on 25m as was stated above. Shamans Ankh's don't count so you are limited to druis battle rez, warlocks soulstone and death knights raise ally. Druids being the best of the 3.

There was a bug on cata release where Shamans Ankh would count as a battle rez sometimes but that has been fixed for quite some time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    you can have 1 in 10 and 3 in 25,
    akn counts only 'when they accept it' but if they die at the same time as someone else in a 10 man for example and the someones else gets a res they are stil in a resable state as their reincarnation proced when the 1 res limit was reached.
    so i believe if your shamys are the last ones to self res as long as they died before the limit was reached they can.

Yeah, as a druid who´s always in charge of brezzes, the shamy ankh doesnt count. A shamy can die and reincarnate and i can still Rez, however.... dk brez and lock ss does count..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    you can have 1 in 10 and 3 in 25,
    akn counts only 'when they accept it' but if they die at the same time as someone else in a 10 man for example and the someones else gets a res they are stil in a resable state as their reincarnation proced when the 1 res limit was reached.
    so i believe if your shamys are the last ones to self res as long as they died before the limit was reached they can.
    As explained above, this used to be the case due to a bug.
    However, it has since been fixed, so it doesn't matter when a Shaman ankhs anymore, it won't count as a battle res.

Also Brezzes cast and not accepted or double cast count too

Deleted
    Im pretty sure ankh doesnt count, but I think it was bugged for a while where you sometimes couldnt ankh if someone was brezzed before you.

Deleted
    tbh the logic in having 3 BR's in 25 man and only 1 in 10 man does in one way seem correct (less players so lower rez limit), but imo it is illogical due to the unforgiving nature of having less players.

25 man heroic encounter - 2 dps and 1 healer die, you can still make it through the fight without using any rezes, despite the fact you have 3 available
    10 man heroic encounter - 1 dps or 1 healer dies, you're screwed unless you use a brez.

3 - 25man
    1 - 10man

Ankhs need not apply.

Deleted
    does a soulstone could as an akn if pre-cast? does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    does a soulstone could as an akn if pre-cast? does anyone know?
    No, Soulstone always counts towards the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Im pretty sure ankh doesnt count, but I think it was bugged for a while where you sometimes couldnt ankh if someone was brezzed before you.
    Ankh use to count as it was a res during the fight. They since changed it because it is something that the user can choose to do themselves or not and could be used to screw up the battle res count so I think it was just easiest to disable it from the count. While Soul Stone/Rebirth/Raise Ally are all chosen on any player in the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ankh use to count as it was a res during the fight. They since changed it because it is something that the user can choose to do themselves or not and could be used to screw up the battle res count so I think it was just easiest to disable it from the count. While Soul Stone/Rebirth/Raise Ally are all chosen on any player in the raid.
    No. Ankh was bugged when they applied the combat res restrictions on Cataclysm's release. Sometimes you could get 2 battle res's and 2 ankhs. Other times you could get 1 battle res and 2 ankhs and on a good fight you could get all 3 battle res's + 2, 3 and 4 ankhs. We started 25's with 4 druids and 4 shamans.

If Blizzard intended Ankh to work like this it would've been changed in 4.1, not hotfixed before 4.06.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222